what's the "by the book" methodology for maximizing outdoor yield in limited space?

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

hey guys.

i'm planing to pop some seeds soon, i was a bit worried about timing cause i keep seeing remarks by other farmers saying it's too late already... but i remember harvesting around the beginning of july last year so i guess i have some little time left.

this year, in oppose to last one, i'm gonna go with Alien gen instead of "off the shelf seeds" and i'm really psyched about it. although, the off the shelf seeds have a distinct advantage to them- they're fem. i keep thinking about the male/female ratio i'm gonna get with Alien and i'm afraid i wont be able to maximize yield per square feet.

-i only have room for 10x40g pots at any given moment. i'm willing to invest whatever, just point me to the right direction.

Thanks

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
How much room do you have? why pots instead of in the ground? do you already have your seeds in hand or are you planning to buy? are you in a med state where you could just grab some clones and be off to the races?

I just started a bunch of beans for selection and outdoors...I should get one full flip for selections, F2's and crosses.....take clones and put the moms in the ground for the full season around mid May to June 1st..harvest second week of October all uncovered plants, cold frame a few for a november harvest...thats my plan anyways.

sky high

sky high

I'd go with the fems. Faster....and for sure you'll find girls. With the Alien gear, not so much as they seem very male heavy for most growers.

There's also Pisces gear and Connoissuer Gear. Jimmy and OJ are about to drop some nice fems. Might take valuable time to get em in hand, but you'll still be ahead of wasting time with males, IMO.

good luck

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

How much room do you have? why pots instead of in the ground? do you already have your seeds in hand or are you planning to buy? are you in a med state where you could just grab some clones and be off to the races?

I just started a bunch of beans for selection and outdoors...I should get one full flip for selections, F2's and crosses.....take clones and put the moms in the ground for the full season around mid May to June 1st..harvest second week of October all uncovered plants, cold frame a few for a november harvest...thats my plan anyways.

i grow on my tile floor porch, in pots,-that's what i have right now. seeds are a week-10d away and i live in israel so no chance of grabbing clones here bro.

I'd go with the fems. Faster....and for sure you'll find girls. With the Alien gear, not so much as they seem very male heavy for most growers.

There's also Pisces gear and Connoissuer Gear. Jimmy and OJ are about to drop some nice fems. Might take valuable time to get em in hand, but you'll still be ahead of wasting time with males, IMO.
oide
good luck

got it man. Alien also has some fem strains right? like the SP? and anyways can i avoid setting up a grow room?

Brain

Brain

Build a greenhouse in your space, light dep from April-june, replant in june for a full season crop. 2 pulls should be better than 1. Clones>seed starts, small pots for the dep, big beds for the full season.

vaporedout

vaporedout

in cali if you put out plants now they start budding, about another month or so and mine will be out...ISRAEL huh?? very cool, i wonder if thats why you finished in july, or did you have a fast finisher?

Mogrow

Mogrow

shit rf2g, i thought isreal would be alot further south, looks like your about on the 35th, im on the 37th so it shouldn't be that much difference in the light department.
if you're crunched for space go with feminized. i ran some of logics cheeto kush and it was wonderful. think he's got some wolverine kush left, it's feminized. i'm going to run the cheeto outside this year myself and i've got a feeling it's gonna be a star, judgeing from that it did indoors for me.
you have all the time in the world bro, you can plant by the april full moon and have it in the barn by october.
good luck
peace mogrow

Chobble

Chobble

^^ Thats a pretty solid plan, Unfortunately you probably will just get your seedlings out for May. I would recommend getting some fabric pots for better aeration and high quality potting soil. Getting the biggest pots you can get will be the key to your success on your patio.

Also I don't know what manure you have at your disposal (I'm sure israel has things that shit[Goat?].) If you want to not have to worry about feeding your plants layer the bottom 1/4 or 1/3 of your fabric pots with the manure.

Just food for thought :)

i grow on my tile floor porch, in pots,-that's what i have right now. seeds are a week-10d away and i live in israel so no chance of grabbing clones here bro.

got it man. Alien also has some fem strains right? like the SP? and anyways can i avoid setting up a grow room?

Order your seeds now and quick! Hopefully shipping is nice and speedy. You can avoid setting up a grow room, Start your seeds on a window sill in a plastic container. If you can buy a heating pad to help speed up the process (You can even find them on amazon!). Water the seeds with warm water once a day for the first few days they germ and hopefully you'll have some healthy babies ready for transplant.

Mind you I do propagation professionally, and working with community trays is a skill you have to develop. You may want to think about planting your seedlings directly into one gallon or 4" pots for your ease.

Best wishes! Post up a grow journal and let us watch when your ready!
Chobble

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
shit rf2g, i thought isreal would be alot further south, looks like your about on the 35th, im on the 37th so it shouldn't be that much difference in the light department.
if you're crunched for space go with feminized. i ran some of logics cheeto kush and it was wonderful. think he's got some wolverine kush left, it's feminized. i'm going to run the cheeto outside this year myself and i've got a feeling it's gonna be a star, judgeing from that it did indoors for me.
you have all the time in the world bro, you can plant by the april full moon and have it in the barn by october.
good luck
peace mogrow

Good post Mo! :)

Build a greenhouse in your space, light dep from April-june, replant in june for a full season crop. 2 pulls should be better than 1. Clones>seed starts, small pots for the dep, big beds for the full season.
Yep! Great post Brian...thats exactly what Im doing

A green house can be Any size

Small greenhouseo

Latest posts

Top Bottom