Whats the cheapest best quality LED lights

• Thread starter J1EviLGREENz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

I run 2 of these Light Fixtures(fce 3000) for Auto Flowers next to my Photoperiods, I like having that halfway crop coming in while waiting for my Photoperiods to finish(4+ months fugging Sativa's!)...I use a 60" x 32" x 80" tents for Autos (nearly a 3 x 5 tent) Ill run 3 Autos under 2 lights and they are bangers every time, for $239.00 they rock, way over gram/watt!! full review @ cocoforcannabis.com. linked below, Mars also has the same unit with the Samsung diodes $289.00, Coco recommends the Bridgelux in his review. the lights listed below currentlyon sale for 199.00 right now! I just bought another 2, fuck me....

note: over the years Ive learned to run multiple smaller fixtures rather than 1 large fixture, as they can be moved around to smaller/larger spaces, if 1 malfunctions, you move in a different one, if you have different size grow spaces makes good sense. A friend of mine uses 8 Mars Hydro Sp 150's in a basement grow, he pulls in awesome crops with 8 $120.00 light fixtures. I dont go for expensive Lighting(its just weed)lol, Im still running 1000w DE Halides in my Photoperiod space...good luck M8

socks4free

socks4free

3 metres by 1.5
Same light whole life
£300-£450
Id take a look at vivosuns or mars hydros selection(maybe a mars hydro FC- E4800 or 6500) They both have a pretty decent range of lights in that price range. Viparspectra and spider farmer are generally a bit more expensive than those 2 but they are also a bit higher quality from what I've read and seen in videos. (Please note I have no personal experience with these lights just spent a long time looking for lights earlier this year)

I personally have a vivosun vs1000 but it's really only 100w draw and im not flowering with it just starting plants for my outdoor grow but I'll also be using it to veg a few mothers over this winter so I may need to upgrade at some point. Don't buy a blurple get one of the newer white types with ful spectrum.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Shopping for sales or searching for discount codes can be a good idea. I haven't shopped for lights in quite a while. I haven't had any problems with the ViparSpectra lights I've been using. They're powerful.

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Because I use hps and there expensive on energy
Keep the hps buddy! You recoup your electric cost and imo, hps perform better and give better sugar results.
I grew for 15 years under hps alone. I did perpetual harvesting and loved it. Clones grew dense and stinky plus covered in tricomes.
But I had to stop since I sold our big house for a smaller one. Kids all gone.
Outdoor only now. But thinking of a small indoor auto-flower set up. So I’m looking for a light to do 1 plant no training.
Best of luck.

Post if you do the switch and how you like the change in lights?

rasterman

rasterman

Keep the hps buddy! You recoup your electric cost and imo, hps perform better and give better sugar results.
I grew for 15 years under hps alone. I did perpetual harvesting and loved it. Clones grew dense and stinky plus covered in tricomes.
But I had to stop since I sold our big house for a smaller one. Kids all gone.
Outdoor only now. But thinking of a small indoor auto-flower set up. So I’m looking for a light to do 1 plant no training.
Best of luck.

Post if you do the switch and how you like the change in lights?
Agreed - I do so much better when HPS is in the room. Anyone who hasn't grown under HPS should, just to know the difference.

N

Natep

how big is your area? If you are looking to replace a hps I would assume a pretty large area? These little leds probably won’t cut it.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I’ll be the 3rd person to recommend viperspectra. Good driver, reasonable prices, wide variety of models for various tent sizes. I run two xp1000 and two xp600 in my bloom tent.
still haven’t found anything better then t5 long bars for veg.

Grower1974

Grower1974

ViparSpecta hands down. The KS-3000/5000 series really hit the nail on the head. Awesome photon spread. LM301H diodes spaced perfectly. Build quality/performance is amazing and comparable to any yuppie over marketed $600-900 light fixture. My last grow session with the KS-5000 in my 4X4 yielded 616 grams dried, 700-840PPFD, and I never had the KS-5000 above 75% (387W on my watt meter). Only $90.00 in electricity cost for 22oz of product....... I now own 2 KS-5000's.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

My opinion, dollar for dollar, nothing beats a 315w CMH in a 3x3 for flower or 4x4 for veg. It absolutely slays, the spectrum is something like 95% of what the actual sun puts out, you don't even have to strip the bottom 2/3rds of your plant, more like just under 1/2 way and you'll still get all solid nugs.

For LED, i really like Bloom Plus lights for veg, and I use Mars Hydro for flower. My advice is ALWAYS wait for a holiday sale 👌

LED fixtures come with a "peace of mind" you don't get with a glowing white-hot CMH bulb; i always had this worry in the back of my head that my CMH bulb would blow out & cause a fire while I'm gone, I've had an LED fail and it just fails 👌 no fuss, no muss----well, the fuss of replacing it.

Top Bottom