What's The Correct Measurement For Prefilters?

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

So I've got a few Phresh carbon filters I need new prefilters for. The flange opening measures 10" and the height is about 40" with flange. I've never ordered prefilters before so I'm not too sure which measurement to take for the correct size. I was looking at a few prefilters that weren't the Phresh brand. For the larger filters I saw anywhere from 8"-14" x 16"-64". What's the correct way to measure for a prefilter? I just wanna order the correct size the first time.

OLAFU

OLAFU

Measure the O.D by the length. Pre -filters are basically just dust nets. You would be perfectly ok without one. Is your filter heavy, or extremly light? If it's the former it will need to be replaced after several months anyways.

U

username09

Yea I've got a few of the big 40lbs filters that sat around for awhile in the garage. I dunno how, but the prefilters got torn. I plan on using them again soon and wanna get some new prefilters. One is a Phresh and the other is the Ecoplus Carbonaire. They're the same height but the Ecoplus is roughly 16" where as the Phresh is 14" iirc. I've got a smaller filter in use and I thought about possibly washing the prefilter just to clean things up a bit.

OLAFU

OLAFU

From your initial post it sounds like you need the Phresh 701095 replacement Pre-Filter, 10-Inch by 39-Inch. If you're unsure you can get a bigger size and cutt to fit.

You can wash the pre filter you currently have in use. Just make sure if you put it in the dryer not to use any heat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom