Whats The Difference Between Gavita De Fixtures And The Gavita Classic Fixtures

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

whats the diffrence between the Gavita DE fixtures and the Gavita classic fixtures? im trying to purchase them and cant decide which ones to go with.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Both the classic series and the e-line series have a DE version. The e-line has a socket to connect a cable to a remote control.

vangs

vangs

Both the classic series and the e-line series have a DE version. The e-line has a socket to connect a cable to a remote control.
by remote control do you mean the gavita lighting controllers? so if they both have a DE version then whats the difference between the classic series and the classic series DE fixtures?

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

The Classics only run on 240 +\-10%, the newer ones are 120-240 full range including 208.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Up to 80 in total. 1 x 80 or 2 x 40.

soserthc1

soserthc1

What would be the best light for a 4&4 area with 8 ft ceilings and heat being a issue. I'm liking the 6/750 de ? I've been stretching the area to 5/5 lately with added led
Thoughts ? Sorry about the piggy back but hate new threads

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
For 4x4' a 6/750 DE works very nicely and the different settings make it suitable for dealing with hotter periods as well as use a slightly larger space (like 4x5', run 750-825). Still, good ventilation is a must.

MGRox

MGRox

@soserthc1 Just recently swapped one of my 6's out for a 6/750, so it's coverage is intended for 4x4. I can say I'm very happy, the spread compared to a standard 600 is remarkable. At the sides I noted a 30% increase in par over the 600 (lens / cooled). As well, it actually added 50 PAR to a point 16" down and 72" to the side...A small thing but I was surprised. The par measurements were done with the flex on 600w.

Watch for the possibility of an increase in CA (with some varieties) if you change from standard 600 to the flex. (PSII repair).

soserthc1

soserthc1

@soserthc1 Just recently swapped one of my 6's out for a 6/750, so it's coverage is intended for 4x4. I can say I'm very happy, the spread compared to a standard 600 is remarkable. At the sides I noted a 30% increase in par over the 600 (lens / cooled). As well, it actually added 50 PAR to a point 16" down and 72" to the side...A small thing but I was surprised. The par measurements were done with the flex on 600w.

Watch for the possibility of an increase in CA (with some varieties) if you change from standard 600 to the flex. (PSII repair).

Good info gonna be doing the same but the my main issue would be heat. Have your temps increased from a sealed 600 to a open 750
I love that added par but must admit I'm not much on reading it and such , kinda just let the plants tell me about needs
Reading light pars becomes unnecessary when your constantly on security.
Thanks
Oh and what should I be paying ball park for this ?

MGRox

MGRox

@soserthc1
Yeah, the temps did rise a bit. Now, I do have a 12k ductless, but the cooled hood is still closer to the a/c and partially blocks flow (since closer to canopy). As such, the canopy temps were 76 and now (just under gavita) it is 83 or so. When I add the second (last) gavita, I will put a bit more effort in getting my canopy temp lower a bit. Since the gavita's have a higher canopy spacing, it is easier to get flow in that space then I can / could with the 600's. Oh, again the gavita is set on 600 atm.
As for the price, I paid about 450. I'm not sure if that's the best price or not.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Good stuff setting on 600 is OK because u always have the option to ramp up to 750 even if ya gotta wait till winter ;)

I'm on:cool: it ....thanks bro

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Difference between classic n e series de gavitas are: e-series can run 120v and can b paired with their el controller.

vangs

vangs

Difference between classic n e series de gavitas are: e-series can run 120v and can b paired with their el controller.
so if im running 240v and im not using a gavita lighting control then which ones should i get? the classic or e series? and should i get the regular or the DE version?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
so if im running 240v and im not using a gavita lighting control then which ones should i get? the classic or e series? and should i get the regular or the DE version?
Def the classic as u will b paying more for the e-series and not utilizing what you are paying more for. The 1kw is only de and the 600 is screw in and the 600/750 is double ended.

Top Bottom