Whats the easiest cheapest simplest why didnt i think of this sooner upgrade you have made to your grow space

• Thread starter gromie440
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gromie440

Building a new grow room just putting the finishing touches what are some little things you guys have done that have been helpfull simplified something or reduced costs

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

This is a super-specific thing, and doesn't apply to folks who aren't scrogging. I started using 4-way elbows for my trellis corners, cutting slots into them so I can string them up outside my tents, and then snap them into place on the tent poles.

Mandarin sunset week 5
Trellis corners

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Building a new grow room just putting the finishing touches what are some little things you guys have done that have been helpfull simplified something or reduced costs
I have been combating temps and RH! Opening the door to mitigate that was the simplest and most affective way to deal with it at this point hahaha! I even came to the farm for help over it and then one day realized I could just open the damn door! Hahaha : )

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I put my plants on turntables to make defoliation and pruning easier. It's helpful to be able to see every side of the plant. Turning them regularly also makes the plant grow evenly or balanced.

I've never built a grow room and probably never will. I think installing ample electrical service would be one of the first things I'd do. An easy-to-use system for hanging lights and fans would also be nice.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

This may sound dumb, but for me it was actually to commit the entire room for growing. Original plan was to use just part of the room for a tent, and then another tent was added, then another, then part the closet was commandeered, then the whole closet. Eventually I said wtf am I doing, just commit the whole damn room and be done with it! 😂

PXL 20240317 210418576

PXL 20240317 210439759

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
This may sound dumb, but for me it was actually to commit the entire room for growing. Original plan was to use just part of the room for a tent, and then another tent was added, then another, then part the closet was commandeered, then the whole closet. Eventually I said wtf am I doing, just commit the whole damn room and be done with it! 😂

View attachment 2142791
View attachment 2142792
That rug really ties the whole room together ; )

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I wish I had planned for storage of tools, nutrients, water, spare parts, etc.

Also, I have two of my tents on tables, but I didn't plan it that way. Having them off the floor limits bending and kneeling. It's also warmer and the air flow is better. There's also some room for storage or inline fans.

P

Putthataway

View attachment 2142791
View attachment 2142792
Looks really cool and clean. I honestly thought am perplexed by the three doors. Like if it’s closet why wouldn’t they have just made one larger closet? If it’s an entrance why two doors? Also if they are all three closets are they connected?

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Looks really cool and clean. I honestly thought am perplexed by the three doors. Like if it’s closet why wouldn’t they have just made one larger closet? If it’s an entrance why two doors? Also if they are all three closets are they connected?
Thanks man. Lol, its hard to tell from the pics, cant get the whole room in 1 shot, its too small. The entrance way is the door on the left in front of the 2x3, the two doors behind the tent are the closet and a bathroom. Theres actually another door not in the pic that goes to my office. Used to be my beer brewing room 👍

P

Putthataway

Thanks man. Lol, its hard to tell from the pics, cant get the whole room in 1 shot, its too small. The entrance way is the door on the left in front of the 2x3, the two doors behind the tent are the closet and a bathroom. Theres actually another door not in the pic that goes to my office. Used to be my beer brewing room 👍
Ahhh didn’t think about a bathroom. Every house I have ever been in the master bedroom has the attached to room and most people aren’t using their master as the grow room. Did you scrap the beer brewing deal? I really want to try it myself.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Ahhh didn’t think about a bathroom. Every house I have ever been in the master bedroom has the attached to room and most people aren’t using their master as the grow room. Did you scrap the beer brewing deal? I really want to try it myself.
Its just a little room in the basement, old build I think the 40's lol..

Didnt give up the brewing, just moved the operation to a buddys with a bigger garage 👍

20240113 121619
20240113 121635
Top Bottom