What's the easiest to water plants is soil?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I want to switch my garden to all organics but I don't have the extra time it takes to hand water every plant by hand.

I have enough problems with hydro cloged emmiters.

I run Rev's 2.1 and love it. I water with tea/General organics/and water then repeat.

So I was looking for options to water them and it can't clog using GenOrg fert, Teas and caps bennies.

G

Garden of Dreams

Get a 45 gall trash cn, Brute, Get a 1000 gph plus pump, Get the 1/2" Hydrofarm Black Hose, These are the most flexable Ive seen, generic brands kink! Imho, I run a 50 ft'r, Easy Peasy, And you get up close and personal will all her ladys at water time, I use 7-10 gall pots so Im in there every 3 days with my hose, you can also get a wand, Im physically able so this works for me,

doctordank

doctordank

You could use the pump in the trash can but instead of watering out of a hose or wand by hand, you can set drippers up to each pot. Then you can either set the pump up with a timer or you can manually turn the pump on/off when its time to water. Its convenient and all the plants get watered at the same time. A buddy of mine has his organic garden set up like that and it works out good for him. I'm am going to be doing the same thing on my next garden because I like the system so much. Hope this helps brother, Peace

green punk

green punk

"Some" of the pumps have oil in them that "may" eventually leak. FWIW

Element

Element

I find that ease of mind comes with using a hose and wand and doing it by hand. You dont have to worry about and extra timer or any of the other bs that come with drip systems. Plus it helps attention to detail I think. Oh and if you decide on the hose get the hydrofarm black like Garden of Dreams said. Its a life saver.
-element

L

linky

I ran 3/4" pvc plumbing from my 44gal brute containers with a 600gph submersible pump. Made an E shape layout in my grow room out of the PVC and put in drippers like others have mentioned. Works pretty well. I have drippers that you can adjust the flow on in case you have some that need more or less water than others.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right now I'm keeping a bunch of container plants watered by using bottles with small holes punched in the tops. My lettuces, containers of yarrow and lavender, rosemary, oregano. When I get more bottles/containers I'm going to add some to my cannabis and may use some pee in there. The only thing is that with some bottles it's hard to get them buried deeply enough so they don't fall over.

I've been running myself ragged before I read about doing this. Now I just rotate filling up the bottles, every two to three days, whereas I'd been watering daily.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I find that ease of mind comes with using a hose and wand and doing it by hand. You dont have to worry about and extra timer or any of the other bs that come with drip systems. Plus it helps attention to detail I think. Oh and if you decide on the hose get the hydrofarm black like Garden of Dreams said. Its a life saver.
-element
I agree E but it sure is nice to have a backup system in case you want to get away for a few days or the kids have games all week OR if you have multiple spots,its a pretty easy and cheap tool to have in your room.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Or, especially if you're MMJ, what if you're having a really bad day or series of days? Since tearing out my ACL both my knees are giving me problems like I've never had before, and it leaves me hobbling everywhere. And, as ever, some days are better than others.

doctordank

doctordank

Yup, when you have broken your back and have accelerated cervical spondylosis any little bit of help is great...

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Is there something u can buy/make that has a container to hold say a gallon or 2 with a hose of some sort that will flow out using gravity instead of a pump. Im in no need for a huge container and the use of a pump with the size of my grows, but hand watering is a hassle

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes. In fact, I used to use this 'device' when acclimating fish and corals. You take a jug, bucket, whatever will hold water. Drill a 1/4" hole as near to the bottom as you can (while still allowing the container to sit flat). Silicone into the hole an airline tubing valve. Onto that valve you stick some 1/4" airline tubing leading to wherever you need it. Fill container, place it above what you want watered (or acclimated) and set the drip (rate). Milk jugs are one of the easier containers to rig up this way, but 5gal buckets, trash cans and similar all work, too.

S

slap14

I used to use a wand with a pump in a trashcan, but found that the setting it up and cleaning it took more time than hand watering. Found I have a tendency to really inspect my plants while hand watering because it did take a little longer. I have come to actually enjoy watering time in the tent.:) If I ever stopped hand watering I would switch to a drip system similar to what Seamaiden suggested.

slap

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I mix my soil heavily with organic ferts so all I ever need to do is water with plain H20 or a dose of CAPS bennies. I hardly ever clean my res' or pumps. It's beautiful. It's one of those, work hard in the beginning and sit back and relax the remaining 10-12 weeks... simplicity.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I mix my soil heavily with organic ferts so all I ever need to do is water with plain H20 or a dose of CAPS bennies. I hardly ever clean my res' or pumps. It's beautiful. It's one of those, work hard in the beginning and sit back and relax the remaining 10-12 weeks... simplicity.
mind sharing your mix?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

mind sharing your mix?
This mix is per 4x8 bed, 7-10 day veg SOG
I use Sunshine bales...
1 32lb bag http://monstergardens.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_248&product_id=1700
1 30lb bag
Roughly 40 oz. D. Lime
Experimenting with this http://monstergardens.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_248&product_id=1552
4 dixies of this
4 dixies of Azomite
and 4 dixies of my bloom top dressing that a buddy makes consisting of several different guano's mainly consisting of Phosphorus and Potassium
Sometimes when running Diesels or OGs I will have to top dress with more EWC/D. Lime and some of this stuff is thrown into my teas.

Top Bottom