whats the goin rate for trimmers this year?

• Thread starter CBF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaredman

jaredman

depending on your harvest size you can never replace trimmers though. You still need tons of man hours to prep for the machines, might as well just pay them to trim I say. This is the main reason I will never use a machine because it almost costs the same to have someone hand trim or to prep for the trimmer.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

depending on your harvest size you can never replace trimmers though. You still need tons of man hours to prep for the machines, might as well just pay them to trim I say. This is the main reason I will never use a machine because it almost costs the same to have someone hand trim or to prep for the trimmer.

that's definitely not true...four people and a machine can do in two days what 12 people could do in a week. But in most cases good luck trying to sell machined nug for more than 2 a pound

K

kolah

Wow, it looks like there are some good paying jobs that I ain't getting. But hell, I am happily trimming for 10 bucks an hour or half a sack a day. Plus we sit around and drink a few beers, puff away and shoot the shit. It ain't even "work" to me. And it sure beats some shit-ass minimum wage americano job and getting bent over by Uncle Scam.

I dislike machine trimmed buds but I also understand if you have mountains of dope ya gotta do it. I am using a dremel tool with a home made cutting blade that works really nice...and faster....and easier on the dick-skinners.

It sure seems like my part of CO had a damn good Harvest. Lots of good looking bud, indoor pot but especially the outdoors stuff. Flood the market time. And more good smoke for the planet.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I use to have a bunch of ladies that trimmed for me and I paid cash and weed. 25$ hr and depending on how long they trimmed a bag of weed. I run a couple shops and have used every trimmer out there and after all these years the best one for me is the the trimpro rotor, it`s fucking awesome, so says my clients.

http://www.trimpro.com/bud-leaf-trimmer/trimpro-rotor

Using machines to trim is not a plug and play adventure. I have had about 40% of people come back and say the trimmer sucks but when I go out it`s ether what they are doing wrong or not doing right.

Some of the reasons they don`t work so well

Read the fucking manual! really read the fucking manual!
The deck needs to be set up right, higher or lower the blades
The fresher the better the trim
take the shade leaves off first
no big stalks
do not leave in there very long
clean the blades
not all trimmers are equal

I put my trimpro rotor on a garbage can and get it going, the buds spend maybe 20 to 30 seconds in there and they are done. If your buds look like broccoli you are leaving them in the trimmer too long to tumble. The only issue I had with the rotor was no speed control on the top motor was easy to fix just put a speedster controler on it.

IMGP5908
IMGP7184

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Have any of you seen the dry trim machines yet? They basically took over the market in my area and with the right strain (denseness is key) the buds look like the best hand trimmed nugs ever! took me 20 mins to clean a p, and the machine is only 4400 compared to 15000+ for the wet trim machines. As far as paying I cannot afford to pay more than 150 a unit, its too much of the total net to do anything different.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have *not* seen or heard of dry trimming machines before, sanvanalona. I'd love to see what they can do.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

I trim for nugs straight up... I just enjoy trimming, but I hate when people fuck around. In my experience, the grower fucks off about as much as the worst trimmers. But thats the story with this herb. Lots of lazy asses hang round this stuff.

I trim for folks who enjoy my skills. I want to be the guy quietly trimming, cranking out weight. I like it when at the end of a session the grower has noticed perhaps my weight is quite a bit higher than the rest of the crew. then he kicks me down more nugs or a extra 50 bucks.

I used to work for a grower who would tell us to pull the best nugs out of the batch, keep em to one side. wed split these buds at the end of the session and he would say "this is to good to sell to a bunch of ass holes."

This season I'm not working as much as I want, but part is I'm not taking jobs with crews that fuck around too much. I'm not 20 anymore, I just want to get shit done.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have *not* seen or heard of dry trimming machines before, sanvanalona. I'd love to see what they can do.

I will try to post up photos later today, this machine took a lot of jobs away......but I have to be honest I have seen so much lack of work ethic amongst trimmers in my years that it seems inevitable that something would come along to pick up the slack so to speak. On a good note for hand trimmers, this machine cannot trim every strain equally so there will be a future for trimmers just not as much of one.......most my friends had trimmers around for less than 2 weeks because of this machine and usually they are around for 2 months!!

Blaze

Blaze

They do the same thing the Twisters and other similar 'wet' machines do. Beat the shit out of the buds, knock of trichromes, and generally degrade the over-all quality. If it 'looks as good as hand trimmed' you hired some really shitty trimmers...

The rotor styles ones can work well for removing the big leaves during harvest but that's about all they are good for. In the long run the automatic trim machines tend to actually lose you money as the price for machine trimmed, at least from what I have seen, is always considerably lower. You won't get "A" grade bud if you don't hand trim, that's all there is to it.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

They do the same thing the Twisters and other similar 'wet' machines do. Beat the shit out of the buds, knock of trichromes, and generally degrade the over-all quality. If it 'looks as good as hand trimmed' you hired some really shitty trimmers...

The rotor styles ones can work well for removing the big leaves during harvest but that's about all they are good for. In the long run the automatic trim machines tend to actually lose you money as the price for machine trimmed, at least from what I have seen, is always considerably lower. You won't get "A" grade bud if you don't hand trim, that's all there is to it.
I would have said the same thing a month ago. Have you seen the one that is getting used/made in nevada county? there have not been that many made yet but I was shocked at seeing it work.

Hytecredneck

Hytecredneck

'Bout fifty cents/gram, but I'm pretty anal and haven't found anyone who trims the way I like it done.

I hear you Fred, I've got my ways and that's it. Though a little chat while trimming is fine.

hi chef Ramsey,

Break those fucked up waze of thinking?

scrogmmj

Scooby Doo and Shaggy Stoned by HanzSolo
Hytecredneck

Hytecredneck

Wolfgang amadeus mozart
Trim crews blow. You'll never pay them enough to keep them happy and productive for long periods of time. Ultimately, If it's not their bud they don't give a shit. Fire your trim crew and buy a twister trim machine for big jobs spinpro powermatic for medium jobs and spinpro classic for smaller jobs. To hell with the trim pros, and trim reaper, I've seen the results first hand and the spinpro machines do a better job for less.

yes my good Friend,

mr roboto

mr roboto

Here is a dry trimmer I found, it shows the final product at the end

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Ive never done auto trimmers, I can easily trim 32 ozs in 5 hours between 2 people. If I started running twice that I'd consider a trimmer though. It depends on the bud as well, some stuff is easy.. I've had up to 8 hour trims for 32 ozs.

I've also been trimming every week for 4 years though. I pay my co trimmer 20-25 an hour plus whatever sizzor hash accumulates... Never smoked any scissor hash a lot, couple times maybe the next week when it's dry.

Now if it's just some person still learning/doesn't trim all the time I think they are worth a lot less because they aren't pushing their weight. Best method is based on how much weight is trimmed wet would equal what you'd make.

And really I haven't found someone to match me with trimming. Basically my scissors just continually open and close while I go over it... Talk about carpol tunnel :(. I'm sure everyone here uses the spring fischers lol?

Top Bottom