whats the goin rate for trimmers this year?

• Thread starter CBF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBF

CBF

Supporter
what ya all payin your trimmers this year?

are you payin by dry or wet weight?

CBF

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I get into a rhythm when trimming. Once I get going I don't like to be disturbed. Clean and organized. Pay me per lbs I'd kill it.

If I had a bunch of people talking moving all around cuttin up it would make me crazy.

oh yeah. I think a gram an hour or 15-20 an hour depending on location is fair.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
'Bout fifty cents/gram, but I'm pretty anal and haven't found anyone who trims the way I like it done.

I hear you Fred, I've got my ways and that's it. Though a little chat while trimming is fine.

sky high

sky high

Bro....if yer in a jam just holla! Seriously.

A gram an hour would >almost< keep me in smoke for the job... LOL. Ain't no way I'm lookin at piles of dank without a fatty in my mouth...even if I gotta bring it myself!

keeps the talkin down to a minimum too... :pimp:

TortureKill

TortureKill

'Bout fifty cents/gram, but I'm pretty anal and haven't found anyone who trims the way I like it done.

I hear you Fred, I've got my ways and that's it. Though a little chat while trimming is fine.

Im with you seamaiden! I like to do my work myself. Ive had ppl help, but they just dont do it right.. Haha Im a perfectionist and it shows in my work. I put a lot of work into growing, drying, and curing. I wouldnt want just anybody hacking away at my work..

:dance

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This one was the most difficult, it was last year and I seriously needed help with my OD work: Stepson, was out from Guam on leave from the Navy while he's moving his daughter in with us. He kept poking the buds! What's she saying? I'm saying that when he trimmed he would position the scissors so they were poking straight into the buds and then he would cut out perfectly good bud. Drove me up the fucking WALL, I kept showing him how to take leaves only (and the petioles, I don't know why I can't let them go, I just can't unless it's a growers cut) and he would then proceed to point the scissors directly into the buds, jam 'em in and cut.

I told him this year, before he was kicked out of the house, that if he was going to help me trim (because you *know* he asked if he could help cuz stepmomma keeps his bowls full) I told him I'd have to think about it. Shoulda seen his face, "What? Why?" Because, you fucking poke my buds and are ruining perfectly good bud! It's my way or the highway, honey.

I hate being such a hardass about it, but them's my buds and them buds are what pays for future growing.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I do 1 gram per Hour. I have 3 girls who have been trimming with me for over 5 years. And at this point I can walk away and leave them working. I also am very generous with the scissor hash. Also when I process trim they all get a little extra kicK down.
I can't groom focussing on the buds gives me a migrane for a weak. So I really need my groomers.

Illmind

Illmind

20$ an hr. What my peoples all around the world pay. Also the trimming is done off site and supervised. And I wuoldn't ever leave anybody alone with over 20lbs of weight that's just plain stupid, I don't care if you're a born again christian the thought is still gonna enter your mind it's human nature. May not go through with it but if you don't give em the chance it won't happen. Best of luck to ya, if you need a solid crew I may know of one near you. peace.

Illmind

Illmind

Sea nevermind, you got it twisted. But to all those who plan on using flunky potheads as trimmers I suggest you buy a few Wifi cams to install in the room. You'll be suprised at what u see. Also I would move the spot when done to a locale where the trimmers don't know about, in case these potheads get loose lip syndrome. Or pulled over and rousted because they reek of chron and have chron on them fresh off the vine. Just a few tips. Forget I said anything most these cats are already mad busy. They really don't need the work everybody that's anybody already using them. Can't put a price on peace of mind. Enjoy your harvests peeps!!

H

humboldtlocal

I just wanted to drop in and give people an idea of what it is costing me to trim my herb with the Twister. Without the cost of my two machines factored in it is costing me between 40-60 dollars per lb. With the price of my two machines, which I don't count because they paid for themselves last year, it would add another 20 dollars per lb.
I used to pay $250!!!!!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
20 bucks and hour, food and beer. all the scissor hash and at the end we divide up the smaller popcorn bud we didn't use.

it takes us about 3-4 hours per lbs with 4 peeps. depending on how nice the harvest came out. if it has alot of popcorn it could take longer.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I just wanted to drop in and give people an idea of what it is costing me to trim my herb with the Twister. Without the cost of my two machines factored in it is costing me between 40-60 dollars per lb. With the price of my two machines, which I don't count because they paid for themselves last year, it would add another 20 dollars per lb.
I used to pay $250!!!!!

my issues with the twister are:

you end up with weed in todays market that is worth less when it looks like broccoli, you lose way more weed per lb using the trimmer which wouldnt be so bad except that you cant make hash out of the trim.

but then again Im just a med guy and not growing 100's of lbs for the masses, I dont think I could even justify spending that kind of dough.

and yes I do have actual working knowledg of the trimmer

Latest posts

Top Bottom