whats the goin rate for trimmers this year?

• Thread starter CBF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

my issues with the twister are:

you end up with weed in todays market that is worth less when it looks like broccoli, you lose way more weed per lb using the trimmer which wouldnt be so bad except that you cant make hash out of the trim.

Why can't you use the trim for hash? I'm really confused here.

B

Bakedjon

I am one of the tightest people with money I have ever met, but also one of the most generous if that makes sense lol. I go based on the person and then tell anyone if they talk about how much I am paying them they will never have work again in this area if I can help it. Most end up working for 200 a day which is standard as most trimmers cant trim more than 1-2lbs a day nor trim for more than ten hours. This works out great as I can get 100lbs trimmed by less than ten workers in two weeks. That would normally cost me 20,000 dollars to trim. I can get done for less than 16000 for all workers food and I dont allow alcohol on my mountains or in my houses but once and a long while. So avoid the cost of getting ten people drunk everyday. Smoke is always free but if you smoke and your production goes down then you are not allowed to smoke. Everything is run very strictly here. Wont hire people who spend their money on things I dont agree with either. Finding constant good workers is the hardest thing to do in any business I think....

Blaze

Blaze

In the past it was $200 per lb, $20-$25 per hour. This year it will be $150 per lb, or $15-$20 per hour to account for dropping pries and increasing overhead costs. We will also be providing a place for 2-3 people to stay this year though and I usually do plenty of home cooked meals for everyone. Usually run a pretty tight ship with long regular work days, no drinking on the job, all that fun stuff. I'd rather hire a few trusted individuals and get it done properly over a few months that having 10 people rush through it in a few weeks. I'd also agree with motherlode - trim machines are great if you want to crank out a bunch of pot at once and are growing on a scale great than 100-200 lbs but as far as I am concerned they ruin your buds and your trim.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have to agree with that, it's just kinda standard to let people keep what's stuck to their fingers & scissors. I don't agree with the idea of thinking it's alright to tell someone what they can spend their money on just because they're doing a job for you. I'll punish bad behavior directly by firing or not hiring them again if whatever it is they're doing interferes with the work. But beyond that, they did the job I contracted for, and what they do with that money has nothing to do with anything else.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
What do you guys do

With the trimmings from the trimmer. I bet that you could make oil or bho. I am sure you could sell it

mal

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

I used to use a few good friends who all grow. We tried to stagger our grows so that we wouldn't be stuck trimmin everybodys shit at once. Worked for awhile and we would just buy the drinks and lunch each day for everybody. Bud is always free. God damn how much can one person smoke in 8hrs that would really make a difference. I always have whats left from the last run (popcorn nugs) and all the sciossor hash you can smoke.

I'm heading up north to help a friend for free. He pays his people like $200 a day or actually $200 a dry pound which most do in a day. Everybody stays on the hill while they trim except a few locals/partners. Its called lockdown. No booze til night time. Shit i did two trips last yr. about 2 weeks apart and these 2 same homies were still stuck up there. Lucky for a generator or they might have gone nuts. Anyone who thinks its easy hasnt done 100's of pounds or stared at buds for that long. Everyones dream becomes a nightmare. Hell its a good time all around if you let it be though i guess. Plus i'm not paying 20-30k once a yr. either. :-) Happy Trimmin.
Do most of you outdoor people wet trim or hang it first?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Trim/mulch from trim machines makes oil just fine...even better in some cases, because some of the processing is already done for me.....I mulch or powder everything before I do an oil run anyways so it really saves a step.

Tex

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Trim/mulch from trim machines makes oil just fine...even better in some cases, because some of the processing is already done for me.....I mulch or powder everything before I do an oil run anyways so it really saves a step.

Tex

I have to agree. I grind up all my trim when i make oil w/ ISO. Its the only thing that gets me baked now. I dont usually get as golden of oil but that could be from me treating the trim too long w/ the ISO. Probably not worth it on a huge grow unless you got extra time. Like the next 5-6 months before you start up anything again.

H

humboldtlocal

Tex

I have to agree. I grind up all my trim when i make oil w/ ISO. Its the only thing that gets me baked now. I dont usually get as golden of oil but that could be from me treating the trim too long w/ the ISO. Probably not worth it on a huge grow unless you got extra time. Like the next 5-6 months before you start up anything again.

Yep, makes for great BHO and edibles. :character0103:

F

FreshSteppin

nice good to know.... tried to make bubble one with the trimmachine trim and it was straight shit

LBH

LBH

I pay my trimmers with breakfast, lunch, smoke and a pair of hands and fiskars when theirs is ready :D

B

bluemoonrocks

Hey man my name's Johnny. I'd like to come into town and help you trim if that's cool, otherwise I was wondering if you could find me like pounds of trim for sale? i'd buy as much as possible

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK I need to figure out a what to pay my trimmers also. All are expirienced and good trimmers I provide smoke,drinks including some beer and sometimes some snacks or pizza,ect.I expect a good job at trimming and want to pay in dry wieght per LBS done.Prices are down and that should reflect the pay for trimming this year. Cash would be $10-15 per hour depending on quanity and quality of the trim job but want to pay only in product. All trimmers must have a recomendation from a doctor! Crop is God`s Gift,GDP (kin`s cut),MTF,mantis,Blue Cheese,Sour Banana,Sour Kush,Banana OG Kush. Someone give me a ball park of per day amount 8-10 hours medium level work load with a few short brakes now and then. Remember I want to be fair, these people are farm labourers used to low wages mostly! Was thinking an Oz dry weight per day? And bonis at end of harvast.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Trim crews blow. You'll never pay them enough to keep them happy and productive for long periods of time. Ultimately, If it's not their bud they don't give a shit. Fire your trim crew and buy a twister trim machine for big jobs spinpro powermatic for medium jobs and spinpro classic for smaller jobs. To hell with the trim pros, and trim reaper, I've seen the results first hand and the spinpro machines do a better job for less.

fractal

fractal

Mark you should just do 150 a pound, which reflects the lower prices for outdoor bud I don't get factoring in the trimmer's past work. . . You are just a farm laborer when it comes down to it, although your crop is worth more what if that measure was applied to you when you went to sell your crop?

mace

mace

It's 200 a lb around my area. Seems pretty reasonable. Sorry for the growers out there that think just because the market prices for lbs is a tad lower this year that it's okay to drop your labor costs. In all honesty, you're being quiet selfish. Trimming is a shitty job that many really do not want to do. I haven't seen that prices have dropped 25% down to 1500 this year, though i maybe wrong. it's a bit early to tell. Anyway, if you factor it all out.

2000 an lb for you = 200 for the trimmer ( 10% ) or roughly 20 bucks and hr (pretty fair)
1500lb = 150 trimmer = 15 an hr? To trim bud all day? In California ? no thanks!

Top Bottom