What's the idiot's guide to the Lucas Formula?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

I've read the original posts on CW but they all seem to get way too complex with the nutrient profiles.

What's the bottom line, for a euro like me? (i.e. litres not gallons) - I'm in coco so I want to use my GH nutes for coco dripping but don't want cal mag issues.

G

Guano

Dunno if this helps but its the simplest I could find in my notes.

Lothar's recipe for General Hydroponics 3-part nutrient solution designed for interrupted feedings like ebb-n-flow or drip. Values are given in Millilitres per Gallon. (Nice mix of standards, eh?)

You should leach your system between the veg and the flower cycle or your plants may stretch. This is also designed for a 9 week strain so if you have a 7 week strain only go to 5 weeks then leach. Weeks 5-6 and 7 are the same anyways. Weeks 8 and 9 are plain water for clearing.

Veg

Week-----1-----2

Grow----10----12
Bloom----3-----3
Micro----5-----6

Bloom

Week-----1-----2-----3-----4-----5-----6-----7

Grow---2.5-----3-----3-----4-----4-----4-----4
Bloom---10----12----14----16----16----16----16
Micro----6-----6-----7-----8-----8-----8-----8

Ml per Gallon

OR

These mixes work well and are the accepted standard mix recommended for newbies as well as those new to GH Flora series nutes. It is simple to remember: 3-2-1...2-2-2...1-2-3. Listed as (grow-micro-bloom) Always mix the micro into the water first.

**Teaspoons per US gallon (5ml = 1 part)

Vegetative stage: Use 3-2-1 (3 parts grow, 2 parts micro, 1 part bloom)
Early flowering: first 2-3 weeks or until stretching stops: Use 2-2-2 (2 parts each)
Late flowering: Use 1-2-3 (1 part grow, 2 parts micro, 3 parts bloom)

** Dilute final mixture (or adjust part size) to suit your plants nutrient strength (EC/TDS) requirements. GH Flora series is slightly lacking Mg, add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon epsom salts per gallon of final mix. Dissolve the salts in some warm water before adding to your nutrient reservoir.

C

coldnorth

lucas

i have it on my laptop in liters, had a hard time finding it to, i will post it later to night when i get back from work,

think it was 1.6ml micro per liter
2.4 ml bloom per liter

6/9 per galon in coco! half for seedlings and clones in early stages!

F

FastForward

i have it on my laptop in liters, had a hard time finding it to, i will post it later to night when i get back from work,

think it was 1.6ml micro per liter
2.4 ml bloom per liter

6/9 per galon in coco! half for seedlings and clones in early stages!

Thanks CN...if you do find it later on it would rule...thanks dude :)

C

coldnorth

Okej, so lets c, im not 100 % but this is how it goes!

1.6 ml micro per liter aprox 6 ml per gallon
2.4 ml bloom per liter aprox 9 ml per gallon

week 1 plain water veg
week 2 0,8 ml micro , 1,2 ml bloom veg
week 3 1,6 ml micro , 2,4 ml bloom veg
week 4 1,6 ml micro , 2,4 ml bloom end of veg

week 1 1,6 ml micro , 2,4 ml bloom
week 2 1,6 ml micro , 2,4 ml bloom
week 3 1,6 ml micro , 2,4 ml bloom
week 4 2,4 ml bloom 1 ml pk 13-14
week 5 2,4 ml bloom 1 ml pk 13-14
week 6 2,4 ml bloom 1 ml pk 13-14
week 7 plain water
week 8 plain water

use micro until stretch is finished...... i think i recall that you use coco, so that would be for you.. hope it works out!

C

coldnorth

soil would be 2,1 ml micro at full, and 3.7 ml bloom.. every other day plain water!

P

polar3

for 10 litres

10000 / 3785 = 2.642 = thats how many gallons in 10 litres

so then ...

2.642 * 8 = 21.1 mls per 10 litre
and
2.642 * 16 = 42.3 mls per 10 litre

This is to make a 10ltr batch of full strengh lucas btw.... just times by 5 and 10, instead of 8 and 16.. or use 6 and 9

F

FastForward

Nice one....thanks a lot....will print this out (and prolly get it tattooed on my forearm or something). Gonna go lucas with the waterfarm first and see how it goes.

F

FastForward

I've thrown all that info into excel and come up with this - do these numbers look right?

Lucas10l
Lucas25l
F

FastForward

real nice FF gonna print it out right now :)

I can send you the excel spreadsheet if you want it - it's really straightforward, but I'm used to using Canna's calc so this is a cheapo copy for the Lucas formula. Surely it can't be that straightforward??! :)

P

PokerToker

have these figures on your spreadsheet been tried and tested? How well did u get on with them? I have GH micro and Bloom for my drip system in a 25litre res. The difference is that my medium is clay pebbles. Would this make a difference on the ratios?

K

kushhead21

i would print it out but im happy with advanced nutes they work pretty good for me. but let us know the results cus im always looking to better my grow.

Top Bottom