Whats the most amazing thing you have ever done?

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Be interesting to share experiences weve had. One of my most amazing experiences was a visit to Eqypt in the mid 80s. We toured from Aswan Dam on a luxury barge up the River Nile, saw all the ruins, including Valley Of the kings, King tuts tomb, never forget I farted and this german lady got mad. My friend was a genius and studied all about the history and even spoke the language. We ended up in Cairo took a cab to the pyramids, around 5 pm or so.We had a chunck of black rock hard opiated hash the size of a golf ball. 1 hit of the orignal Oswely orange sunshine acid from the 70s, cooler full of beer and ice, which we payed some kid to carry up for us. We bribed several guards and started to climb the great pyramid. Wed get up so far and they would yell Backsheese Backsheese, which was a tip or bribe, they all had there hands out and we carried lots of small currency to pay them off. We got to top and the kid would not leave till we paid him off. We tripped all night under the full moon till sunrise which ill never forget. We were still trippin pretty well when we desended down. Near the bottom I noticed several armed guards with rifles on shoulders milling about. I kind freaked out a little and when I hit the sand ran like hell for a few hundred yards. I realized I left my buddy hanging, composed myself and headed back from where I came. Suddenly I saw my friend with a group of guards whos had him grabbed by the wrists they were yelling and carrying on I thought we were busted. I gave them all my small currency as well as a $20.00 bill I had. All of a sudden they were gone in a blink of an eye and my friend was laughing hystercialy. The guards and him were fucking with me cause I ran off for no reason and left him. The guard s were so impressed with his fluent Arabic, they decided to play this trick and it sure fooled me. What a great memory of some crazy fun times... CM

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Was there for this....

One of the most amazing plays ever in football history.
I was born at Stanford University Hospital, lived nearby.Saw lots of games on the farm including Elways years,he was QB for this game, never missed a Big Game, this was the best!
My friend went to Cal and were were there for this amazing finish
http://youtu.be/BYROBfMPCso

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I was lucky enough to play on stage at the vans warped tour in front of 20,000 people. It wasnt a real big deal and im not a rockstar or anything but it was the biggest shows i ever played and one of the most fun days of my life. I got to hang out with billy idol that day and he was one cool cat.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The same friend in my Egypt story is the same freind with me when we saw this amazing finish to the big game. Despite partying heavly he graduated in 85, incredably smart....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Billy Idol, now theres a classic....

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Got to see Elway play once to..that was awesome.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Back in the day The Stanford fans actually booed Elway at times chanting.. NO WAY ELWAY!!!
I also remember when the Broncos beat Clevland to go to Super Bowl. I was working at United Airlines in Denver when their chartered flight came in. They arrived at the maintaince hanger and I was pretty well smashed from coctails we stole from the planes. I was seen on television greeting the players, cheering, carrying on, was issued a warning for behavior not suitable for employee on duty... Too much Free beer allways got me in trouble...

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Back in the day The Stanford fans actually booed Elway at times chanting.. NO WAY ELWAY!!!
I also remember when the Broncos beat Clevland to go to Super Bowl. I was working at United Airlines in Denver when their chartered flight came in. They arrived at the maintaince hanger and I was pretty well smashed from coctails we stole from the planes. I was seen on television greeting the players, cheering, carrying on, was issued a warning for behavior not suitable for employee on duty... Too much Free beer allways got me in trouble...

Those are the best kind of storys right there.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
When I was 14 I did yard work and had a newspaper route. One day I was raking hedges around an old lady's house. Behind one of the bushes was an old metal milk box like they used to put milk in on your porch. When I opened it up it was filled with stacks of money with paper bands around them.

The lady was like 85 so I went to the house and she started crying. Her husband was a money hider. She would find some now and then but knew there was more. She lived on social security. There was $127,000 in $100 bills. There was 127 packs of bills. All with a paper bank band around them that said $1000.

She ask me not to tell anyone. I said I wouldn't and then she gave me $27,000. I never told anyone. Not even my mom. The first person I ever told was my wife the day we went to start joint bank accounts. I still had 250 of the original 270 hundred dollar bills that the lady gave me in 1969. It was now 1975. They were still in the Lost in Space lunch box I put them in back when I got them. $25,000 was a good start and shocked the hell out of my wife.

I still can't believe that lady handed a 14 year old kid all that money. But then she couldn't believe that I turned the money over to her after I found it. She cried over and over. She was always fixing me snacks after that too. She said I was one in a million and deserved a good reward.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
thanks for sharing that Tobor...great story.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats an awesome story...Tobor, goes to show good things happen to good folks. How you kept quite all thoses years shows your pretty smart. If it were me at 14, I would have gotten into BIG BIG trouble. CM

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

wow tobor what a neat/cool/interesting story,
I have given out all my rep points today so here is a cyber pat on the back just for you:)

BACKPAT.JPG

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The first 2 years I was always scared like I robbed a bank. Plus my dad was killed when I was 12 and I was always worried about what my mom would do. I kept it quiet at first because I was always going to surprise her at I time she really needed it. But she never actually did. My dad had insurance and she had a good state job and never needed money.

Then when I was 16 I was going to keep it to get a cool car when I was 18. Then when I was 18 I met my wife and I figured I would surprise her with it. That is how I managed to keep it. Plus I always did have spending money because of my odd jobs, paper route money and outdoor crops I started growing when I was 18 or so..

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Damn Tobor you have been through some shit.No way could i ever hold on to that kind of money without blowing it.

lollipopman

lollipopman

I worked for a cable company for ten years about 8 years ago out in the county I had a install to do for a old lady while walking around the yard I noticed there was a car under a old car port with a green tarp on top, me I love old cars so had to check it out,, so I took a peek and couldn't believe what it was seeing a almost mint 55 chevy, when I went in the house to ask her about the car, she teard up and told me it was her sons he got it right before the vietnam war and never returned so it's has been there since, I asked would she sell it, of course I will sweetie she said so I said I only had 8k save but it's worth more how about u put it in the local paper for sale and if some one out bids me sell it to them but if not I got 8k,, damn think sold for 27,000

Could have got it for 8 but wouldnt be fare to her cause she needed the money

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Lollipop man you did the right thing. Old people get ripped off all the time.

Another weird thing about my story is that within a few days of me finding that money a kid I hung out with all the time found $19,000 in small bills in a brown paper bag on top of some lockers in school. He turned it over to the teacher, who called the police. I forget how long they kept it but nobody ever claimed it and the police eventually gave it to the kids parents who found it. They bought him a 10 speed bike and banked the rest for him for a rainy day. But when I saw him years later and asked him about it he said his dad used the money up.

But when he found it at school it was in the paper and all over the school people were treating him as a star. He was getting his 15 minutes of fame. I would think "I found 6 times that much. My reward was more than that?". That is when I really wanted to tell people look what I did. But somehow I didn't. I kept quiet and got to keep mine.

Z

Zombee

The most amazing thing I ever did was surviving cancer. I'm coming up on my 25th year in remission! :pimp:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Beating a life threatening illness would top anything. Congrats!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
A Great Experience of Mine

Was going to Outward Bound the summer before my senior year of high school. It is a wilderness survival type of school. For 4 days and nights I was left out in the middle of no where with only a cup, swiss army knife(I found at a camp site), and a piece of plastic for a tent. I didn't eat for those 4 days, got eaten by mosquito's, and learned alot about life in the 33 days I was out in the Boundary Waters (Ely, Minnesota) Once we took a short cut portage thru 4 miles of a dried up stream that looked like a small river on the map. I wasn't looking forward to spending over a month in the boonies before my senior yr. but like I said it was one of the best things I've ever done

mal

Latest posts

Top Bottom