What's The Next Step Up After Canna A/b, Etc?

• Thread starter TeterPosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TeterPosh

I was taught a system by a friend, which is easy as can be, using Canna A/B and the occasional use of Miracle Grow, Super Thrive, and Cal-Mag.

Honestly, it works well, no real complaints, but I suspect there are higher quality nutrients, maybe healthier, more effective, and perhaps less expensive ones.

What's the next logical step, if I want to step up my nutrient game? Looking for better taste, better yield maybe, or just healthier or cheaper.

I'd like to try something else and run some side by side experiments, but there are a million choices it seems.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
straincreation

straincreation

Organic sustainable gardening,till then id stick to what u got, maybe chucking the miracle grow and getting a nice bloom booster. Maybe top dress with some ewc.
happy farmin;)

Also welcome to the farm:)

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Although Canna wouldn't be my first choice.. I'd cut out the MG and just run the entire Canna line including Rhizotonic, Boost, Cannazym & PK13/14. You can take it even further once you master the full line, but would be a good start.

We're rocking both Aptus/Heavy 16 base and the full New Millennium Line, loving both.

T

TeterPosh

Thanks for the feedback.

The Miracle Grow is what seems most in need of a replacement. Another grower friend says it's like feeding your plants McDonald's or other junk food, but it does seem to cause a clear boost in growth when used, and a lack of one when not used, so a healthier and more effective alternative would be better I think. ?

I'll look into everyone's suggestions.

Cheers.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

If you want to run Canna just use their whole line. Don't go mixing and matching until you understand the true composition of the products you're using. This way you don't get any redundancy or overlap. The PK 13/14 and Canna boost are bloom boosters. The PK is super cheap and you WILL see results.

Buy yourself a run of New Millennium nutrients if you're serious about your grow if you want my 2c.

H

happy b

Thanks for the feedback.

The Miracle Grow is what seems most in need of a replacement. Another grower friend says it's like feeding your plants McDonald's or other junk food, but it does seem to cause a clear boost in growth when used, and a lack of one when not used, so a healthier and more effective alternative would be better I think. ?

I'll look into everyone's suggestions.

Cheers.
Its not like feeding your plants junk food more like feeding something made on a radio active hob!(yes im exagerating)but theres some dodgy stuff in there.i used it a few times not long after starting but the buds never tasted as good as they did in good soil like bio bizz or canna.bio bizz also do a good line and its pretty well priced.dont be fooled by all the fancy stuff.i use a simple grow & bloom with a booster some blackstrap and bennies and the difference in yeild flavor EVERYTHING was amazing.dont get me wrong i could have been doin with some cal/mag but it was so late in flower it barely mattered.just keep it as simple as you can.

H

happy b

I feel like a broken record but my only advice is, stop paying for water folks.

Plants have no correlation to brand names. Start thinking NPK ratios and when you finally figure out that 3-1-4 ratio works amazingly well for cannabis then try Jacks Hydro with Cal Nitrate. Get a good Fulvic Acid maybe a Si product and you're done! Have a Cal/Mag bottle just in case you get one of those strains that's Magnesium hungry and your arsenal is complete.

Jacks Hydro/Cal Nit at the 1/.67 ratio is ideal for growing healthy plants without any deficiencies. I take it up to 1.8 EC on some strains and break the 1 GPW virtually every time on my SOG grows.

Its worth looking into especially with all the savings at hand. You could even try some Aptus with all the money you'll save!

Happy growing kiddos :D
Iv heard a few people mention this "jacks" before.what is it?is it for hydro like its name suggests?i thought @TeterPosh was asking about organics but now that i read the posts it doesnt actually say.

H

happy b

Thanks Deveiver.i had noticed a lot of the more experienced growers and bigger commercial growers were using it but i wasnt sure what it was.im thinking of switching to coco.i take it would work with coco no probs also?

seaslug

seaslug

I ran Jack's in 100% coco Blumat drip; it's good with Epsom salt. The MaxiGro and MaxiBloom are working just as well for me.

"The next step up" in my situation would be buying pure salts and doing comparison grows to determine the best formulation for my environment and genetics.

Top Bottom