What's The Oldest In Ground Cannabis Tree?

• Thread starter J.Terrible
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J.Terrible

J.Terrible

So it came my mind, has anyone ever grown Cannabis like Grapes? Or just let the tree stay in the ground year round? I feel like the persecution of the plant has kept this from happening. Perhaps it's the tree of life and we just need a 10yr old tree to produce magical nugs with healing properties we don't even know about yet? I dunno sure it's been asked but I can't find much info on it. It's gotta be possible yea? Like a big ol tree in an orchard ya know?

DoBetterr

DoBetterr

I am by no means an expert in this realm but I believe that is basically impossible because cannabis is not a perennial plant; it is an annual. Cannabis goes through its lifecycle throughout the season and come harvest time, that's it. Short of keeping a mother plant indoor for clones but that would stay in veg anyway so no groundbreaking magic healing buds off that sadly. Once again I am not an expert and absolutely could be wrong here.

chemistry

chemistry

I suppose you could re-veg for ever after flowering and debudding, but only under controlled conditions, as you would have to take the plant from Autumn to Spring, missing out Winter, some one may have done it as a hobby, but if your growing buds, then its a waste of time, as you could grow two set of seeds long before your re-vegged plant gets back into veg mode, a lot of work for nothing really. But then again, there are some mad people around. 😁

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I am by no means an expert in this realm but I believe that is basically impossible because cannabis is not a perennial plant; it is an annual. Cannabis goes through its lifecycle throughout the season and come harvest time, that's it. Short of keeping a mother plant indoor for clones but that would stay in veg anyway so no groundbreaking magic healing buds off that sadly. Once again I am not an expert and absolutely could be wrong here.
Correct, cannabis is a annaul plant. It also tries to repoduce by spitting out male flowers at the end of the season to make seeds for the next yr.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Sounds like a breeding project to me lmao. Some perineal kush would be dope.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Correct, cannabis is a annaul plant. It also tries to repoduce by spitting out male flowers at the end of the season to make seeds for the next yr.
I kept a mother of shiskaberry for almost 15 years I flowered it once regrew it and brought it in when I let the strain go I flowered it a second time outside HOLY SHIT 3 lbs that one plant trimmed dry and Jarred it just takes a minute to get them to re veg you can flower a canabis plant up to 3 times not an auto flower that's a time determined plant gmo. Research it True story

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I kept a mother of shiskaberry for almost 15 years I flowered it once regrew it and brought it in when I let the strain go I flowered it a second time outside HOLY SHIT 3 lbs that one plant trimmed dry and Jarred it just takes a minute to get them to re veg you can flower a canabis plant up to 3 times not an auto flower that's a time determined plant gmo. Research it True story
Plants also seed because of alot of stress or a interrupted lite cycle they call those Hermaphrodite ✌️

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Never got ANY male cluster stress makes them do that and you are right they are annual but if it never get to the end of it's life cycle it will regrow the leaves come out single and all weird but you trim those off as it grows it will regrow reg again it takes awhile that's why it's faster to do clones like I said research it

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Never got ANY male cluster stress makes them do that and you are right they are annual but if it never get to the end of it's life cycle it will regrow the leaves come out single and all weird but you trim those off as it grows it will regrow reg again it takes awhile that's why it's faster to do clones like I said research it
And at harvest leave all the lower stuff on try it you'll see I used to do a grow indoors harvest in early spring and the put all of them outside for the summer and let them finish off all the way out there I try not to bring any outdoors plants inside to many problems I learned the hard wayyyy ✌️

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

And at harvest leave all the lower stuff on try it you'll see I used to do a grow indoors harvest in early spring and the put all of them outside for the summer and let them finish off all the way out there I try not to bring any outdoors plants inside to many problems I learned the hard wayyyy ✌️
They regrew reg after about June and then flowered reg in oct but a long process

mancorn

mancorn

I think the operative verbiage here is “In Ground”, so assume you mean an outdoor plant. I’ve got a buddy who has a number of outdoor right now that started back in October/November (after a pollination mishap cast seeds all over the yard). Then we had a super dry/mild winter and the plants slowly grew and then exploded this spring. I’ve left a plant into December last year (as I was too tired of trimming), but as you’d expect they were brown and I’m sure would have put you to sleep in a couple minutes. So realistically you can do 1.5 years. I’ve overwintered tomatoes (that started in the spring), but can’t say they produced the next season, so maybe you could keep a plant going another season.

Grape plant is still hanging in there!

DEB818FC F6D0 48B3 ABD7 14F450ADD85E

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
The original poster was asking about leaving the plant in the ground outside permanently. Not bringing it back inside to reveg.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Thanks for sharing that. I had always figured if the climate was right it could be done. I have to imagine that it would take a fair amount of work to keep it cleaned up after every bloom cycle and not get any pathogens. One day we’ll be seeing people riding in cherry pickers to harvest! Lmao

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I don’t either it still let me watch it. There was a guy claiming a plant bob marley planted in his compound is still alive after like 50 yrs and he was gonna start a cannabis orchard lol.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I don’t either it still let me watch it. There was a guy claiming a plant bob marley planted in his compound is still alive after like 50 yrs and he was gonna start a cannabis orchard lol.
Yep... That... Less the lol.
The poster was an active member here for awhile... But I believe he's been banned.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Yep... That... Less the lol.
The poster was an active member here for awhile... But I believe he's been banned.
I wasn’t trying to be snarky sorry if I came off that way just the idea of a cannabis orchard gets me tickled

Top Bottom