whats the one thing u wish u had thought of or knew b4 u built your grow area?

• Thread starter vuitton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vuitton

vuitton

whats the one thing u wish u had thought of or knew b4 u built your grow area?

for me it would be how easy it would be to move around.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
What the temps will be when your got all your sodiums blazing, probably number one for me, oh and potential security issues!

G81

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

That everything will not fit together like a glove all the time

P

paperplane

Yeah same here. Dbl the amount of room you think u will need. When I built my room I thought I was going to have all kinds of room. Wrong! I ran out of room so quick. As soon as you put that table in there your room shrinks. But yeah I wish I had more room.

vuitton

vuitton

who would have guest working in insulated box at 80C and 35% humidity wouold be tiring lol

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

i would have not spent so much money, time, effort, on air cooled hoods. i wish i would have bought adjust a wings and more a/c.

Curious as to why you dont like the air cooled hoods. I love them, lowered my temps by 10 degrees.

Mine would be light size. I started out the naive way, thought a 400 hps would be enough light to satisfy me, it wasn't. Now I am using 600's and will probabley move on to 1000's at some point, although I am pretty content with sixes right now.

ftwendy

ftwendy

INSULATE!! JM r15 fits nicely inside stud walls, and cuts down on sound pollution too.

cannabeans

cannabeans

why i dont like air cooled hoods.

i dont like the air cooled hood because...

they are expensive.
they are heavy.
because they are heavy they become heat sinks.
they are bulky.
because they are bulky, they are hard to store away when not in use.
the glass in the hood take away PRECIOUS lumens.
pain in the ass to hook up properly
too much shit overhead, hard to adjust height
added fans means extra noise and electricity and more costs
having to dispense all the hot air is a security issue
they cause "hotspots"
pain in the ass to switch bulbs
hard to clean or sanatize( too many places bugs can hide)
the boxes these come in are huge and by no means discrete( security issue)

these are a few of the problems i have encountered with air cooled hoods. when i was in full production. i was running 28 hoods in five different rooms. i could have saved a ton af time and money by not using air cooled hoods. when you factor all the time, and trips to the hardware store, ( i live over an hour from the nearest hardware store or grow store) it was a total waste.

im sure they are people that will disagree with me..... but these are the factors why i will never run air cooled hood again!

F

FatMarty

Water runoff.

I ran drywall down to the concrete floor and it kept getting wet.
I ended up cutting out 4 or 5 inches high all along base and installing concrete board and ceramic tiles as a base moulding to fix it.

treebark1950

treebark1950

For me,

Pull all carpet out of grow space, and I installed linoleum floors in those rooms because for me they are lighter then pond liners.

Wish I would have done this at the beginning instead of having to move 30 trees outta there!

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Over looking the simple things, like my dang water Ph, oh and read more yes read more.

Tank333

Tank333

For me,

Pull all carpet out of grow space, and I installed linoleum floors in those rooms because for me they are lighter then pond liners.

Wish I would have done this at the beginning instead of having to move 30 trees outta there!

I recently had the same problem. Got ahead of myself and set everything up, only to realize I was eventually going to run into a LOT of issues with just carpet under my pots. Had to pull almost everything out of the room (24 4-gal pots and the mother), and run a 6mil sheet of plastic across the floor. Then set it all back up again!! I'll tell you what, next time I'm setting up this flo-n-gro, it'll be a breeze!! Lol

Top Bottom