What's the point in advanced nutrients big bud?

• Thread starter StealthLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StealthLED

StealthLED

Been using AN grow/bloom & big bud for a good few years now never done a comparison with and without big bud so can't really say if it does actually do anything. Now I'm far from a nutrients expert but just been reading the labels and my AN bloom has 4% phosphate and 8% potash. The big bud has 1% phosphate and 3% potash. So instead of buying a 5l of big bud can't you just add a little more bloom to make up the numbers for not using big bud? I can see bid bud also contains amino acid and wft whey protein!? Do these really make any difference in quality, taste or yield?

Like I said I'm not a nutrients expert I switched over to using AN and big bud when I switch to hydro a few years ago because I read their stuff is made for it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anthem

Anthem

Been using AN grow/bloom & big bud for a good few years now never done a comparison with and without big bud so can't really say if it does actually do anything. Now I'm far from a nutrients expert but just been reading the labels and my AN bloom has 4% phosphate and 8% potash. The big bud has 1% phosphate and 3% potash. So instead of buying a 5l of big bud can't you just add a little more bloom to make up the numbers for not using big bud? I can see bid bud also contains amino acid and wft whey protein!? Do these really make any difference in quality, taste or yield?

Like I said I'm not a nutrients expert I switched over to using AN and big bud when I switch to hydro a few years ago because I read their stuff is made for it 🤷🏻‍♂️
You bring up a really good point. The nutrient companies only have to list the NPK values in the bottle. It is kind of like that androsterone that was a hit in like 1999. It was not a hormone so it was legal to use. Basically they can put this kind of stuff in the bottle and not publish it on the label. To answer your question, is it the same yes and no. But more no.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think it probably has other stuff in it like Chitosan and Tiacontanol, hormones, aminos etc.. They dont have to label everything in it.

There are few boosters out there that arent dependant on P or K for the boost. Canna boost is one, GP Massive is another, and I think big bud is a similar product.

Is it needed, of course not. Do some of them work? In my experience some of them do.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The answer in my opinion is profit for advanced nutrients.
Advanced has to be the most shamelessly over marketed, overpriced hype nute line going. It's true that you can cut out like 80% or more from any particular nutrient lineup. Especially these days now that a lot more knowledge is going around. I'm sure there is still a huge pool of unknowing growers lapping it up but it's becoming harder and harder to get smarter growers to buy into the bottle madness.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Advanced has to be the most shamelessly over marketed, overpriced hype nute line going. It's true that you can cut out like 80% or more from any particular nutrient lineup. Especially these days now that a lot more knowledge is going around. I'm sure there is still a huge pool of unknowing growers lapping it up but it's becoming harder and harder to get smarter growers to buy into the bottle madness.

They did invent cannabis specific marketing.

Many you tube and instagram grows have nutrient and light company banners these days. And now company sales reps on discussion forums.

Anthem

Anthem

I will say this for Advanced. Their Overdrive works really well.

Anthem

Anthem

Dirtbag,
Does that water you have contain any PGR? Did they really serve that stuff to people?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dirtbag,
Does that water you have contain any PGR? Did they really serve that stuff to people?
The lakewater? No it does not contain PGRs of any kind. It's just water, with a color from the humates in the lake.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Good to know. How in the heck did you figure that one out by the way?

The lake has a golf club beside it, and I'm the grounds superintendent at the club. We use the lakewater for our irrigation system and have it tested extensively at a lab twice a year.

R

redshift75

And now company sales reps on discussion forums.
or sales reps for companies that market on forums and do giveaways for 4/20 and magically disappear the day before the giveaway.

Which is one thing to remove em from the forum. But then you see their ad's everyday and are like whats the point. Its kind of ironic. Not welcome on the forum/still advertises them on the forum. But forums are odd places and so are sponsors. Whatever keeps the lights on i say.... except some companies a case could be made for letting their lights be turned off ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom