Whats the PROS & CONS of using CAL/MAG?

• Thread starter BlowCrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlowCrack

Hey all, I keep hearing about the use of cal/mag...I also see it in every grow store....the person that showed me the life didnt ever use this....he will argue with a sign board plus he doesnt trust the internet....Im far more advanced then he is I just need some better info.....thanks in advance Fam:help:

R

ReelBusy1

pros: Healthy plants without nutrient deficiency in mid flowering.
cons: sick plants that die before harvest from not using it.

Some brands of nutrients (Fox Farms) cause the def. to happen more than others.
What line are you using?

B

BlowCrack

pros: Healthy plants without nutrient deficiency in mid flowering.
cons: sick plants that die before harvest from not using it.

Some brands of nutrients (Fox Farms) cause the def. to happen more than others.
What line are you using?

Im using all fox farm grow big, tiger bloom, beastie bloomz and cha-ching,open sesame,

Is that ok to get 200% results from my ladies?

R

ReelBusy1

I was a big FF user and switched because of the cal-mag issue

grab some cal-mag and start using it 5ml per gallon every feeding once you flip the switch to 12/12.

for $20 you will be safe not sorry then you avoid any potential problems which is the real goal.

if you get ANY type of nutrient def.s it stresses and hurts the plants which diminishes harvest so you always want to be ahead of the game y'know?

everything else u got sounds good for all your bud boosters etc.

What strains are you growing?
That's where your yield question really matters.
Usually, with certain pheno exceptions, if a strain is genetically a small yield-er nothing you do (except crossbreeding for yield) will grow super duper sized buds from that strain.
:bong-hits:

B

BlowCrack

Im running a MK-Ultra only at the moment.....just won auctions for some blue sonya....im thinking of grabbing the bubba kush pre 98 s1 whats good wit those?

B

BlowCrack

Pre 98 bubba are happy in almost any environment and with any nutes. Heartiest plant I have grown..

what about the strength? up here in the north we are stuck on the stronger the better ( og kush).

the real stuff sells for atleast 575 the mid 450 the most for the cheerio

L

Lost

what about the strength? up here in the north we are stuck on the stronger the better ( og kush).

the real stuff sells for atleast 575 the mid 450 the most for the cheerio

Its strong, depends on the grower I guess. I agree that some of the OG's are damn strong. I picked up some OGRE from club last week and damn.. When my Larry OG and Abusive OG finish i'll have to do my own cannibis cup one afternoon and decide a victor, lol.

:bong-hits::party0045:

B

BlowCrack

that's real....i just hope I get my hands on some killer genes....high time def not tha place

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah fox farm nutes are lacking calcium. none of their products have it. So i use botanicare cal/mag with my fox farm line up. i called the number on the bottle and the dude said there is not enough in there to be put on the label.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
CAL MAG is good stuff use it...I like to use 150 to 200 ppm in veg..

G

greenenergy

pros: essential for plant vitality, will keep deficiencies at bay used occasionally

cons: too much and order of mixing can cause lockout, adding calmag to untreated tap water which already contains high levels of calmag may cause issues with lockout and high ppm

true grit

true grit

Yeah fox farm nutes are lacking calcium. none of their products have it. So i use botanicare cal/mag with my fox farm line up. i called the number on the bottle and the dude said there is not enough in there to be put on the label.

Yeah I'm up to 10ml/gal and my SFV OG lady is still curling on the edges a bit- FF may be lacking but this one really is a hog. Tried the same feed on the other plants and they did not necessarily like that as much- lil too much lol.

R

ReelBusy1

Yeah I'm up to 10ml/gal and my SFV OG lady is still curling on the edges a bit- FF may be lacking but this one really is a hog. Tried the same feed on the other plants and they did not necessarily like that as much- lil too much lol.

yeah strains are funny like that.
My Chemdog D is eating nitrogen and Cal Mag like little kids eat candy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom