What's This????

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I don't have a microcamera but: The green crack is 6 weeks into flower. On a couple of buds at the top is a shiny green pod like thing without a pistil amidst the female pods with pistils. I'm thinking its a male seed pod. Do I pinch it out or harvest the entire bud?

dorjewright

dorjewright

I'm trying to borrow a macro camera lens. Its a half football shaped dome (I can see only the top half) in the top cluster of flowers all trichrome laden but itself is smooth and shiny with a tiny dark spot in the center probably where the pistils were. About half the pistils on the bud are brown the other half white but curling. And then this one?

So chopped a small bud and have it under a microscope. This one has 1 pistil coming out of that center spot. So the tiny dot on the others is probably where the pistil has receded. Thinking maybe I shouldn't panic

jagle

jagle

is it the empty seed calayx?

http://www.invalid.com/newbie-central/37347-calyx-development.html
good pic in first post there

dorjewright

dorjewright

Thanks Jagle; Doesn't look like what I see. I have 4" almost ready to harvest colas and the thing is on the top nestled within the calyxes (flowers) without any trichomes on it but with a single pistil sticking out of the top.

jagle

jagle

is it a banana, or a hermi'ed plant

scroll down to the bottom lots of pics of hermi's

dorjewright

dorjewright

yep that's what it looks like. The top left picture. Seems to be only 1 on each cola. Except my colas are almost ready to harvest (48 days). Heavily loaded with trichomes and most pistils are brownish. But I can't upload the pic. Wonder what's up?
So the question now is should I harvest early, now or can I wait it out a little longer? Do I stand chance that there will be a pollen release?

What's a banana?

Top Bottom