Whats up, from Missouri!

• Thread starter MDK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MDK

MDK

Welcome!! I'm also a newb to the site & growing in general. Fellow Missourian here, kinda in the same boat, just got tired of paying soo much. I'm guessing since you said your between the Missouri & Mississippi that you must be from the StL area?
Yes scotty how about yourself?

MDK

MDK

@MDK and @Scotty420
Welcome to the farm! I am also a fellow Missourian. One of our mods here @Moe.Red is also a Missourian. Look out, the show me state is growing! 🥰
Wow! CannaGranny is from MO? I must say your legend proceeds you! I'm actually following shadeds gaia tips that he gave you some credit for helping him develop. Tickled to hear that!

MDK

MDK

What's up moe!

I have noticed alot of the street smoke has stepped up in quality. My guy has had good stuff consistently now never a lame batch. Hopefully it makes it hard for people to push the crap that used to get sent out here....now anything coming in needs to be of some standard.

I'm surprised missouri got it right as far as recreational growing. I told it to the norml reps at mizzou a decade ago that if we didn't do like Colorado we'd be idiots. Then illinois botched their ability to grow and I figured our law would end up mirroring theirs. Thankful it doesn't.

Just got set up doing a test run with all my stuff didn't spend any crazy money on genetics. Got a tangerine dream auto I bought a pack of from beaver seed. All the rest I'm running are photoperiod bag seed at the moment.

So I got:
Tangerine dream auto

Photo:
Kashmir kush
Face on fire
Alien Og
Ice
Yakuza (Tokyo Og)

Hoping one of the photos has a tasty pheno to keep around for a while

What yall working on?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What's up moe!

I have noticed alot of the street smoke has stepped up in quality. My guy has had good stuff consistently now never a lame batch. Hopefully it makes it hard for people to push the crap that used to get sent out here....now anything coming in needs to be of some standard.

I'm surprised missouri got it right as far as recreational growing. I told it to the norml reps at mizzou a decade ago that if we didn't do like Colorado we'd be idiots. Then illinois botched their ability to grow and I figured our law would end up mirroring theirs. Thankful it doesn't.

Just got set up doing a test run with all my stuff didn't spend any crazy money on genetics. Got a tangerine dream auto I bought a pack of from beaver seed. All the rest I'm running are photoperiod bag seed at the moment.

So I got:
Tangerine dream auto

Photo:
Kashmir kush
Face on fire
Alien Og
Ice
Yakuza (Tokyo Og)

Hoping one of the photos has a tasty pheno to keep around for a while

What yall working on?
Never tried street smoke but I’ll take your word for it.

When you say mo got it right on growing what do you mean? We still have to maintain the med license.

I got a RDWC I just put seedlings in and I’m rebuilding a special fogponics system I’ll be growing in that again soon. Slated for dragons flame Mac dragon photo fems.

Reactions: MDK
MDK

MDK

When you say mo got it right on growing what do you mean? We still have to maintain the med license.

I got a RDWC I just put seedlings in and I’m rebuilding a special fogponics system I’ll be growing in that again soon. Slated for dragons flame Mac dragon photo fems.
Just as far as there being a pathway to recreational growing.

Not a fan of laws or licenses, they never really stopped me before, just stopped me from posting online lol

I see Mac crosses are very popular, had it once and it was of lesser quality...they grow it at a friend's work...anxious to try that strain in quality form

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Just as far as there being a pathway to recreational growing.

Not a fan of laws or licenses, they never really stopped me before, just stopped me from posting online lol
i loved the AZ growing laws

6 plants for adults over 21 - end of story. Illinois is the same way technically you're supposed to be a med patient that can have up to 4

pretty annoying sometimes. but i totally get the "hey at least we're going in the right direction" argument though.

sambapati

sambapati

I'm new around here and from Missouri as well. Just North of the KC metro area. My Buddy owns a local grow shop, so I'm in there like swimwear all the time.
Jimmy Oh Jimmy Mac, when are you coming back? Never heard 'in there like swimwear' -- must be a Miszoo code word. Just to add my 2cents -- biochar isn't hard to make and it has tons of nooks and crannies for beneficial microbes to get comfortable. The Original Organic Soil mix book has tons of information on what should and shouldn't go into soil. They add 1 cup of rice to theirs, I use burnt rice husks too,

MDK

MDK

6 plants for adults over 21 - end of story. Illinois is the same way technically you're supposed to be a med patient that can have up to 4

pretty annoying sometimes. but i totally get the "hey at least we're going in the right direction" argument though.
Illinois allows recreational growing? I was pretty sure it was med only lived there temporarily during 2019 flooding...when it passed I thought I read medical home grow only

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Illinois allows recreational growing? I was pretty sure it was med only lived there temporarily during 2019 flooding...when it passed I thought I read medical home grow only
yep gotta be a med patient and you can grow personal

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey Moe!
With us having gone full open legal, anyone with a permit from the state can cultivate. It’s beneficial if you have the med license in other ways. We don’t pay that higher tax, it covers you in most employment situations and stops the right that LE currently have to do a knock and search and seizure. It also seriously raises the amount one can have on hand.
Ohhhh dragon’s flame, I’m currently waiting on some beans from him. Excited to see what you grow! 🥰

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Wow! CannaGranny is from MO? I must say your legend proceeds you! I'm actually following shadeds gaia tips that he gave you some credit for helping him develop. Tickled to hear that!
Hey ya making me blush over here! @Shaded_One is an excellent one to follow, but I can take no credit for his method. Currently he and I are starting new runs and conferring weekly. Don’t tell him I told ya, but he is turning out to be one hell of a scrogger! That’s my contribution to his grow🙂

MDK

MDK

yep gotta be a med patient and you can grow personal
It's something atleast just not ideal for me, my opinion legalization really needs to allow for anyone (over 18) with no fees to be able to grow.

And it needs to make weed cheap like liquor...50 for an ounce should be the price or somewhere in that range.

MDK

MDK

Hey ya making me blush over here! @Shaded_One is an excellent one to follow, but I can take no credit for his method. Currently he and I are starting new runs and conferring weekly. Don’t tell him I told ya, but he is turning out to be one hell of a scrogger! That’s my contribution to his grow🙂
I think he was just tagging some tutorials you had to go along with his gaia method....but yea I hadn't considered the med card but some of the reasons you mentioned...I'll have to look into it more now

Edit yea...it was the Scrog tutorial

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

It's something atleast just not ideal for me, my opinion legalization really needs to allow for anyone (over 18) with no fees to be able to grow.

And it needs to make weed cheap like liquor...50 for an ounce should be the price or somewhere in that range.
I agree on your terms of legalization but we all know the State is going to get their part. As for me, it’s 75.00 every three years and well worth it to keep the police out of my yard.
I expect to see prices eventually drop. One of my fav part’s of the new law is being able to legally gift anyone three ounces.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Missouri law allows for 18 plants in three different stages. Six in veg, six in bloom and six clones under 14”.
As someone that has spent many years being terrified at the sound of a helicopter, I’ll just spend my 75.00 and move along quietly 🥰

Scotty420

Scotty420

Also med card prevents your employer from being able to random drug test you for marijuana. If they have reason to believe you're high at work they can still fire you. But otherwise they can't fire you over a failed drug test. Also if you have kids DFS can't take your kids for anything cannabis related. My wife's going to get her med card now after we went rec for all these reasons

MDK

MDK

That is cool, I had seen an article that confused me on the recreational growing and sharing rules...the article made it seem like I couldn't share it with my wife which I thought was pretty stupid (maybe just wrong all together)

Lots of bad info out there and confusion...that's the hardest part of it all knowing what to trust and what is fake news

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

That is cool, I had seen an article that confused me on the recreational growing and sharing rules...the article made it seem like I couldn't share it with my wife which I thought was pretty stupid (maybe just wrong all together)

Lots of bad info out there and confusion...that's the hardest part of it all knowing what to trust and what is fake news
Under the old med laws it was illegal to share with anybody. Under the new rec laws it’s not. Are you familiar with Missouri’s cannabis magazine Evolution? It’s an excellent source on the laws etc.
I got their first center page spread on Women in the Canna business. This has allowed me some excellent contact with all kinds of canna businesses.
This is my story 🙂
CEB5631C BDDE 4E90 A945 EAB9524D971C

Latest posts

Top Bottom