What's up! My name is Trevor and I <3 Cannabis!

• Thread starter Trevica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trevica

Hello, my name is Trevor, I'm 25 years old and I work at the Evaluation Center for Medical Marijuana on Venice Beach, many of you may have met me in person already. I am a HUGE proponent of Cannabis in general and the more you read into this beautiful plant and how it parallels humanity the more you fall in love with it. I do not have any physical experiance with growing YET, however I am on the threshold of setting up my first grow. I have been doing loads of research both with books and via the internet and believe I am ready to put all of the information collected into practice. As far as setup goes I would like to grow using a GL 290 - 9'6" x 9'6" x 6'7" or GL 145L - 9'6" x 4'9" x 6'7" using 1000w Hortilux HPS x2 or x4 depending on which tent I decide. I will probably have another tent for veg/mothers under MH as well as a rooting/cloning area with CFL's. I am not sure if I want to do a hydro system or a soil system yet, however I do know I want to grow organic. Another thing I am hazy on is a proper nutrient regimen for the strains I wish to grow(SFV,Raskel's OG). Soon all of those things will answer themselves, I just hope not to hit too many speed bumps along the way.

I have already been navigating through the site quite a bit and I am absolutely in love with it. I love the vibe and everyone seems so friendly and helpful. I am hoping that I can contribute some of those same vibes to this wonderful community.

-Trevor

Use Cannabis and live longer.

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Trevor you seem very kind and down to earth...I am pleased to meet you.
Cheers to breakin your "cultivating" cherry and many good vibes your way!

R

Radio_Dread

welcome to the site yo. for your first run i would go with soil if you want 100% organic. i say this just cause organics can get tricky in hydro for a first tymer ya know. but either way you go i wish you the best.

RD

T

Trevica

welcome to the site yo. for your first run i would go with soil if you want 100% organic. i say this just cause organics can get tricky in hydro for a first tymer ya know. but either way you go i wish you the best.

RD

Yeah I was thinking soil from the get go, however with the size and logistics of the grow I was thinking that a hydro or hybrid(two buckets). It would really help if I could find a mentor-type person who is familiar with large indoor grows and having experience in grow set-up/cultivation with Cali Connection Seed(as this is what I plan to grow). Even with all the research in the world, you cannot beat experience.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

R

Radio_Dread

this site is kinda like a mentor-type person haha. and there are many here that have alot of experience with huge indoor and out door grow ops. just poke around alil and you will find all you need here

T

Trevica

this site is kinda like a mentor-type person haha. and there are many here that have alot of experience with huge indoor and out door grow ops. just poke around alil and you will find all you need here

If I could find someone to be a mentor in the physical plane that would be great, kinda hard over the forums. But until then, research! research! research!!!

JH420

JH420

If I could find someone to be a mentor in the physical plane that would be great, kinda hard over the forums. But until then, research! research! research!!!

Nah better off getting anonymous online mentoring bro...all the info you need can be found here. Sounds like you're on the right track with the research...my advice is to start with the 2 light flower room then later add a 2nd 2 light tent...flip flop style. If you start with 4k you might find yourself overwhelmed at times with the workload and cooling issues. Also first grow I recommend a soiless mix like promix and save the organics for when you have a little more experience...keep it simple, stay on top of everything and you'll do great. Oh and welcome to da farm:free-character-smil

T

Trevica

Nah better off getting anonymous online mentoring bro...all the info you need can be found here. Sounds like you're on the right track with the research...my advice is to start with the 2 light flower room then later add a 2nd 2 light tent...flip flop style. If you start with 4k you might find yourself overwhelmed at times with the workload and cooling issues. Also first grow I recommend a soiless mix like promix and save the organics for when you have a little more experience...keep it simple, stay on top of everything and you'll do great. Oh and welcome to da farm:free-character-smil

Thank you, I was thinking of doing soil-less mix while still doing organic nutrients. a big concern for me is wiring up the grow and having it done safe and professionally.

JH420

JH420

Thank you, I was thinking of doing soil-less mix while still doing organic nutrients. a big concern for me is wiring up the grow and having it done safe and professionally.

Do you have a stove 240v stove or dryer plug/circuit that isn't being used??

T

Trevica

Do you have a stove 240v stove or dryer plug/circuit that isn't being used??

I am not sure about the 240v due to the location still not being set. It is either going to be in a garage, guest bedroom, or in a back yard(constructing a framed building). I should be finding out more information of the site today.

Top Bottom