What's up ninjas? New to the forum

• Thread starter Mathimus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mathimus

Mathimus

Finally mustered the courage to join. Have a few years experience so looking to delve into some of the scinse and finer techmology. Took a bit of a break, ditched the tent and working on redoing the old space and building a 6x12 flower room. Also a complete illiterate to LEDs so trying to figure which direction to go with the million that are out there. Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to sharing my progress and getting user insight and tips. I'll be running rdwc. Hopefully, I am not alone 😆. Here is a pic of what's left of one of the older dwc girls. Its been drying 2 years so lost a lot of its girth. I kept it as a trophy and memento. It ate the rockwool cube.

Whats up ninjas new to the forum
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Finally mustered the courage to join. Have a few years experience so looking to delve into some of the scinse and finer techmology. Took a bit of a break, ditched the tent and working on redoing the old space and building a 6x12 flower room. Also a complete illiterate to LEDs so trying to figure which direction to go with the million that are out there. Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to sharing my progress and getting user insight and tips. I'll be running rdwc. Hopefully, I am not alone 😆. Here is a pic of what's left of one of the older dwc girls. Its been drying 2 years so lost a lot of its girth. I kept it as a trophy and memento. It ate the rockwool cube.

Welcome! That was an indoor plant? Its huge!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It was. Grown with a digilux 1000.

Nice work! Most outdoor plants i see dont get that stout. I have to be content with short bushes with the low ceilings in my old converted lake cabin. My grow is below linked in my sig. I run Hortilux 600’s and in winter an added 315 cmh.

Mathimus

Mathimus

Nice work! Most outdoor plants i see dont get that stout. I have to be content with short bushes with the low ceilings in my old converted lake cabin. My grow is below linked in my sig. I run Hortilux 600’s and in winter an added 315 cmh.
Thanks. I will look at your setup. I've seen a lot of your stuff when I was just lurking here. My ceilings that I'm working with are only about 74" and my plant sites are about 24" so only 50" of vertical grow space. Well, minus the depth of the hoods which was about 6" and (trying to) keep them at least 15" off the canopy, so only about 30" of vertical grow space with each plant. It's hard to do when growing 2 huge plants in a 4x9 area, which is why I'm moving away from the tent and increasing my horizontal area. I really love HID lights. But the energy cost is too much for me and the gimmicky feeling of LEDs is starting to wear off. I just know nothing about them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks. I will look at your setup. I've seen a lot of your stuff when I was just lurking here. My ceilings that I'm working with are only about 74" and my plant sites are about 24" so only 50" of vertical grow space. Well, minus the depth of the hoods which was about 6" and (trying to) keep them at least 15" off the canopy, so only about 30" of vertical grow space with each plant. It's hard to do when growing 2 huge plants in a 4x9 area, which is why I'm moving away from the tent and increasing my horizontal area. I really love HID lights. But the energy cost is too much for me and the gimmicky feeling of LEDs is starting to wear off. I just know nothing about them.

30” is my max height over the pot too. But i want tons of variety. I harvest up to 4 plants a month all different strains/crosses.

Mathimus

Mathimus

30” is my max height over the pot too. But i want tons of variety. I harvest up to 4 plants a month all different strains/crosses.
That's ideal. I usually had 1 or 2 in 3 gallon smart pots underneath it all but of course they got only enough light to put out maybe a zip between the 2. I'm debating splitting the room in to 2 6x6 areas so I can stagger harvests and not have such a huge lot to deal with at once. I doubt I will tho. Too much maintenance for me.

Seraphine

Seraphine

That’s impressive for indoor! do you remember how long that vegged for?

Mathimus

Mathimus

Its amazing how much faster hydro is than potting soil. It i always wonder if the plants are better?
It is definitely debatable. I'm not so biased as to not admit flowers grown organically are better at a baseline. And the tests are there to prove it. As time and tech has progressed, I think the gap is closing. I was lucky enough to have a friend growing all the same strains as me organically. We would exchange mothers and clones. Then we would have friends to do a blind taste test as a friendly challenge. It was always mixed reviews. But there's also many more variables than growing mediums to account for. How much do environmental conditions fluctuate in each setting, were they stressed at all, how big are the plants etc? Some things he won on, others I. In my old setup we both ran an LA cheese at the same time. It was in the coldest part of the winter at peak flower. My heat source was a small space heater, as even 2 1k watt HIDs with the hyper fan turned down didn't even heat the tent enough to make a dent. At the coldest, it would be in the low to mid 40s at lights off and average 60 with lights on. He didn't have that problem as he had a better hvac situation. Mine purpled out like some kind of alien mars plant. The more it purpled, the more it literally smelled like grape cheese. He had very little purple or different taste other than cheese. I won that one hands down. It was a low yielder, but the nicest smoke I ever did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom