Whats up with the white ?

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

So I have been waiting for a clone of the white forever. I finally get it I grew a tester it seemed decent so I threw a few in the U.C. They all got big and look beautiful huge resin production if I saw it in a bag I would pick it first every time. I'll put some pictures up tonight.

Well my problem is last harvest when I made hash it tasted like shit so I threw it away. I thought maybe it was a spray pm wash or triple action neem it kinda tasted like a nasty burnt wood or plastic. So I didn't use any spray on these plants and they still smell and taste like SHIT!!! Its repulsive to me never had this before. All the mixes I have of the white are excellent white master kush and white urkle both fire and taste great. I discontinued the plant but the damage is done.

Anyone else run into this with this strain or did I just buy a bad cut ?

true grit

true grit

Cut is somewhat mild in overall smell/flavor, but has a heavy kushy/hashy taste to me. Just plain ol kushy with strong smoke and great bag appeal. I most def think the white hybrids improved on smell/taste tho.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

I've never had The White, but I've heard it's similar to Abusive's OG. If that's the case, I'm with TG. Abusive's doesn't really have that nostril-invading funk to it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have made hash out of the white and it tastes better then the buds too - kinda like anytime you make hash

the white doesnt have a major taste profile - but doesnt taste or smell like shit either

first time you grew it out? how does the bud taste?

pix would be great

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I have made hash out of the white and it tastes better then the buds too - kinda like anytime you make hash

the white doesnt have a major taste profile - but doesnt taste or smell like shit either

first time you grew it out? how does the bud taste?

pix would be great

I grew a tester and it didn't taste horrible. The hash I made from it did. I haven't gotten to smoke any of the new one its still drying but it smells the same. Some people might not think its so bad but for my taste its repulsive hope it taste better than it smells.

Grown in a uc with sensi an,big bud,overdrive and zone and flushed for almost 2 weeks with just plain water.
Here are some pics of it it had some pm but I was afraid to spray it and possibly making the taste worse.

DSCN3014.JPG

DSCN30081.JPG

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ahh bro I bet your tasting the pm

I have seen it so bad once (not saying yours was this bad) that I could smell (mold) it in the room when the guy opened the door

so I could totally see it making taske like funk

super crazy chunkers - how she yield in the UC?

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

ahh bro I bet your tasting the pm

I have seen it so bad once (not saying yours was this bad) that I could smell (mold) it in the room when the guy opened the door

so I could totally see it making taske like funk

super crazy chunkers - how she yield in the UC?

To be honest I have never had P.M. At the time of harvest so I don't know how bad it makes bud taste but it wasn't on buds only on a few leafs. I threw away any bud that had pm on it it was only on the undergrowth. I thought the spray(pm wash) was making it taste like that or it would have been pm free. The bud actually has the smell I don't like wet burning wood smell kinda like when you put a blunt out and re light it the next day. The plants yielded great all things considered. The one in the picture should be at least 8 the buds are heavy and dense. The white averaged 6- 8 z's they went into flower the smallest plants and in the end yielded the most.

BTW. I had pm in my yard the weeds in my drive way by my hose outlet and in my vegetable garden. I am not surprised to see some on my plants must of been a huge bloom this year in Co.

BudPatch

BudPatch

I've grown some of Bodhi's crosses with The White, and the phenos leaning towards that mom all have a nice tart hashy taste. Thick and good. I would run your girl again and see if you can get her done without the wash.

wow PM on your yard? I've never seen that, I thought it was way too dry here for that kind of activity!
BP

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I've grown some of Bodhi's crosses with The White, and the phenos leaning towards that mom all have a nice tart hashy taste. Thick and good. I would run your girl again and see if you can get her done without the wash.

wow PM on your yard? I've never seen that, I thought it was way too dry here for that kind of activity!
BP

That was our last 4 whites we ran I would love to run it again. Just need to find a different cut first.

I was told this has been an extra wet year this year it rained for days a few times. Its all perishing on its own as the humidity has drops..

eyecandi

eyecandi

kinda funny .... I said the same thing about Red Diesel (the odor being so offensive to my nostrils, i didn't like working around her) and was laughed at "how can you NOT like her...."

BudPatch

BudPatch

That was our last 4 whites we ran I would love to run it again. Just need to find a different cut first.

I was told this has been an extra wet year this year it rained for days a few times. Its all perishing on its own as the humidity has drops..

Should be pretty easy to find some good crosses in seed now that quite a few people have the cut. You're right, it was a moist summer...

kinda funny .... I said the same thing about Red Diesel (the odor being so offensive to my nostrils, i didn't like working around her) and was laughed at "how can you NOT like her...."

It deserves more study how certain terpene combos affect certain individuals medically. I grew Lemon Skunk a few years ago and had a pheno that was so sour citrus it was almost like pure lemons. Most raved about it, but I really didn't like to smoke it, just too much citrus for my taste.
BP

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I hope me and my friend who grew it are the only people that don't like it. I think anyone who smokes it will probably think its a spray or chemical on the bud. But it just smells bad IMO.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

looks like its blown out with chem ferts....not something I would smoke...imvho.

M

Mr Dank

i've never smoked hydro White, but the key to having tasty White is to feed her low, flush her hard, and chop her before day 60. After 60, she loses a LOT of flavor. I grew her in dirt for years and she was hit/miss more so than probably any other strain as far as smell/flavor go. But, every single time she was very potent

C

COb

Love the white. Probably one of my favorites of all time. I've experimented with the flower times, and I find her much better (in my environment) taken at day 63 as opposed to 56ish. I really like the hashy/kushy/rank flavor, but everyone's different. Gotta agree with DWT, that pic looks pretty blown out.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

So I had someone taste the white and they said it taste fine.
I guess its just the smell I don't like.
We had other plants in the uc as well some Jedi Death Star, White master Kush and Moby Dick they all came out perfect.
It was never over 600 ppm and I stopped feeding them a week before we took it (fresh water flush).
It took a week to trim all the plants and we did the White last it ran 74 days at least.
I have never heard the term Blown Out.
What does it mean ?
So by process of elimination I would say the PM Wash mush have made it taste like it did last time. We must have sprayed to close to harvest.
Does anyone know how bad Pm Wash would make it taste ?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Blown Out just means you blew it up with chem ferts. See how all your leaves are burned and clawed? That indicates you pumped your plants full of fertilizer. Very hard if not impossible to flush the chemical taste out of the flowers especially for people who are sensitive to it. Not hatin, just sayin.

Illmind

Illmind

im with motherlode the hash is waaaay flavy then buds. id def consider it nostril invading funk, only prob is it gets real hashy towards end of bowl. stufff is strong n the hash melts my face off and collapses a lung. super chunky white nugs piney floral hashy taste i get b4 cure weird thing is i gave a friend a tester to dry n 3 days later still wet he smokes it with me not knowing n it was even tastier then it was dried correctly. made no sense to me. its not a sour d flav or og but it has other good qualities imo. also ppl have told me the leaves were getting pm pretty bad but that was od. good luck with her im sure theres a way to get the flavor to pop more if ur into that me not so much i appreciate all dank but beasters n under make me yak. ewww just had a beaster smell flashbacks. carrots n asscrack.

Top Bottom