• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Anybody?

Its on just a few leaves on a few plants. no rhyme or reason.

This does not look like a Ca defiency. It does not start at the edges. It is not uniform.

Whats up with these spots
symbiote420

symbiote420

Looks kind of like a P def., what nutes you giving them?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
runnign co2 at 1500ppm. That might be it, since they went from 0-1500 in about 2.5 seconds.

I am not sure if it is a P deficiency or not to be honest. They are getting a well balanced diet..Its sporatic, meaning in a 14 x 13 room, there are like 7 or 8 leaves that I pulled with this symptom.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

Classic case of "LEAF SEPTORIA"

*comes from two cases of fungi, "Septoria cannabis and S. neocannabina"

*Yellow leaf spot is a wet and cloudy warm weather infection. Warm water and rain trigger the release of spors from the storage structures so it usually appears mid to late season. Infections occur when the temp is in the 60's but the fungi grow faster and are more destructive as the temp rises, with its ideal temps just below 80 degrees.

*Appearance* The spots first appear on the lower leaves of the plant. The fungus may also attack the stem.

*Appearance and effect of the disease* The spots can be yellow, white, or gray-brown. They may remain small and round, but usually grow larger and in an irregular pattern. Spots sometimes have reddish-brown perimeters. The infected tissue eventually dies and dries out and falls off, resulting in holes in the leaves. Severe infections result in defoliation, with no leaves left on the bottom of the plant.

*Prevention* The Septoria fungi are specific but ubiquitous. Only tow species attack Cannabis. As a result, plants are more likely to be infected if there is marijuana, or perhaps hops, growing outdoors near the garden. The spores overwinter on fallen infected marijuana leaves and debris and spread in three ways: wind, water and walking, either by humans and animals. Indoors, plants are not likely to come in contact with the spores unless they are trekked in or there are infected outdoor plants nearby.

Outdoors, infections are most likely ot occur in gardens and spaces where marijuana has been grown before. To lessen the likelihood of infection remove all residue from previous garden and then spray the area with fungicide (or redo your room with a coat of "BIOZAP" to give your a sterile area to start!) Clean and decontaminate all tools after working with infected plants. If possible plant the garden in a different space each time. (or give your hydrated pellets and pots a mild bleach-dilluted wash before every planting of a new crop)

(Treatments)
*Bacillus pumilis (beneficial bacteria)
*Cinnamon and clove oils
*Compost and compost tea
*Copper (soak pennies and dimes in water for a week, then add 1/4 Oz to each gal)
*Coriander oil
*Neem oil
*pH Up
*Potassium bicarbonate
*Sesame and fish oils
*Sodium bicarbonate
*Trichoderma (beneficial fungi)

(Control)
1.Prune away infected leaves and branches to remove infection vectors.
2.Neem Oil
3.Copper fungicides, including "Bordeaux Mixture", can slow the disease
4.Sulphur

Anything else ya need, hit me up! Ill take all questions and give as many answers ya need!

R

randyhighwood

Anybody?

Its on just a few leaves on a few plants. no rhyme or reason.

This does not look like a Ca defiency. It does not start at the edges. It is not uniform.

Hey Cap,
I think i have the same issue. What remedies did you use to get rid of this shit? Any advice is appreciated. thanks!

squiggly

squiggly

If not some type of infection, my first thought is a general pH issue.

I'd guess it's too basic, any chance this is the case?

EDIT

annnnnd I just realized this thread was necroed from last year.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

EDIT

LOL

never figured it out. It never came back. Problem solved!

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Hey cap just wondering if you remember the strain. Just wondering because all the stems look purple. My platinum og has purple stems.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

EDIT

Big plans on a Friday night, I see!

outwest

Top Bottom