Whats Wrong With My Babies?

• Thread starter Akhil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Akhil

OK, so long story short.

I planted some bagseeds in clay pots , and I wasnt expecting them to grow, but they did.

So I got them in coco , soil, and perlite mix in 15 litre pots , 2 days back.

Its been about 16 days since they got their first set of leaves.

And now in 16 days , they only grew like 2 nodes.(14 days in clay)

So, what's wrong with them. Why are they growing so slowly? Would anyone help me on this?

Also, the temps vary in the range of 21-25°c in day and 11-15°c at night.

And I am using vermicompost .

Thank you

Toaster79

Toaster79

Night temps are giving them a hard time. What is that "soil" in the mix? Looks like some dirt you found around your house. What coco are you using? Did you rinse it well before use? Also the content of your pots doesn't look mixed thorougly. Where are you from? Northern or southern hemisphere? How long are your days?

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Night temps are giving them a hard time. What is that "soil" in the mix? Looks like some dirt you found around your house. What coco are you using? Did you rinse it well before use? Also the content of your pots doesn't look mixed thorougly. Where are you from? Northern or southern hemisphere? How long are your days?
Do something about your night temps.. Maybe you can bring the pots inside..
The soil looks like it has a lot of clay in it.. That is to heavy for the plants,, cannabis likes loose soil.. They will love straight coco..
Peace

indicabush

indicabush

Frankly and this is just my opinion.....start over again mate.

"And now in 16 days , they only grew like 2 nodes.(14 days in clay)"

clay would be the problem right off the bat.

A

Akhil

Its actually a coco soil and perlite mix, but I put some clay on top , I Dont know why.

I am from India btw

A

Akhil

Do something about your night temps.. Maybe you can bring the pots inside..
The soil looks like it has a lot of clay in it.. That is to heavy for the plants,, cannabis likes loose soil.. They will love straight coco..
Peace
Man, I can't take the pots inside as there is a risk of someone spotting me. Is there any other suggestion ,like covering the pots with white plastic ,which might increase temps?

A

Akhil

Frankly and this is just my opinion.....start over again mate.

"And now in 16 days , they only grew like 2 nodes.(14 days in clay)"

clay would be the problem right off the bat.
Yeah man, I know, lol, i get that advice a few times ,but I Dont know I feel like they are some sturdy plants , and Dont wanna uproot them.

indicabush

indicabush

Yeah man, I know, lol, i get that advice a few times ,but I Dont know I feel like they are some sturdy plants , and Dont wanna uproot them.

No problem then....throw some organic matter on top of that clay....peat moss, straw, leaves...something to improve upon that clay topping.

Good luck and if they pull through post some pics.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
While certain clays have a high CEC which is good for nutrient uptake....... the issues with clay is the particle size is so small you are going to have compaction issues and your roots will starve for O2

You can uproot them gently and gently rinse the clay from around the roots and repot into a better medium. They may or may not make the transition but you are going to have nothing but heartache and issues with that clay.

indicabush

indicabush

Man, I can't take the pots inside as there is a risk of someone spotting me. Is there any other suggestion ,like covering the pots with white plastic ,which might increase temps?

Clear plastic bag for greenhouse effect will help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yep, use clear plastic. Depending on your location, keeping the plastic over top can equate to moving 500miles CLOSER to the equator.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

The soil doesn't have enough oxygen. You need to put at least 50% perlite for seedlings. They need very light soil for roots to develop. Some mychorizae will help out too.

A

Akhil

Critters wont do a thing until you resolve that hard packed clay.......
Yeah man, I figured. Actually I transplanted the plants in coco perlite mix first. I just put some clay on top of coco . so would that still be a problem, coz the roots are in coco .?

Top Bottom