Whats wrong with my Bubba Kush? Is it Done already?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
rarely do you see all the fruit or flowers at the same stage of development on any kind of plant or tree.

So why would we expect all the buds on a cannabis plant to be done at the same time?

Chobble

Chobble

No two plants are alike, IMO and I often harvest them branch at a time, taking the ripe ones and letting others grow out.

What are clones?

It's easy for those of us that can't smell taste or touch those flowers to tell you to wait!

outwest

^^ This! The buds are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to tiny ken. Let them kick around for a week or two more and they'll get fatter. I always go off of Trichome Color > Hair > Bud Size. The hair is really an early warning system so that you can know the plant is maturing at a fast rate, but mind you the hairs rarely ever match the trichomes.

I personally think that harvesting while the trichomes are a milky color is your best option, You also want large resinous heads, which I dont think you have from what I can see in the picture.

Don't jump the gun Ken ;) Everything looks really good otherwise though :D

Chobble

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Not pressed for buds at all Cheese Bro. :)

What are clones?

^^ This! The buds are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to tiny ken. Let them kick around for a week or two more and they'll get fatter. I always go off of Trichome Color > Hair > Bud Size. The hair is really an early warning system so that you can know the plant is maturing at a fast rate, but mind you the hairs rarely ever match the trichomes.

I personally think that harvesting while the trichomes are a milky color is your best option, You also want large resinous heads, which I dont think you have from what I can see in the picture.

Don't jump the gun Ken ;) Everything looks really good otherwise though :D

Chobble

Yeah Chobble I know they are small...(this was a off season grow though)
And Yeah, the Hairs are Done on some of the tops..no large heads on the trichs:(
not super frosty either...

Im may start cherry picking in a day or two..

Bubba5 30

I think my next bed is gonna be much better :)

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Thanks Guys...

Lead; I hear ya...I let this cut of bubba go 65 days..last time..
Thats why im trippin..this time..:confused:
Guess I should have said 80+ days :eek:...

Buds look pre-mature. As long as your happy with the results!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
80 Days for Bubba kush? Really? o_O

Wow...I guess I could try that...

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
80 Days for Bubba kush? Really? o_O

Wow...I guess I could try that...
yes, true story fact not fiction. also for example, if things are not perfect for 10 days then you need to add 10 days to flower.
70+ bubba can becomes a more narcotic high vs a lighter head effect that does not last as long.

All depends on what you like as well. I want to get knocked the fuck out. So keep that in mind and that is the goal going for the long haul. All part of testing what is best for you and yours

Like stated try 56, 63,70, 77 and see what you like. For example. Going to 77 days vs 67, I lost 2% thc, but the effect is way better for someone with a serious medical condition that need a more narcotic effect.

The girls look done at 67 days, but I had to test. the effects, tastes and weight from the additional time does not show in a lab test

For what was grown to 77 days, it blew everything else out of the park.

A patient smoked the joint nodded out after few puff and burnt down the house.

The youngsters liked the nugs pulled at 63 days best, old timers like the 70-77 days nugs better.
I got tired of the bullshit being spewed. So I tested and asked for feedback. You got growers that are all about making $$, and sticking to a calendar. Then you have growers that #1 is quality of the medication.SO that is why you will hear both perspectives, pull now and also let it go longer.

My suggestions is use that information to make your own decisions based on your criteria and preferences.
My point was only you will not know until you try it. Sometimes it is better to find out for yourself rather than take the word from others. Everyone's preferences and enviroment are different so hard to make a set number.

I want to get nodded out, knocked the fuck out so if that is not your goal then please keep that in mind. Only trying to help, don't want you to burn down your house... Took some time and experimenting. Take care!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Great Post Lead
I want to get nodded out, knocked the fuck out so if that is not your goal then please keep that in mind.

:D heh.. I'm catching what your lay down Homie....

The thing of it is...My wife likes Bubba for sleeping...So I will let some go long for her...;)

Me..I dont have any trouble sleeping...I want weed that makes me want to be up and outside..
sweep the Floor, clean the garage, mow the lawn and be Happy about it weed.

But I love the taste and smell of bubba kush...so I will smoke this eary harvested stuff in the evenings...:)

Gotta wait another 30 days (or so) for my JillyBean

Jilly5 30

^^^^^^^^^^Reaks of over ripe fruit!!! ^^^^^^Yummy!!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah Your right Bigcheese. Thanks everyone...I will wait another week for the other bubba kush in this bed.

Just so yall know..
the plant i cut was only 18in tall....:rolleyes: and I left a few branches..
One branch was dusted with pollen too.(I see seeds)
I have another about the same size and another 2 footer n that bed.

The other bed is about a week behind...It has 8 two footers :D

Bubbakush5 30

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The best advice I ever got from another grower, god rest his soul, was when you think its ready wait a week. Seriously, this guy would go on vacation as soon as he thought he should harvest just to keep his hands off of his meds. I must say that my experience with bubba, and any real kush for that matter, was that it always finished first in my garden, ridiculously fast. I am not one to let fruit overripe, my experience is that overripe bud losses most if not all of its flavor. so that said I would never take my bubba 80 days, shit i could almost harvest twice in that time frame.....and I get that super coffee flavor from mine, but it may be the pheno. Anyway I am a fan of the dep, keep it up Ken!

Intense

Intense

Those buds look unreal. So good I can almost smell them! It'll be worth the wait to harvest them at the perfect time.

nebulius

nebulius

I like Lead's advice. I'm going to try that next harvest.

Say a plant has a 60-70 day flower period. I will harvest one branch of the most mature buds on day 50, then one on day 60, then 70, then 80. That way I am encompassing the flower period and am harvesting 10 days early and 10 days later than the flowering period.

This will be a good test to test your preference on trichome maturity and also teach you when that strain is at it's peak potential.

I love being a grower, it allows you to be a true connoisseur in the whole sense of the word and dial in your smoke exactly how you want it.

K

kolah

As a small-time grower, I do not pay to much attention to "flower times." I rely on my 30x-100x loupe. It keeps it simple and eliminates the guesswork. I met quite a few growers who harvest way to early IMO and never let the plants get to their fullest potential.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im with ya on the "flower time" Kolah.
Outdoors its hard to tell what day the "Flip" occurred anyway.

I watch my plants closely...If the Buds are turning red and are not making new hairs..and not getting fatter...I start looking with the loupe.....

if they dont seem to changing in appearance....then I tend to think they may be close to done.

10% amber is enough for me to be sure Im not harvesting early

My outdoor weed cant afford to be loosing thc ...;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks again everyone for talking me down...Im not in a hurry for these buds...

But I am in a hurry for the Beds they are in...;)

Bubbacloseup5 30

I suppose the clones can wait a couple more weeks for their bed.

Top Bottom