Whats wrong with my new growth? I KNOW do you.

• Thread starter Treecutter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Treecutter

Treecutter

1/4 FF OF soil 1/4 worm castings 1/4 perlite 1/4 coco. Amended with, kelp meal, azomite, mycorrhizae, neem cake, Epsom salt, bone meal, fras.

Temp 70f-75F 58% humidity constant outdoor makeup air ventilation.
Full spectrum led 240 watt king Brite @ 30000 lux.

Gave it a light feed of Tiger bloom and calmag plus 600 ppm and flipped to 12-12. Was gone for 3 days and came back to all my tops being yellow.

I know what the issue was but I wanted to post this just to see who gets it or comes close.
I'll let it run for the month and TWO of you usa guys figure it out, I'll send you a pack of a strain we been working on for a while called Cheese Gawd. Subcool Cheesequake X Alphakronic Alpa Dawg. And those of you that know Dave's history, yes it is Cheesequake from a cross over 9 years ago.

Sorry my worldly Brothers and Sisters, I know what the shipping is in other countries and its a no go for the delivery.

Care to take an educated guess of what happened. Left and right are pineapple middle is wedding cake.

Whats wrong with my new growth i know do you
Whats wrong with my new growth i know do you 2
josefrahl

josefrahl

I'd say iron deficiency. Had it in one grow from using r/o water, and forgot to add extra minerals.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

1/4 FF OF soil 1/4 worm castings 1/4 perlite 1/4 coco. Amended with, kelp meal, azomite, mycorrhizae, neem cake, Epsom salt, bone meal, fras.

Gave it a light feed of Tiger bloom and calmag plus 600 ppm and flipped to 12-12. Was gone for 3 days and came back to all my tops being yellow.

I know what the issue was but I wanted to post this just to see who gets it or comes close.
I'll let it run for the month and TWO of you usa guys figure it out, I'll send you a pack of a strain we been working on for a while called Cheese Gawd. Subcool Cheesequake X Alphakronic Alpa Dawg. And those of you that know Dave's history, yes it is Cheesequake from a cross over 9 years ago.

Sorry my worldly Brothers and Sisters, I know what the shipping is in other countries and its a no go for the delivery.

Care to take an educated guess of what happened. Left and right are pineapple middle is wedding cake.
Please tell us ive been stumped by these same symptoms before!

OutdoorGrowGuy

OutdoorGrowGuy

My first thoughts are calcium, but you're using calmag, so maybe not.

Was it low pH?

growsince79

growsince79

Stay gold ponyboy.

Treecutter

Treecutter

20211027 195636
20211031 204756

Last hint, these plants got the same feed, moisture was good. Plant in the back is wedding cake plant in the front is pineapple.
These pots are 12 gallon and the pots with the yellow new growth are 7 gallon.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Please tell us ive been stumped by these same symptoms before!
If its in the pics you posted, totally different. You had yellowing and dark spots forming on your lower leaves. In September post.

Treecutter

Treecutter

So, did you adjust feed and light at flip?
Only adjustment to feed was the addition of tiger bloom. Already gets calmag once a week.

Lights were adjusted from 25000 to 30000 lux but there 24 inches off the plants and I normally run this light up to 35000 before flip. And they were set at 12on 12 off. I don't drop my lights down until the middle of stretch.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I’m new AF but I would say Sulphur deficiency since it’s been a minute since you added Epsom in the beginning. 1 tsp epsom per gal and give it a foliar spray to get them right real quick ya’ll. Or if I’m wrong your fuct and everything dead in a week, 😂. that cheese gawd looks bangin, stay frosty growbro!

Treecutter

Treecutter

Tiger Bloom? That's it.

I think I gave every bit of info on the grow. This happened 4 years years ago and I usually don't make a mistake twice. Ill let it run for a month and give the answer. If some one doesn't get it ill shoot the seeds out to the closest answer. Been working on this cheese Gawd strain as a side project for quite a while and never gave out any of the seeds. I just back crossed it the first of the year so I'm curious of what it looks like.

Thought maybe with all the answers and seeds at stake, maybe a new grower could fix his grow with all the answers or guessing. 😆

Treecutter

Treecutter

I’m new AF but I would say Sulphur deficiency since it’s been a minute since you added Epsom in the beginning. 1 tsp epsom per gal and give it a foliar spray to get them right real quick ya’ll. Or if I’m wrong your fuct and everything dead in a week, 😂. that cheese gawd looks bangin, stay frosty growbro!
Good guess,
Epsom salt and calmag are a double dose of Magnesium which isn't a primary nute and would effect both new and old growth if it was lacking. So you might be right or wrong, good luck.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
You didn't specify a couple things.

1: Exactly how much water was the feeding and how many ml did you use per addition?

2: What is your light placement? How many inches above the canopy?

3: Do you only measure light in LUX?

Provide the details for more accurate feedback my friend...

Last edited:
AKgrow

AKgrow

I'd guess sulfur deficiency because the girls used up the epsom in the smaller pot before flip.

Treecutter

Treecutter

You didn't specify a couple things.

1: Exactly how much water was the feeding and how many ml did you use total.

2: What is your light placement? How many inches above the canopy?

3: Do you only measure light in LUX?

Provide the details for more accurate feedback my friend...
I did add the light placement when asked and I did give the ppm on the feed, I did post a pic of the meter in the side of the pot showing i feed by what the plants require not by guessing.

So there would be an assessment you didn't read the thread and you would like me to give you the answer to the challenge.

Top Bottom