Whats wrong with my plants????!!

• Thread starter Lulubutler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lulubutler

My water temp stays 68-70 my light is 800w but I have it 3 ft above the plant and also about a ft to the left of it so it's not right on it my plant looks like it's starting to die or something at the bottom of the base the roots look healthy there already in the water but I'm worried the plant is gonna end up dieing due to what ever this is !! Any advice would help please

Whats wrong with my plants
Whats wrong with my plants 2
Whats wrong with my plants 3
Whats wrong with my plants 4
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I know I answered this for you in the other thread, but its damping off.

Starting seedlings in rockwool can be tricky, do you have the whole block saturated? Ideally for the first couple weeks they should be spoon fed small amounts of water while the roots grow out. Leaving the whole block saturated is creating an excessively wet environment for the young ones, and that's likely what led to the onset of damping off. If you can find banner maxx it might help the other plants from contracting it, but I'm afraid by the time it arrives at your door it will probably be too late for this one. Usually once you see the base of the stem go brownish and pinched looking, it's only a matter of hours/days before it flops over and dies.

B

Burned Haze

Look into Rootsheild wp in the future/now ( a 2 lb bag will go you along way) it’s 1.5 oz per every 5 gal every 10-15 weeks

Healthy Roots = Healthy Plants

• Grows on roots, "shielding" them against root-damaging fungi
  • Controls up to 12 weeks
  • Two active ingredients (Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22, and Trichoderma virens strain G-41)
  • Preventative control of major root diseases including soilborne Phytophthora
  • Also controls diseases caused by Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium, Thielaviopsis, and Cylindrocladium Improved suppression of the aggressive hot-season Pythium
‘“

I’m on my 2nd bag and I would def say it’s protecting my seedlings,clones and making sure everything midway never has a problem ( remember if your going to do hydro - it has to be 100% or nothing, it’s def not the lazy mans version )

just a tip/suggestion since I had many root related issues, and solved it with this and found out it can be solved easily with this , on a schedule . No one wants to lose their prized seeds/clones !

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Look into Rootsheild wp in the future/now ( a 2 lb bag will go you along way) it’s 1.5 oz per every 5 gal every 10-15 weeks

Healthy Roots = Healthy Plants

• Grows on roots, "shielding" them against root-damaging fungi
  • Controls up to 12 weeks
  • Two active ingredients (Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22, and Trichoderma virens strain G-41)
  • Preventative control of major root diseases including soilborne Phytophthora
  • Also controls diseases caused by Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium, Thielaviopsis, and Cylindrocladium Improved suppression of the aggressive hot-season Pythium
‘“

I’m on my 2nd bag and I would def say it’s protecting my seedlings,clones and making sure everything midway never has a problem ( remember if your going to do hydro - it has to be 100% or nothing, it’s def not the lazy mans version )

just a tip/suggestion since I had many root related issues, and solved it with this and found out it can be solved easily with this , on a schedule . No one wants to lose their prized seeds/clones !
Excellent suggestion! I just love this company. Botanigard has become a staple in my IPM bag of tricks. I'll look into this rootshield.

L

Lulubutler

I know I answered this for you in the other thread, but its damping off.

Starting seedlings in rockwool can be tricky, do you have the whole block saturated? Ideally for the first couple weeks they should be spoon fed small amounts of water while the roots grow out. Leaving the whole block saturated is creating an excessively wet environment for the young ones, and that's likely what led to the onset of damping off. If you can find banner maxx it might help the other plants from contracting it, but I'm afraid by the time it arrives at your door it will probably be too late for this one. Usually once you see the base of the stem go brownish and pinched looking, it's only a matter of hours/days before it flops over and dies.
Yes u did I put this up b4 I saw ur answer since my seedling is more n likely a goner anyways due to the damping off I'm doing an experiment maybe it'll work proubly not I mixed up a few home remedies and put on the seedling I also went ahead n sprinkled some cinnamon on the other plants just incase...

L

Lulubutler

I'll most defently look into the rootshield stuff and yeah my rock wool has been staying wet I thought it was OK seeing since the roots are out of it ? Do should I lower my water? I also took off the black covering that was overy the rock wool n clay pebbles so that everything got a little better air I put some more clay pebbles on top to kinda support the plants I checked my ppm meter and it has lowered about 80 ppm do that mean I need to give it more food ?

L

Lulubutler

The first pic is of the one that has the damping off

20190703 004222
20190703 004438
20190703 004334
20190703 004453
20190703 004428
20190703 004438

Latest posts

Top Bottom