Whats wrong with my plants!!!

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel23

As you can see in the pictures, the leaves are very yellow. Is this some type of deficiency? I've added cal-mag and didn't really see any improvements. I tried the epsom salt at 1/4 teaspoon per gallon and it still doesn't look any better. PH is between 5.8-6.2. Other than the yellow coloring the plants look healthy. Please help. This is the first time I'm growing in 6x6x6 rockwool cubes.
Whats wrong with my plants

Photo1

Photo2

Photo3

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

?

WHAT nutes are u using and ay what ppm or ec?

R.O water?

ph sounds close to perfict.

also those look newly transplanted into rookwool...ddi you pre treat the rockwool?

I like 600 ppm of gh micro at transplanting..then to 700 in a week or so..

how much calmag..

also pics could be clearer to see mabie an iron or cal lockout..

C

CAPO

i'd keep that ph well below 6 bro.
what strain are we lookin at?
looks like good ol N def.- i could be mistaken. what's your nutes?

D

diesel23

Trailer Trash - I'm using Advanced Nutrients A&B, added some cal-mag and Liquid karma. ppm is reading about 700. I soaked the cubes in Ph'd water overnight before transplant.

Hey Capo, the strain is purple Urkel. What should the ph be with rockwool.

P

PureSugar

Rockwool should be soaked in water with a PH of 5.5 before use. I'd also keep your nute solution between 5.5-5.8.

Also how much light are you using and how far is it from your plants? Could be getting some light bleaching too.

Edit: It doesn't look like a Cal-Mag issue, if it was you would see yellow and brown spots starting at the edges of the leaves and would be working its way to the center of the leaf.

C

CAPO

I'd bump it down to 5.5-5.8.
urkel is finicky. maybe some ebb n flow rockwool growers will chime in.
I don't think it's a cal/mag def cause that is a spot burn or an intervenal yellowing. this looks like an equal yellowing starting with the old growth.
First get your ph in check then make sure they're not hungry. maybe bump up to 900 ppm.
How's your stock water? Chloramamine can do some weird shit to plants. What ph did you soak the cubes at?

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Man, I've been in that same situation before, young plants in hydro veg can be finicky. I set my ph at 5.8 and it usually rises over a couple days although 6.2 doesn't sound horrible, sometimes mine climbs to 6.5, depending on setup and strain. Once my plants get older they usually look better. As far as ppm goes I would chng res water, add light nute solution, maybe 30% or 40% of directions, watch ph. Less is more, especially with young plants, some strains need to be babied into a high ppm. Once plants are bigger and have more foliage, hack the old yellow leaves. Remember signs of improvement show in the new growth, not so much in leaves that have already started to fade. That's my 2 cents, hope it's worth something to ya. I always stress over my little babies but in the end, they always pull through. Keep a positive state of mind and try to relax.
Best of luck.

Venom818

Venom818

up your nutes bro i give my clones 700 right when they root keep your ph at 5.8

D

diesel23

Thanks alot everyone. Really good input. I'm going to start with dropping the PH and bumping up the nutes a bit.

S

sunsimulator

looks like nitro def . THE YELLOWING IS STARTING FROM THE BOTTOM AND WORKING IT'S WAY UP THE PLANT ,
just rooted clones im feeding 6 to 700 ppm , these plants are a lil more than just rooted ,, i would be at 900 ,, to 1000 ppm with these ,, they still look healthy so no worries yet ,, just up the veg food ppm!

urbanite420

urbanite420

I agree with the N definciency. I like to keep my pH around 5.7 but its usually around 5.4-5.8. Someties I bring it a bit lower (5.2) and let it rise on its own to about 5.8. That way I know that all nutes are being taken up across their availability ranges.

Oh yeah, Had a Chemdog D with the same signs, fed her extra N and she was a happy camper. Take note of what strains you are growing as some are more nute hungry than others. Anything related to the Chemdog lines are straight up nute pigs.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
looks like nitro def . THE YELLOWING IS STARTING FROM THE BOTTOM AND WORKING IT'S WAY UP THE PLANT ,
just rooted clones im feeding 6 to 700 ppm , these plants are a lil more than just rooted ,, i would be at 900 ,, to 1000 ppm with these ,, they still look healthy so no worries yet ,, just up the veg food ppm!

Don't worry. I have waiting too long too give them some nutes too. I just don't want to burn them. . It works it's way out fast with a repot and some fresh nutes though.

I need to up mine too. 400-600ppm for me and I see def. Thanks for the input everybody...

Good luck and take care.

B

bigErn

I think I might agree with the N deficiency and that you might be able to up your ppm a bit. Looking pretty good though, nice and deep green on the new growth, so that's good. I'm interested to see what ends up working out for you.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
What has happened since????

How about an update.

M

Malachi

I have been growing in rockwool for a while, and sometimes when I transplant fresh cuttings into the rockwool the yellowing of the leaves happens. It is due mainly to the plants explosive root growth into the rockwool. The plant uses stored nitrogen when they are establishing themselves (like when you clone and the tips of the leaves yellow a little bit right before they take) The plants will not immediately start feeding until the roots are in place, but when they are established the growth will be explosive. It is totally normal, and I wouldn't up your PPM just adjust your PH to 5.5-5.7 during veg. You may want to try a root stimulant like Root's Excel during veg on your next run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom