What's Wrong With My Plants

• Thread starter Saly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Saly

Hi, My 9 day old Blue dream and Green Crack have developed weird twisted looking leaves. I grew these from seed and have only fed them once with Seaweed Extract. Here's some pics

Whats wrong with my plants
Whats wrong with my plants 2
Whats wrong with my plants 3
Whats wrong with my plants 4
Whats wrong with my plants 5
Whats wrong with my plants 6
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Most of the time I attribute that to ph out of wack but wouldn't worry too much with seedlings. What's your medium? Do you know what your ph is at?

H

hawkman

Nothing just keep growing. how close is light source? type of?

H

happy b

Aw man.they look like theyv contracted hepatitis c.
no seriously they look like u could maybe be over watering but its hard to say.leaves look very light green.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I'm with happy on this, any decent soil is going to have enough food for seedlings. Make sure your letting them dry enough between watering and maybe back that light off another foot. Seedlings don't need much light. Wouldn't hurt to test soil ph.

H

hawkman

Light is 400w hps, distance about 40cm from tallest one.
Like said - light is too close try 20-24inches (use back of hand test to determine light distance) you do use a fan/s ?

H

hawkman

I made the distance about 2 feet now. and yes I have a 6 inch fan running 24/7
bet your issue is fixed; hope so - can tell by the new growth and plants will start to grow "healthier" !!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not sure about the PH of soil but I PH the water to 6.8.
Range it. They're unhappy with the pH. I've never grown with a 400W HPS so I can't say if it's too close or not, the plant doesn't look like what I consider to be light bleaching, but like I said, I've never done a 400W and the light burning I committed looked WAY worse than that.

Range the pH down a bit, between 6.2-6.8. It's not too stoked about 6.8 IMO.

H

hawkman

Thank you all, I will wait and see what happens to my babies :)
Back of hand test : place hand over top of plant for 30 seconds and feel the heat on the back of your hand if it burn's light too close - but you have moved your light far enough. soil ph can range from 5.6 to 6.5

Top Bottom