What's Wrong With This Plant???

• Thread starter Izarah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izarah

Izarah

ive been having this issue with only ONE of my 6 plants. The top has been drooping like the picture shows for a few days now. It isn't over watered and it isn't under watered either as this is something I check twice a day. Currently in a 24 hour light schedule with 300 watt LED light on her. In a 4x4 size tent only 2 other plants in this same tent. It's been doing this for about a week and I just can't figure out what could be going wrong. It's only this plant.

Whats wrong with this plant
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
To start off, what time was the pic taken? Right at lights on or after light has been off for a while. The plant will stop prayn after the light recedes and wont get back to reaching for the sky until they are awake and getting full light.

How close is the light to the canopy? Could be if light has been on long enough and your still getting droop the light may be too far away.

You stated that it isnt underwatering or over watering , how can you be sure?. How or what method do you use to determine if they are adequately watered or need to be watered.?

Do you have any insect infestation at all. Check the leaves underside as well, keep an eye out for winged critters and anything crawling around your soil surface.

Here is a link for over/underwatering symptoms http://www.growweedeasy.com/drooping-over-water-cannabis-vs-under-water-cannabis

Root aphids can cause leaf droop and yellowing as well heres another link for root aphids.

Last edited:
Izarah

Izarah

To start off, what time was the pic taken? Right at lights on or after light has been off for a while. The plant will stop prayn after the light recedes and wont get back to reaching for the sky until they are awake and getting full light.

Pic was taken two min ago, I turned off my led light to take the pic because plants are hard to see well under my lights.

How close is the light to the canopy? Could be if light has been on long enough and your still getting droop the light may be too far away.

The plant is 13 inches from light.

You stated that it isnt underwatering or over watering , how can you be sure?. How or what method do you use to determine if they are adequately watered or need to be watered.?

I have a moisture tester that I insert into the soil at 3 different spots twice a day to check the level.

Do you have any insect infestation at all. Check the leaves underside as well, keep an eye out for winged critters and anything crawling around your soil surface.

No I've already gone down all routs I can't think of that is why I've posted here. This has only been happening the last few days.
I understand the underwatering and over watering symptoms well but this plant was watered 3 hours ago and still looks like this. I water just enough to drain from the bottom of the fabric pot it's in and it needs water about every 2 days

Here is a link for over/underwatering symptoms http://www.growweedeasy.com/drooping-over-water-cannabis-vs-under-water-cannabis

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Yeah that ^^^^ on another note not all plants take or like same amount of nutes .
Is this plants soil staying wet longer then most ??? if so it could be a start of salt build up

Izarah

Izarah

Yeah that ^^^^ on another note not all plants take or like same amount of nutes .
Is this plants soil staying wet longer then most ??? if so it could be a start of salt build up

No, I have to water every 2 days

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
How can we say salts at this point as she may be feeding organically and not using synthetic nutes thus not an issue with salt build up.

But like @Purpletrain mentioned strains react to nutes differently, So he is eluding to if its a diff strain than the other 5 maybe it is your nute regimen and that strains needs diff level of feed.

What are you using for ferts???

Izarah

Izarah

How can we say salts at this point as she may be feeding organically and not using synthetic nutes thus not an issue with salt build up.

But like @Purpletrain mentioned strains react to nutes differently, So he is eluding to if its a diff strain than the other 5 maybe it is your nute regimen and that strains needs diff level of feed.

What are you using for ferts???

I am using Pacific Gro Liquid Oceanic Fertilizer. I use 1/4 cut to a gallon of water every 2 weeks as per instructions. My plants love it and have used it since I started growing. I'm not completely new to this and have done a lot of research on the growth of these plants. These are the first ones I have personally ever grown myself though and it seems I just can't make this guy happy lately.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I am using Pacific Gro Liquid Oceanic Fertilizer. I use 1/4 cut to a gallon of water every 2 weeks as per instructions. My plants love it and have used it since I started growing. I'm not completely new to this and have done a lot of research on the growth of these plants. These are the first ones I have personally ever grown myself though and it seems I just can't make this guy happy lately.
Well seems your using a organic fert. Seems to be a good choice. I havent ever used it.

You didnt answer my question tho, are all 6 plants the same strain?

Velodrone

Velodrone

Is it from seed? You can have genteic expression all across the board requiring diffrent nutrient profiles within the same strain. Food for thought.

Izarah

Izarah

Well seems your using a organic fert. Seems to be a good choice. I havent ever used it.

You didnt answer my question tho, are all 6 plants the same strain?

Sorry I missed that. No they aren't and I really have no idea what this plant is. I got 3 from a friend to experiment with and this is one of them. I had never done this myself so wanted to learn before I bought seeds and started growing for real. He said they were blue dream. I have no idea if that's true and he isn't the greatest of friends so you just never know. The other three I have are Girl Scout but this one is the only one who seems unhappy

Izarah

Izarah

Is it from seed? You can have genteic expression all across the board requiring diffrent nutrient profiles within the same strain. Food for thought.

It was grown from a seed by a friend but I got it as a young plant, it was given to me.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

ferts sound ok but being fished based i am guessing like 4 - 1 - 1 i clearly see to much N in the mix and why leafs are really dark green looks great other then little on the darker side maybe back off give it few waterings
But yes same strains or sibblings can show different wants or likes i have had many strains that just droop
Cid 0204010829

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry I missed that. No they aren't and I really have no idea what this plant is. I got 3 from a friend to experiment with and this is one of them. I had never done this myself so wanted to learn before I bought seeds and started growing for real. He said they were blue dream. I have no idea if that's true and he isn't the greatest of friends so you just never know. The other three I have are Girl Scout but this one is the only one who seems unhappy
Now that helps a bit. Stands to reason why the other 5 are unaffected and only one is showing with issues. Different strain diff phenotype. I would suggest and its just my .2 cents while just starting out it is easier to learn when monocropping the same strain. Keeps things easier to diagnose. But again just my opinion.

I believe a lot of growers are so into the new fad strain of the month that they really dont get up close and personal with a particular strain long enough to really get to know the strain and the phenos in that progeny.

My mentor wouldnt let me do multiple strains until I learned each strain real well. Back in the day it pissed me off but in retrospect I think it made me a better farmer. :D

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

you forgot or higher content :) just saying that is minimum analysis and i would bet its higher

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Also
When making calculations on fluid fertilizers, remember that the grade or analysis is given on a weight percent basis, not on a per gallon basis. Thus to determine the actual plant food content, you must know the weight per gallon of the material. Most fluids weigh between 10 and 12 pounds per gallon. The following example illustrates the calculations:

10 - 34 - 0 weighs 11.4 pounds per gallon

Therefore one gallon contains:
11.4 × .10 = 1.14 pounds nitrogen per gallon
11.4 × .34 = 3.88 pounds phosphate per gallon

It takes about 9 gallons of this fluid to equal 100 pounds of total fertilizer. For comparing fluids on price per ton basis, divide the weight per gallon into 2,000 to get the number of gallons per ton. In the above example, the calculation is:
2000 ÷ 11.4 = 175 gallons per ton

This calculation can be used to compare a liquid priced in dollars per gallon with a solid priced in dollars per ton.

Izarah

Izarah

Now that helps a bit. Stands to reason why the other 5 are unaffected and only one is showing with issues. Different strain diff phenotype. I would suggest and its just my .2 cents while just starting out it is easier to learn when monocropping the same strain. Keeps things easier to diagnose. But again just my opinion.

I believe a lot of growers are so into the new fad strain of the month that they really dont get up close and personal with a particular strain long enough to really get to know the strain and the phenos in that progeny.

My mentor wouldnt let me do multiple strains until I learned each strain real well. Back in the day it pissed me off but in retrospect I think it made me a better farmer. :D

Thank you for you advice. My mentor only has one strain but I didn't want to purchase my first ones in case I killed them all lol so I got what I could. I have looked into different strains and have had my eye on Widow and will probably be starting them soon but I want to make sure I have every thing down before I do.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

i would mark that plant and maybe water water then feed water water etc your soil mix could be out i mean i have also mixed lots of soils yet one plant reacts differently i concluded maybe my soil mix was different then the rest
and being high citen and life maybe ph is fucking around in soil ph
can be changed by the reaction of fertilizer materials. The most important such reaction is the microbial oxidation of ammonium nitrogen to nitrate nitrogen. This occurs regardless of the source of ammonium nitrogen (fertilizer, manure, or organic residues). The acidity of a fertilizer is usually given by convention as the amount of pure limestone that would be required to offset the acidity produced by the reaction of the fertilizer.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Also
When making calculations on fluid fertilizers, remember that the grade or analysis is given on a weight percent basis, not on a per gallon basis. Thus to determine the actual plant food content, you must know the weight per gallon of the material. Most fluids weigh between 10 and 12 pounds per gallon. The following example illustrates the calculations:

10 - 34 - 0 weighs 11.4 pounds per gallon

Therefore one gallon contains:
11.4 × .10 = 1.14 pounds nitrogen per gallon
11.4 × .34 = 3.88 pounds phosphate per gallon

It takes about 9 gallons of this fluid to equal 100 pounds of total fertilizer. For comparing fluids on price per ton basis, divide the weight per gallon into 2,000 to get the number of gallons per ton. In the above example, the calculation is:
2000 ÷ 11.4 = 175 gallons per ton

This calculation can be used to compare a liquid priced in dollars per gallon with a solid priced in dollars per ton.
Nice, thanks for the calcs!!!

Top Bottom