What's your basic IPM for veg AND flower?

• Thread starter Kushmandan96
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushmandan96

Kushmandan96

Hey new to this forum so please, bare with me.

I've basically had a problem with pests for the past couple weeks, aphids and/or thrips. So, I talked to some fellow growers and discovered that loast coast plant therapy would work well, along with with some cucumeris for preventative measure and to take care of any thrips.

I applied the cucumeris, aswell as some dish soap sprays before receiving them, but I seem to have forgotten I am APPLYING bugs ON bugs, beneficial insects right..

So I genuinely don't like bugs, but whatever that's me, I saw these little mites going all over my bottom leaves, finally got the courage to take my jewelers loupe and looked at a leaf and sure enough, it was the mites.

IM STILL scared I have fucking aphids and/or thrips.. I trimmed my sexy ladies today and I noticed some nice eggs/larvae on the bottom of the leaves, I refused to look with my loupe as I am such a baby with that shit.. anyways.

Plants are generally very happy with little to no symptoms.. other than some obvious damage that looked like thrips damage, but then I found some blackish darkish spots that looked possibly like aphid damage.

SO I really wanted to get ladybugs, but couldn't, that's why I got the cucumeris. What do you know, wake up one morning as I'm stressing about this and found one that somehow survived through it's hibernation down here in Quebec. I took care of her, threw her in the tent.

MY QUESTION! I have these fucking little mites everywhere, I was told my Loast coast plant therapy will not harm them. Is this true? Also , I only have 1 fucking ladybug, will she be ight?

LASTLY, during flower, I am not a fan of foliar spraying them during this time (already do almost everyday, and surprisingly they are thriving..) so during flower, is it safe to use the LCPT? Also, should I get some nematodes and throw them in during flower? Will my ladybug be ok?😢 Lol

Let me know guys what's your go to, what you guys use, what the most effective.. most importantly, what should I be using during flower so I can keep those nice terps and keep those little fuckers we call pests away!

Growing in Stewpwell SuperSoil, organic with basic veg top dress. Temps and humdidity are consistent on staying between 20-26 and 60-68%

Whats your basic ipm for veg and flower
Whats your basic ipm for veg and flower 2
Whats your basic ipm for veg and flower 3
Whats your basic ipm for veg and flower 4
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For IPM I use a nearly hepa grade filter on my air intake, and never wear my shoes or outside clothing in the grow. Also use a sulphur burner once a week up to week 2 flower, and use yellow sticky traps. Never use questionable soils stored outdoors. Never bring in clones from unknown grows. Never overwater the plants. Keep temp and humidity dialed to prevent mildew etc.. Never bring anything dirty into the room.

Other than that just monitor the plants and sticky traps regularly. If a pest presents and exceeds my threshold for intervention, treat accordingly.

Kushmandan96

Kushmandan96

For IPM I use a nearly hepa grade filter on my air intake, and never wear my shoes or outside clothing in the grow. Also use a sulphur burner once a week up to week 2 flower, and use yellow sticky traps. Never use questionable soils stored outdoors. Never bring in clones from unknown grows. Never overwater the plants. Keep temp and humidity dialed to prevent mildew etc.. Never bring anything dirty into the room.

Other than that just monitor the plants and sticky traps regularly. If a pest presents and exceeds my threshold for intervention, treat accordingly.

Much appreciated for the response man, this was pretty much my guess. Never did any sulhpur burner, what is that?

Thanks,

-Dee

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Much appreciated for the response man, this was pretty much my guess. Never did any sulhpur burner, what is that?

Thanks,

-Dee

A little heater and metal cup suspended above it. You put pure sulphur in the cup and the heater heats it to vaporization temp. The elemental sulphur vapor fills the room completely and kills mold and mildew and also prevents mites from entering the grow. One of the best all around preventative treatments for both mildew and mites.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

A little heater and metal cup suspended above it. You put pure sulphur in the cup and the heater heats it to vaporization temp. The elemental sulphur vapor fills the room completely and kills mold and mildew and also prevents mites from entering the grow. One of the best all around preventative treatments for both mildew and mites.

Not a good idea past week 2?

Top Bottom