chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
All tasty...
Whats your choice

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Joe and Lucinda for the win. Seems like growers name strong meds after people. Can't wait to see nug shots and read some smoke reports. Sweet stash chickenman. Gotta bird feed question if you don't mind? How difficult is it to raise birds off worms, weed seed and grass?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Joe and Lucinda for the win. Seems like growers name strong meds after people. Can't wait to see nug shots and read some smoke reports. Sweet stash chickenman. Gotta bird feed question if you don't mind? How difficult is it to raise birds off worms, weed seed and grass?

Chickens need a fully balanced nutritional profile. I have ground and mixed our own feed for 13 years. Bottom line is there is no substitute for Soybean for a full profile of needed nutrients for egg production, as well as growth for meat chickens.
We use full fat whole roasted non GMO soy beans, non gmo corn and organic trace minerals and vitamins in our mix, feed 225 lbs daily.
Free range on pasture will only provide at most 30% of needed nutrition.
Soy is controversial but our formula has digestion enhanced so birds digest feed better, thus les malodor in our barns. the malodor, love that word, in commercial operations is a result of grain by products that chicken just cannot digest thus the malodor, love that word.....
So it is best to offer both free range as well as a quality fed free from GMO, arsnic, yes arsnic is used as a de wormer in chicken feeds believe it or not.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Chickens need a fully balanced nutritional profile. I have ground and mixed our own feed for 13 years. Bottom line is there is no substitute for Soybean for a full profile of needed nutrients for egg production, as well as growth for meat chickens.
We use full fat whole roasted non GMO soy beans, non gmo corn and organic trace minerals and vitamins in our mix, feed 225 lbs daily.
Free range on pasture will only provide at most 30% of needed nutrition.
Soy is controversial but our formula has digestion enhanced so birds digest feed better, thus les malodor in our barns. the malodor, love that word, in commercial operations is a result of grain by products that chicken just cannot digest thus the malodor, love that word.....
So it is best to offer both free range as well as a quality fed free from GMO, arsnic, yes arsnic is used as a de wormer in chicken feeds believe it or not.
Do you have a chicken thread? I have a couple more questions if you don't mind. Arsenic, theres got to be an alternative? What's in the digestion enhanced? Thanks and I'll wait for chicken thread for further questions

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:o Chicken MAN! Those are some SWEET leaf selections. I don't know if I'd wanna try what I haven't heard of before, or if I wanna try what I've had before, just to compare. Where to start...?
I'm raising mine pretty much as free range birds. They have access to two different organic feeds and oyster shell powder. Since they're out from dawn to dusk, odor in the coop isn't normally an issue unless there's been a lot of rain (we've got some leaks in the coop).

My dad formulated a high Omega-3 feed mix based on flaxseed when he had his birds. Good eggs, but I don't know that they were necessarily any better than mine or cm's.

I just found out about another breed called the Icelandic chicken, and their focus is forage. In fact, this breed does poorly if kept cooped up. Let me see if I can find a link. Here we go: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icelandic-chickens-save-the-breed-from-extinction

I'm raising up an Ameracauna x Rhode Island Red, and this little bird is a BITCH. It BIT me! I'm thinkin' it's a dude, and destined for the pot. It's grown bigger and faster than the other chicks I've raised up so far. It even pushes around the two dominant hens (one of whom is its mom, Buffy). I'm waiting for the row between it and the rooster.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Intern review...12 joints sampled....
Lucenda.. Grape fruity
Joe..Earthy fruit
Purple hash plant GRAPE
Dairy Queen..Peppery jolt, smooth finish like good cup of coffee.
Purple cheddar.. More grape than PHP...
Stardawg, grape pine
Blueberry, blueberry bubble gum...
Blue berry lemon chem.. Lemon earth
Raskel OG..Buttery herb earthy...
Sour D intensely sour diesel.
Cherry Pie.. Apple cherry...
Sour diesel, Dawgs waltz diesel, grape...
Everyone's baked.....Kids are talking science, baked to the bone to start another work day on farm, yes we work well baked....Smoke from way before sun up, and well after sundown...

Last edited:
phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Intern review...12 joints sampled....
Lucenda.. Grape fruity
Joe..Earthy fruit
Purple hash plant GRAPE
Dairy Queen..Peppery jolt, smooth finish like good cup of coffee.
Purple cheddar.. More grape than PHP...
Stardawg, grape pine
Blueberry, blueberry bubble gum...
Blue berry lemon chem.. Lemon earth
Raskel OG..Buttery herb earthy...
Sour D intensely sour diesel.
Cherry Pie.. Apple cherry...
Sour diesel, Dawgs waltz diesel, grape...
Everyone's baked.....Kids are talking science, baked to the bone to start another work day on farm, yes we work well baked....Smoke from way before sun up, and well after sundown...
Living the dream

trippinballz

trippinballz

I can't remember that far back, my friend.....LOL... but if the Stardawg cut came from this way it's actually (Grit's) Stardawg x Purple Cheddar. Smells just like some jasmine/neroli soap we used to make.... purty, purty nugs....

BB is definitely all about taste.

Raskal OG will cure out incredibly well in the jar. Everything good about her intensifies, IMO.

good show my friend...good show.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Seems like everyone likes just about alll off it in my little circle of patients and pot heads we do not go the caregiver route, those who want do not need no paper work...
Personally I have no preference it all works for me, the blueberry sure is tasty as well as the sour d, nice to have such variety thanks all for contributing cuts to make it happen and thanks to those goats for shitting out the nutrition needed to grow monsters...
I like to keep it simple, dirt, water, goat shit, sun...
Let it grow.. My outdoor is always eaiser and better than my indoor.
A so called broker from the city saw harvest and was impressed said looked like indoor despite machine trim which imo if done right is as good as hand trim..
Further testing and review is a must so we will continue. Constant studies by our staff, of willing lab rats...

Latest posts

Top Bottom