What's YOUR extraction tube dimensions?

• Thread starter EuDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EuDiesel

SSIA...My friend blows glass and we made a mini-prototype and a larger glass tube for making oil in. The ends are fluted with a small enough hole for the nozzle and the end is left open for packing material.

Anyway, since we've made a couple I just wanted to know what size you guys have found the most efficient for maintaining pressure with a standard vector can.

I think the larger one is about 18" and 1" inner diameter -- holds about 1.5 oz of pulverized plant material.

What length / inner diameter do you guys find the most efficient for extracting plant material? Just trying to make a running list to find the optimized dimensions.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I've experimented with columns to 1 1/2" ID X 24", but have standardized on 1" ID in lengths in 12", 24, and 36" long.

I use the 36" the most and the 12" the second most often.

I have used as small as a 3/4" X 8" column, and it seemed to work just fine, though it was tedious to pack and unpack.

M

MTgrower

The Tamisium tube is what I use and it is 1.5 inches in diameter, 1/2 inch thick walled stainless steel. Six inches in length. If I had designed it, I would have gone with a slightly smaller diameter (1 - 1.25 in.) and increased the length to 10 or 12 inches.

R

rbrown13

I've experimented with columns to 1 1/2" ID X 24", but have standardized on 1" ID in lengths in 12", 24, and 36" long.

I have used as small as a 3/4" X 8" column, and it seemed to work just fine, though it was tedious to pack and unpack.

Hey brother if you don't mind me asking is the 36" tube you use glass and what thickness is it I ask this because I just had a 38x4mm 36" long extractor made for me but I just haven't had the guts to use it yet what experience have you had with the 36" as far as how tight you pack and when swapping out cans how do you deal with the back pressure, any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Mine is a 3 footer about 1.5 inches inside diameter. Doubled annieled(sp) glass Thick as hell, doubles as a weapon if someone tries to jack my BHO.

R

rbrown13

Mine is a 3 footer about 1.5 inches inside diameter. Doubled annieled(sp) glass Thick as hell, doubles as a weapon if someone tries to jack my BHO.

That last part made me laugh, do you know the wall thickness in mm this one I have is a 4mm thick glass 38mm bore 36" long, how tight do you pack super dried out trim

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I do not know the MM thickness. I would say it is a little thicker than a 1/4 inch. Straight tube on both ends.
It fits exactly 100 grams, I pack it about every 6 inches or so with a broom stick. I run about 3-5 cans of tane thru. I grind up the trim/buds before I put them in the tube. If you pack it too tight, I feel like you lose some. Some people say different.

R

rbrown13

I do not know the MM thickness. I would say it is a little thicker than a 1/4 inch. Straight tube on both ends.
It fits exactly 100 grams, I pack it about every 6 inches or so with a broom stick. I run about 3-5 cans of tane thru. I grind up the trim/buds before I put them in the tube. If you pack it too tight, I feel like you lose some. Some people say different.

Thanks brother I feel the same way about how tight to pack also the tighter you pack a long tube you tend to get blow back when swapping out from one can of tane to the next can...

C

ChemJames

I use a stainless steel tube 24 inch long and 1 inch inside diameter. I use 2-3 300ml cans each run.

S

surfguy1936

i have many, all glass. from one that holds an 8th to about two oz. the smaller the better the yeild ratios. if you are in so-cal and are interested pm me

C

Codisious

Yield Numbers

Please leave your yield numbers with your extractor sizes, especially if you have a commercially produced one like okief.

Thanks,

Codisious

rusty

rusty

I made one recently out of this stainless bathroom grab bar, cut it to 12" long. (If u get one of these, be sure to clean the inside with a bottle brush and alcohol, get ALL that machining oil out!). I plugged the end with a leg tip lined with a neoprene washer. I drilled a hole in the rubber and then stuck one of those red vector butane tips (with a washer to keep it from poking thru) into the hole. I think it held about 3oz of shake, it worked swell, however it was my first try making BHO so I have no basis of comparison. Can't wait to try it with pure bud!

*edit: oh yeah, I should answer the questions huh: dimensions 1-1/2" OD, 12" long. ran 3 cans thru about 3oz of ground trim and got about 3g yield

C

ChemJames

how many cans do you use on each 12",24",36". and do you run one can and then take out trim/bud and repack? or just run the cans back to back? and do you grind or cut up your bud or trim?? You seem to know your shit, just wanted to ask a pro.

thanks

D

Drdabs

SSIA...My friend blows glass and we made a mini-prototype and a larger glass tube for making oil in. The ends are fluted with a small enough hole for the nozzle and the end is left open for packing material.

Anyway, since we've made a couple I just wanted to know what size you guys have found the most efficient for maintaining pressure with a standard vector can.

I think the larger one is about 18" and 1" inner diameter -- holds about 1.5 oz of pulverized plant material.

What length / inner diameter do you guys find the most efficient for extracting plant material? Just trying to make a running list to find the optimized dimensions.
There is no such thing. If your running lots a bigger one will be better but if your running lots you may want to look into a closed loop bho extractor you could use a ten dollar plastic extractor and get the same result quality wize compared to someone with a 10 thousand dollar closed loop set up the only thing that you want to be concerned about if your starting material it's what matters

Latest posts

Top Bottom