whats your fav' 2part nutes? I gotta gpw and wanna start tweakin things

• Thread starter aaxxeell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aaxxeell

Hey fellow farmers,
I'm aaxxeell. been growing for 4years+ and gradually increased my skills and op.
its been fun, 1st round was a 400hps in a cupboard, makin a proud 0.4gpw lol.
slowly trying multiple growing systems, methods, mediums, nutrients and additives...

I settled on my 1200w op, and decided to hone my skills
- 2x 4x4 ebb flow trays
- 2x 600hps in cooltubes
- hydroton, sog style
- 2part dutchfest bloom (same strenght+ npk profile as canna, 1/2 the price)
- canna p/k
- h2o2
- white russian + critical mass

after 4-5 rounds in the 4x8 tent i pulled my 1st Gram Per Watt :banana1sv6: WOOHOO!
now that i can proudly say i got some skills, im really looking to dial things in and get the little things tweaked!

I'd REALLY like everyones opinion on fav base nutrients and PK...
what really works for you?

any input will be great guys,
AX

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You will find as your skills and knowledge improve, what is in your nutrient supply cabinet will diminish......in other words "less is more" will take on a new better meaning after each lesson learned.......skilled and experienced growers use a good base nutrient and not much more than that! No PK boosters needed.......which if you have a good quality nutrient system, you should not need a bunch of extra's......to improve your yield, improve your enviroment which is what really got you the success to begin with.......

Peace & Karma

A

aaxxeell

well said BioMaster my thoughts exactly dude, but yeah i was askin whats your opinion of a good base nutrient?
in the past I have dabbled with Canna, AN, lucas, Dutchmaster etc all of which was in funnily enough in conjuction with numerous silly additives...

Now that i've weened myself of snake oils, im wondering which company produces a well made base nute so i can give it a go maybe i'll break 1.1gpw lol

H&G have a good rap, or maybe canna or GH choices choices choices

T

tenthirty

Try Dyna-Grow, it's a 1 part, but you can mix the grow and bloom to get close to your desired ratios.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

It sounds 2 me that u got a kick ass program I wouldn't change anything.. I can't hit those numbers yet but I use Flora Nova with great results.. I would keep doing what ur doing..

A

aaxxeell

cheers tenthirty, and big thanks to MakinGoo

my setup funnily enough is good, and im very concise with my op but hey its far from perfect...
temperature and humidity swings a bit as room isnt sealed, and i get lots of salt buildup with current nutes which i have to flush @ 4wks into flower, to keep plants from suffering.

+ funniest of all... wait for it...
I use creek water which has all types of critters and microbes in it. the stuff comes outta the tap with a brownish tinge LOL (which i gotta nuke with H2O2)

in the future i plan on moving, upping my watts to 75per square, using RO water again, sealing up the room and adding CO2 + aircon...
i caint wait, its gonna be the shizzy

I did lots more research and decided to give House&Garden A+B a try, hey i got 2x trays... hmm, i could even try a side by side

peace out
AX:banana1sv6:

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I love advanced Connie it's the shit if theres a base that Dnt need any pk boosters it's Connie .

A

aaxxeell

just an update, wk's4-6 my plants are soooo green and SHINY with H&G they look like plastic plants...
i am sold on h&g, cant wait do do a full run with it
i wonder if i use drip clean whether i will have to clean my rez and ebb flow tables each run? hmmm

I

ibTheMan

AN Connie it works best imo, but it runs HOT! so you only need a little bit.
3ml to 5ml of each A & B is about normal
10ml each would be most ever used
Bottle says you can run 16ml Each, But DONT!
AN Bud Ignitor,Big Bud, and sometime CalMag are the addes i use, big bud rarely(thats there PK booster)

It seems expensive but you use alot less, so its turns out to be a great deal.

S

Steel Erection

It's my second run with the Gh Flora 3 part using the Useless Formula and I am lovin it. A guy on here with very good skills uses the same schedule and his shit rocks. Only additives I'm using are Silica Blast, Calmag, And Flora Blend. In flower Hammerhead/moab. Google the Useless Formula. Nice and clean and zero salt build up you flush every week. PH stays very stable.-SE

S

Starkx

It's my second run with the Gh Flora 3 part using the Useless Formula and I am lovin it. A guy on here with very good skills uses the same schedule and his shit rocks. Only additives I'm using are Silica Blast, Calmag, And Flora Blend. In flower Hammerhead/moab. Google the Useless Formula. Nice and clean and zero salt build up you flush every week. PH stays very stable.-SE

Thanks for this tip, gonna give it a try sounds like he has great success with this program.

S

Steel Erection

Check out GTD's grows his garden is always rockin bro.-SE

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
like thirty i love dyna gro, probably because i never have to ajust the ph.

M

meercat.com

vitalink has a cleaning addative or somthing helps keep ya drip lines clean decent prices good line up dont go much for all the boosters addatives !but 1gpw is good see if ya still hitting it or more in say three four runs mate? but id keep what ya have if ya happy y make chamges could drop ya back to 0.4 ! do they sell vitalink in usa ? ive had it 1gpw cupple times dipends on strain n time of year summer sucks not sealed lol

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Trying out this new stuff that is a 3 part like GH. Called XtraEdge. 2x stronger then GH. But got it for $350 out the door 5G set.

General Hydro is not to bad.

Looks like i have to check into H&G, hear gang of good news but i only used root excel from them and did not see any difference.

Some ad on the Farm here from AN called Jungle Juice looks kinda good from what my Eye sees.

If your water is from RO, might want to place some CalMag

V

VolcanoVapin

I used the GH Flora 3 part & the Useless formula this round too and it worked well. Much better all around than the lucas formula I used to use before that. The plants stay very healthy... for hydro, it's a great nutrient program with well thought out ratios for fast growth.

I've been considering switching over to Earth Juice though to try a little hydro-organic style grow to see if I can improve the taste and smell with organics...

If I stayed full hydro I'd probably try out the new GH FloraDuo. It looks to be somewhat of a combination of the Flora and FloraNova series... thinner liquid and more customizable ratios like the Flora series, but simpler like the FloraNova because it's only a two part nutrient. I've also heard it has more advanced PH buffering.

O

ODGG

Cash crop

First time running Aeroponic (not TRUE aerponics), had a yield of 20 oz off one 2x4 unit, under a 1k. Used cash crop nutrients, a simple two part nutrients. Freakin buds looked like soda cans (when dried)..... Strain was Critical Mass by Mr nice. Also had some AO by subcool. Cash crops is very simple to use.

A

aaxxeell

just a quick update, lovin the H&G its rockin out with its c*ck out.
healthy healthy healthy, 1st h&g only run, i got A+B, roots excellurator, topbooster and a cople sachets of topshooter (which i prob only have enough for half strength lol)
I flipped now cant wait to see how bloom goes woot!

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
roots excellurator is amazing, I use it in my cloner and for the first two weeks of veg. Its ridiculously expensive, so I use only 1 ml per gallon. Ax, are you still only using hydroton?

Top Bottom