whats your faviorite way to clone?

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

Hey all im getting geared up to start cloning for the outdoor season and im thinking of trying something different this year . any ideas, I usually just use rock wool , placed in domes . but i have had about a 80 % sussess rate , I use the normal tubular lights with plant & aquaram ightsin them . I would appericate any help .. I also use the gel 2 root liquid hormone .. any insight would be great

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

i use small espresso cups filled with pro-mix in a dome...i rarely loose one,most of the time i get 100% within 8 days.....ive tried rockwool, jiffy pucks, pure peat moss and water cloning and for me this is the easiest and most reliable way...i also never really have light directly on them the dome stays in the corner of the veg cab, i leave the dome on first 4 or 5 days and then the rest of the time i open the top little by little untill they dont wilt anymore when its off.....good luck

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Aero cloner with plain water, no cloning hormone needed. I get 100% success. I love not having to buy cloning gel anymore. All i need is water.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I dont loose any cuts with rockwool and a dome. I pull the dome off atleast 2 times a day to give them fresh air and mist. Always clean your cutting tools, and tray/dome with bleach. That was my mistake in the past was cleaning.

N

NBfrost

thanks for all the advice , i wish i had the money to buy a aero cloner . Im going to try a combo of all your ideas , except for the cloner and see how i do . I ALway had alot so i didnt have to worry , but this year i have to get more from less , so i appericate all your input . pluse im not that experienced at cloning , id rather but them but quid is a little short this year , cannot afford a 1000 clones at 5 bucks a piece this year .

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I like the EZ cloner but like Rockwool worked fine and your right at $5 each that could get expensive .

Solidopc

Solidopc

Bubble cloners are the fastest for me, but i'm a but lazy and can;t be assed changing the water and transplanting into coco or soil with the fragile roots. So i settle for root riot cubes, which are just compressed soil cubes i think, and cheap rooting powder. I seem to have greater success with powder than gel.

Was chatting to a mate who was going to try the pellet things that expand when wet. He rekons his mate gets much faster rooting from them. Might give them a go. Can't remember the dam exact name now.

Still, i have very good success in the root riots. Does take a while, but i hardly lose a cutting ever. Have to wait 2-3 weeks, but aslong as you time everything right its not problem.

Personanlly, i hate rockwool for cloning. Had terrible results with it. Have about 100 of the dam things in the cuboard under the sink.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

This method works really well for me and it's a 99% success rate so far. YOu know those red plastic 180z cups best known from kegger parties? I buy them in bulk, about $9 for 240 cups!:cool0010:

I take some Sunshine soiless mix, fill the cup up, water it well, dip the clone in rooting powder and voila. Cover it with some clear plastic wrap and put under CFLs for 24 hours a day. No need to water, the plastic retains the moisture well. :flowerTake the wrap off after 1-2 weeks.

I read about this method somewhere on THCFarmer..and just can't remember where..such a pothead. Works like a charm everytime!

F

FastForward

I used to use rapid rooters...but now it's pure coco....check out BoyLobster's thread 'In Praise of Coco Cloning' - you won't turn back... :)

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I used to use rapid rooters...but now it's pure coco....check out BoyLobster's thread 'In Praise of Coco Cloning' - you won't turn back... :)

Yes straight coco works well. I did a test in that thread with cuts off the same mother with Rapid rooters and coco. They both rooted but the Rapid rooters rooted 2 days before the coco ones. Plus I have 3/4 of a bag of rr left. In a pinch I will go with the straight coco. RB

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Aero cloners are easy as shit to build. Fastest i've ever personally saw roots was 6 days, but a friend of mine who uses the same unit has had roots in 5 days. The past few times i haven't even used rooting gel, and that's when i saw roots in 6 days. So as far as ease of use and bang for the buck, an aero cloner is hard to beat. I make my cuts, stick them in the cloner, and i'm done until they have legs. This is of course after the excruciating task of dumping about 4 gallons of water into the unit. That about sums it up. ;)

I can't remember the last time i had a cut NOT root.

P

Pistil Pete

DIY bubble cloner. Cut them, scar them, dip them in rootone, and 6-10 days later they're ready for the soil. I use plain tap water which i rarely change, mostly just top it off. I set the cloner on the bottom of my veg box a bit shaded from the light by the other plants in there. Water temp hovers in the low 80's.
Since i've started using this thing i've lost maybe three cuttings out of at least 150.
Even my ECSD which was taking 20 days or more in rapid rooters (if they made it at all), shows roots in the cloner in about 10 days every time.

:character0027:

O

Old Yeller

Aero cloner here - got one of those small Botanicare 25 unit cloner machines & it works perfect, takes up no space & is quiet. Roots in 6 - 10 days depending on the strain. Ph'ed water with a little Superthrive or Hormex works great.
Tried all the cloning methods around & never had bad luck in Jiffys, Coco, Pearlite & RR's but the aero or bubbler's are so easy & fast to use i don't mess with anything else now.

M

Midnight

clonex ,rock cubes and dome trays works great 95 % root in 5-10 days
but will check out all the other great ideas here !!

in the winter when air is real dry i add a second tent kinda like a mini geenhouse under 15 buck and 2-trays will fit inside .. works great this is kinda like the ones i have

N

NBfrost

this is awsome , thanks for all the help from everyone , i went today and bought , coco - coir brick s , oasis cubes , rock wool , liquid root stimulator , and stem root . (wich is powder) im going to do some tests to see which is the best . In the high times for this month there is an article how to build and aero cloner , so i might do this when i have the extra cash laying around. I havent cloned in a long time, probally 2 years , so i hope this goes well . i need a bumber crop this year ..lol ... oh and i have the peat pellets as well.. i have a set of flouresents lights , with plant and aquariam lights in them . should i use them or just sit them to the side of my 400w mh ? thanks all for the awsome responses ... happy smoking

N

NBfrost

oh and i have some jump start cutting accelerator as well , anyone use this ?

Top Bottom