What's your favorite 4x4 LED light for 500$ or under

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Exactly what the title says... What's your favorite for $500 or less?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I would probably go for the Mars hydro FC-4800 but it’s gonna be slightly more I believe. You would even get great results running the FC-3000 model (300 watts) and that cost around 300$+.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Two Mars Hydro TSL 2000's.
I'd go with 2 Spider Farmer SF2000's. While perhaps not enough for the 5x5 I've been using, they've been great.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I'd go with 2 Spider Farmer SF2000's. While perhaps not enough for the 5x5 I've been using, they've been great.
They say 2 is good for a 4x4. I used 3 in my 5x5 and pulled 3lbs on my first harvest with one top, 5 weeks veg and zero training. Personal preference, I was going to try SF until they stopped using samsung LED's in some lights and charging the same price.

2Bad

2Bad

Appreciate the feedback guys I have the mars fce4800 for my first tent , I like it but ya know, first grow. Do you guys think coverage (length of light) is more important or the wattage? The fce has both

2Bad

2Bad

I’ve been using the sf1000 in my tent to grow 3 plants and I’ve had no issues. Only thing is if I turn the dimmer high enough I will burn the leaves. This light has been good to me so far so I’m sticking with it.
Yeah I’m in veg and I have the same thing happen

2Bad

2Bad

Damn I didnt know SF4000 is actually cheaper then the FCE4800 by mars.. always thought SF was more expensive. Welp its shitty to find out after I just bought my second fce4800.. whatev'ss

Edit: idk if this matters but the SF4000 might only be a flowering light and not veg because the lowest watts it goes is 240Watts. So I think overall I'm happy because I can veg with my fce4800

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

Nope, your wrong, I know the feeling of feeling ripped off so you convince yourself that the other product is no good and what you got is better. But all the spider farmer lights work just as good if not better then Mars hydro. But they work great for veg and flower. I’ve never had any issues with mine.
Idk it’s my first run. But I don’t feel scammed just missed out on saving a lil bit . But my plants right now can barely handle like 90watts n when i go over that they get stressed

8BFBD150 E084 49D1 AB85 99DFB6EE4156
2Bad

2Bad

You know how it is. As a grower you want to try new things but I honestly love my FCE 4800 or else i wouldnt of bought the same thing ya know lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Appreciate the feedback guys I have the mars fce4800 for my first tent , I like it but ya know, first grow. Do you guys think coverage (length of light) is more important or the wattage? The fce has both
Length of light is important. Also the quality of light is important too. Good LEDs run high efficacy. Here's an example of a lower cost 1 light solution for a 4 x 4. It is over $500 ... but the stretch isn't too far over budget to not consider it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom