What's your favorite coco nutrient?

• Thread starter Tdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tdawg

Sup farmer, finally got the time to start back up my room again. In the past i had ran both aero and UC, with the UC 8XL being my last run. Im going to steer away from the water culture for now and get into something more simple, it was either coco or soil and it came down to coco.

I have messed with coco in the past, fed the girls with the head formula along with epsom salt. Now my plan is to run four tables with maybe 1-2gal smart pots or whatever pot, drain to waste. Just going to keep it plain and simple.

My question is, whats new? any other nutrients i should be aware of when running coco? what works best and what i should steer away from. I dont want to run something with 10+ additives if you know what i mean. I have looked into CNS17, GH and a few others. Just want to hear what people are running out there and what has worked best for them.

Tdawg~

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

If you want to Keep It Simple, check out this thread:

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I like advanced Connie personally it freakin rules!

Rushoe

Rushoe

I have been using coco for a about 2 years almost now I think and I love it just now really getting the hang of how the coco really works holds a shit load of salts is you are not giving plain watering every so often to avoid any salts from building up in the medium I have gone threw using the heads with calmag and I was also using a tweaked lucas that never really did well for me cuz I wasn't giving plain watering and to much salts locked out my plants the results were smaller buds ... SO now I will let the run off tell me what to do run off is everything along side letting your nutes sit out for a few hours before adjusting ph if even needed. Doing all this sort of became overwhelming for me so decided to go with some ever more simple then having to run ro water with calmag and tons of mirco and bloom bottles shit made such a mess now I run tap water and maxibloom from gh its a powder nute that works very well with coco its a powerful stand alone nute one scope per gallon of tap water no calmag needed since my tap is at about 150/200 ppm and the maxibloom also contains cal and mag its ph buffered and always comes out to 6.0/5.9 which is perfect for coco well 5.8 really buy 6.0 works fine I use this even for vegg works very well and my mothers love it to all it needs is a bloom booster at the end like kool bloom powder for the last two weeks before flush to add the extra wight but I would try to get a bloom booster with no added N cuz by that time u plant has enough stored in it to take what it needs N wise

619ster

619ster

^^^^^ Yea dat!! Love Flora Nova Bloom for coco. Personally I like to KISS as much as possible. I run the same mix throughout my grows and tweak towards the end of bloom. I use FNB (for veg and bloom), Humboldt Nutrients Equilibrium (tops any cal-mag on the market IMO, but very thick clay-like substance so not suitable for drip or aero), and FloraBlend at a ratio of 2:3:5 ml of each (FNB:Equilibrium:FloraBlend). I also have Great White and Mykos which I use Mykos in transplants and in the medium, and monthly inoculations with Great White. I flush monthly and never have to deal with ph (I don't even own a meter). I feel I could have slightly better results but things are going way too smooth to try something else ATM. Only thing easier IMO would be to only water lol.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I second Chemchris Flora Nova Bloom flower
but i use Pura Vida grow for veg

G

Ground Up

RockinEarth juice Sugar Peak, brew for a day and half. poof..... hydro-organic... never issues, two years of no def.... 6 diff strains . no issues..!
i also add soy ful,and gsl 0-0-52 after stretch!!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
i use that as my base nutes and some pk 13/14

Yep, 6/9 with some additives..... pretty simple. I don't flush till the end, and they get fed 3 or 4 times a day for 30 seconds..... they get huge, and taste great...... of course I never feed too much PPMs... that's the key, I think.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Sounds to me like we all use a wide range of nutes and feel we are getting great results. That just goes to show how if you dial in your ppm, watering schedule and keep PH in check any nute line will work just fine. All depends on how complicated or not you want it, and how much you want to spend. Much depends on how "new" you are (how much you buy the nute companies "hype").

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds to me like we all use a wide range of nutes and feel we are getting great results. That just goes to show how if you dial in your ppm, watering schedule and keep PH in check any nute line will work just fine. All depends on how complicated or not you want it, and how much you want to spend. Much depends on how "new" you are (how much you buy the nute companies "hype").

At the end of the day there are 16 chemical elements plants need to grow and thrive. These elements are absorbed as ions. ALL IONS ARE THE SAME. The ions in AN, or GH, or H&G or Canna are all the same. The ratios might be different, there might be extra heavy metals in one and not the other, but IONS are IONS. Period. The rest is hype and marketing. Even organic grows, the organics breakdown into IONS. The decomposition process is what makes organic meds taste better than hydro, and that could be a simple matter of the heat generated by the organic decomposition leading to better absorbtion.....

Top Bottom