What's your favorite Motorcycle---Plane---

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Q: What the fastest way to make noise with gas with out the byproduct of horsepower?

A: Own a Harley..

True bikers are about the skill behind the sport, not the ass you can get in some run down Harley bar...

heheh ok that was a little harsh... :)

L

Lost

Im all over the fuel cell motocyzyzyzyzy.

Seriously i think the torque advantage, combined with the perectly linear power delivery (and the digital traction control that would surely accompany it). Even now on a motogp bike with traction control you cannot be at close to full lean and whack the throttle open, your still land on your ass.. But... the electronic traction control would deliver continous traction in a linear manner that would allow super early throttle application upon corner apex or earlier.. With a linear electronic motor that is.

So much of competition riding is abot early throttle application. Ben Spies was reported as saying that he gets on the gas 10 meters (30 feet!!!), before his competitors. This is whit a motor everyone agrees is way way under power, especially to the Ducati's and Honda's. Yet he laps faster. I do not think its an exageration to say he is 25-30 hp down on the Ducatis'...

Anyway, hope the moto cyzyzyzyzzy works out!

F

FastForward

I love the VRod - a classic imho. Was lucky to ride one for the entire day a few years ago on my birthday - hooned that badboy all around London....literally caned it silly....the (wanker) investment banker I borrowed it from never rode it and said it felt "a lot looser" after I had it ;)

Vrod

I'm also a big fan of the Ducati 916 - another classic. Never ridden one but I'd love to. You can keep your R1s and your GXRs....the 916 was the daddy....(just a piece of shit to maintain off track apparently).

And finally, the bike I always yearned for as a kid, but have still never owned or ridden, is the Virago 750. Deeply uncool these days but it was the baddest thing on two wheels when I was a kid.

Virago750

R

redog

re:Ha thats funny

You crack me up.Thrashin' the buisnessman's ride.
You can always tell a 916 that hasn't had any care.Sounds like it's about to come apart.Fell in love with that when it came out.
And the Virago-New these guys that worked at Kasson's Yamaha in south Austin back in the mid 80's.
Had some college kids at UT Austin design an aluminum frame for the engine and road raced the bitch.Called it "Lurch" Vernon and Mark of Kasson's Yamaha were a pair.

Lollipop,I dig it.Like to see a bigger pic of that ride.

Sachsenring this weekend-one of my favorite tracks on playstation.Seems most of the riders don't like it too much.

F

FastForward

You crack me up.Thrashin' the buisnessman's ride.

It was sooo funny...I had to stop in Camden Town to get some skins....came out to find the bike circled by droolers. Rode the bike around the corner and then skinned up on the saddle....had a massive smoke, put on my ipod and then spent the afternoon eating up backroads with red streamy eyes and a manic grin on my face :) (think of that scene in X-Men where Wolverine nicks Cyclops' superbike :))

The riding position and sheer power/torque make the vrod a thing of beauty....it's just such a shame they're not ridden and kept as penis extensions by bankers....

H

HazeVentura

Premium Member
Supporter
That's my favorite atm..........

MV Agusta Brutale 910 R 2006 07 1024x768
R

redog

Is that a Yamaha MT Concept

That's what it reminds me of.
One of the few V-Twins i'd own.

Oops,not even close.What is that?

Yamaha 2003 MT01a
B

BigSatan

I own an 84 cow kz700 cafe race bike from back in the day a year or two before the crotch rockets caught on. This little bike can move unbeleivable really for its age. Before I realized just how fragile life is I frequently took it well above the 160mph speedo
peg and still felt I had more to go...actually broke several speedo
cables that way! Anyways i see these crazy new race bikes out there and I just wonder where the limits gonna be. I mean I've been riding bikes my whole life and ya gotta have a ton of balls and super skills to ride at those speeds and not die. Just letting off the throttles like slamming brakes over about 120mph...nowadays "bess" my black cow rests under a sheet in the garage lots of peeps have tried buying her but shes part of me and I'd hate to see her kill someone,little by little I'm restoring her to brand new for?

I'd love a fuel cell enduro that could perform as well or better than a big ass 4 stroke...be fun as hell and super quiete for seeing wildlife in deep country.

I got couple three hogs nowadays couple 52 tote goats ...and a big ol honda 650xrL dirtbike for fun but i'm getting old and long rough rides mess the neck back n kidneys up pretty bad. My kidneys are so darn sensitive from all the riding is pathetic take my advice youngins wear ya a kidney belt when ya ride all the time. Its not about what bikes under ya at all its the rush ya get blazin down the road bros.
Freedom to me is that wind in my face.
ride to live live to ride

R

redog

Nicky Hayden 4th in free pactice #2

That kid needs a podium on the Duc.

The YF-23 didn't make it to production did it?

Check out the vanity plate on my old R1.
I had some good ones over the years:LIQRBOX was on the C5 Hardtop I owned.Had CAMLTOE and CAMLTOW,BUNZUP also.Guys loved it.Girls hated them.

BigSatan-gotta agree on much of that.It's scarey popping up out of the bubble at anything over 150.My old worn out ass can't take to much mud puppy stuff anymore.Does put a smile on the face more than anything I do.

My 2000R1
LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

For me my favorite bike is the bike I own :stonedsmilie: 2005 ninja 636 arata slip on,ohlins interals in the front ohlins thriple clicker for the rear,sato rear sets and frame slider, brembo master cylinder,steel braided lines and a few other small goodies.
http://i96.invalid.com/albums/l198/gamez234240/DSC01951.jpg

and heres a pic of the bike in action

http://i96.invalid.com/albums/l198/gamez234240/CP__8997.jpg

And if I could fly it would be with thats dude personal jet pack I think the dudes name is rossi. ( not the moto gp star)

R

redog

Re; Sweet

LD,sweet ride.I have an $1800.00Arata full pipe on my ZX12R.Gorgeous stuff those guys make.At first I thought you bike was a ninja 250.Just got one of those last year and I love it.Post pics when it's done.I'm "deboofing"it and adding all the goodies I want.Lots of carbon fibre from Japan.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

LD,sweet ride.I have an $1800.00Arata full pipe on my ZX12R.Gorgeous stuff those guys make.At first I thought you bike was a ninja 250.Just got one of those last year and I love it.Post pics when it's done.I'm "deboofing"it and adding all the goodies I want.Lots of carbon fibre from Japan.

yeah its was like an extra 1000 bucks or so for the full system so I was ehhh my bike is fast enough I just want some sound a tad bit of tuning capability. The 250 is an awesome bike espically the new models I really like the updated fairings. It was nice when I wasnt paying rent I was able to dump all my cash into my bike and new tires and trackdays now its been a year since ive been to the track.... :angry

L

leao

My favorite bike would be my 2007 CBR 600 RR. Only mods I've made are a fender elim. kit and a carbon fiber slip-on from Yoshimura. I love her cuz' she's my first and only one at the moment, so I guess it has to be my favorite!

Nice to see a lot of riders here.

R

redog

Donnington 7 26 2009

Man. . . . . just did MotoGP on the net and kept tabs thru the laps on the front page.That had to be the best race of the year.Wish I had a decent isp or even Speed channel.

Top Bottom