whats your favorite, water only hot soil mix?

• Thread starter doctordank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
doctordank

doctordank

hey guys n girls,
WHAT IS YOUR FAV WATER ONLY HOTSOIL MIX?
im new to growing organic. i have always used the fox farms nute line with the ff bloom boosters(wich has worked out just fine). the reason i wanted to switch to organic was because of the the great taste of the final product. the main reason for this thread is so i can compare different mixes and find the one i like best... thanks for the help everyone & 420 to all, DD

M

mrbong73

Depends on what you have available and what you are willing to source. The most important component in any organic soil mix is having a high quality humus source.
Loading it up with pounds and pounds of dry fert mix will only get you so far.
There isn't any one mix that is the best. You have to make do with what you have and what you can get.
Making your own compost and ewc is a great place to start.
The beauty of building your own soil mix doesn't come out until you have used and recycled the mix a few times. It only gets better over time if managed correctly.

mrb

doctordank

doctordank

Thanks man, but I already understand about humus and the basics about dry nutes. Any feedback is good feedback. Although what I really want to hear back from you guys n girls is everyone's different hot soil mix recipes. I am goin to be switching over to a hot mix, so I would like to compare and see which one works best. I can get just about any of the ingredients out there so don't hold back!!

M

mrbong73

Here's what I am working with at the moment.

Here's a good link for more info on potting mixes in general.

G

gooey

i really like the moonshine mix, simple, very hot, works for most plants....i have notice heavy feeders like the mix more than light feeders, just my 2 cents, plenty of info on icmag about this mix....gl with your journey

Top Bottom