Whats Your Favorite Way To Start From Seed.

• Thread starter Unosnow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Unosnow

Unosnow

I personally like starting in a solo cup with a moist super soil mix in a dark tent and give them a spray here or there, waiting for the sprout and going to florescent and then to LED 18/6 until the next transplant (into 4' if photo non-fems and into 3g smarts if photo-fems)

How about you guys?
New to this so any tips would help!

Maxigurl

Maxigurl

I like using root riot plugs mildly moistened . I place the seed several centimeters into the small pre made hole .
Keep them inside a tray with a humidity dome .I set the tray on top of a heat mat in the dark . Once the seedlings sprout I take the dome off offer very mild ventilation as the seedlings aren't to strong yet and start with my t5 a few feet above the seedlings . On a daily basis I lower the t5 gradually . I have had 100% success rates with this method and it's the quickest way I know of . I don't pre soak seeds or do the paper towel method , personally I find it unnecessary.

Monster762

Monster762

Regular old jiffy peat pellets. Swell em up with warm water put the seed in the middle n lightly cover it.

fatawa

fatawa

Cup of water 24hrs,then drop n presoakd rockwool(ph'd 5.5,10ml root stimulant),keep on something warm,they pop n 2-3 days

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

If it ain't broke, dont fix it.
I put a folded wet paper towel inside a sealed zip lock bag with all the beans I want to grow. Its a never-fail, nothing fancy method. You can see right through the bag and paper towel to see if they've grown tails yet.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Shot glass with water until a decent tap starts in cupboard above fridge, then into solo cup. Put zip lock baggie over solo to create a humid enviroment.

Paper towel, wet, place seeds inside. Blow up to make a "pillow", Seal. Place in cupboard above fridge. Pot when tap is 1/4". Put baggie over to to create a humid environment.

Hydro head

Hydro head

I put in paper towel somewhere dark and warm, keep it damp not soaking, usually 24hrs or so got a taproot then into 1 inch root riot block in propogater under 125w fluorescent light(veg) then 2-3 days later has its first set of leaves so pot it and away I go

Unosnow

Unosnow

Ahh im always so afraid i will break or misplace the initial root that springs when germing in towels or water.
This super soil i found stays plenty moist through the germ process in solo cups, just throw a room thermostat on around 75 (i know its not cost effective using that much electricity but its only for 4-7 days and the room i choose for some reason just has always done right by me)

Latest posts

Top Bottom