What's your opinion on regulation?

• Thread starter soakedGrain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soakedGrain

soakedGrain

I know this is a grow forum but I want to see everyones opinion on cannabis politics. I find cannabis politics and history(especially in the US) fascinating. It seems like cannabis is a great model for how power moves from people to government and businesses and if you get in the way you get smacked down.

soakedGrain

soakedGrain

100%. The only thing you need to walk in to a store and buy it is ID, to make sure you're old enough. Just like alcohol or cigarettes.

Every household is allowed to grow 4 plants, and we are allowed to mail cannabis to each other if we want.

It's a beautiful thing.
Now wonder you guys are so nice 🤣

Pondracer

Pondracer

Corruption in the system that regulates the licensing is rampant in my state. That, combined with the limited number of commercial licenses makes it a cash cow for connected politicians.

Shlep

Shlep

Organics should not be controlled by an entity filled with corruption; I don't recognize the 'fed gov' any longer. When govs cross the line on the contract, then, they are no longer legit. That's been done many times.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Here in Canada the regulations are extremely strict and the government just gives out licenses. There are 700+ licenses but the top 5 cannabis companies grow enough to supply the entire market. In my small town of 40,000 people there are 13 dispensaries. I have never seen more than two other customers in there while i'm in there. A lot of the times what you buy is not actually what it says it is. Canada sucks for legal weed because the restrictions are way to tight. It's all about the public plays and which shareholders can make the most money. The losses from each public company is insane. It's quite scary to be honest.

Shlep

Shlep

Here in Canada the regulations are extremely strict and the government just gives out licenses. There are 700+ licenses but the top 5 cannabis companies grow enough to supply the entire market. In my small town of 40,000 people there are 13 dispensaries. I have never seen more than two other customers in there while i'm in there. A lot of the times what you buy is not actually what it says it is. Canada sucks for legal weed because the restrictions are way to tight. It's all about the public plays and which shareholders can make the most money. The losses from each public company is insane. It's quite scary to be honest.
When I went to Canada's Wonderland a few years ago, I stopped off at a shop in the am and, although I was the first, there was a line of about 10 people when I got to the window. A jamican woman owned the shop, but, I had 'befriended' the worker whom I spoke with while waiting and he told her to give me a discount. :) Still too pricey, but....

Jakecan

Jakecan

When I went to Canada's Wonderland a few years ago, I stopped off at a shop in the am and, although I was the first, there was a line of about 10 people when I got to the window. A jamican woman owned the shop, but, I had 'befriended' the worker whom I spoke with while waiting and he told her to give me a discount. :) Still too pricey, but....
Don't get me wrong most of the dispensary owners are super nice and hopeful. It's just the government and how the top stock plays have dictated the rules and regulations. It's hard for the little guys to make anything ya know? Lot of mom and pop growers who have sunk their life savings into turning on a facility for it to never be lit up.

Shlep

Shlep

Don't get me wrong most of the dispensary owners are super nice and hopeful. It's just the government and how the top stock plays have dictated the rules and regulations. It's hard for the little guys to make anything ya know? Lot of mom and pop growers who have sunk their life savings into turning on a facility for it to never be lit up.
Don't get me wrong... I had nothing wrong with what you are saying or said.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Don't get me wrong... I had nothing wrong with what you are saying or said.
Canadian cannabis regulations hits a sore spot for me and i could rant about it for days 😅 That why I will stick to growing my weed! Get some good quality stuff and a shit ton of it for a bit of work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom