What's your opinion on too much water in drip tray?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I know you're supposed to remove runoff right away. To make things easier I recently switched to a shop vac. It does leave some little puddles in each tray (calling them puddles is being generous) should I make sure to get those cleaned up too?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I know you're supposed to remove runoff right away. To make things easier I recently switched to a shop vac. It does leave some little puddles in each tray (calling them puddles is being generous) should I make sure to get those cleaned up too?
don’t create an area for mold mildew or pest to start breeding, because once it does, it’ll be hell.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Not to serious. As long as you got plenty of airflow.

KingHale

KingHale

don’t create an area for mold mildew or pest to start breeding, because once it does, it’ll be hell.
One of the methods that I use is to avoid overwatering. It’s tough, but if you can get a good grasp on what your plants need each day, you can avoid this altogether. I’m a little OCD, so I have a pitcher and I record how much water I give and how much runs off. This is only my third grow, but so far I’ve managed to be able to feed my 7 gallon pot with 1/4 gallon of water, which allows drainage and creates a drip but never really accumulates into a puddle. that’s the goal if you’re working with soil.
I know one of my earlier mistakes was to force water into my plant, which only flooded a bank of nutrients that it had created for itself. I was basically shocking my plant every time I overwatered it the day after feeding. That’s good for thought. Water management. Help your girls out. They like to dry out from time to time so give them some space and let them do their thing. The only way to mess things up is to overthink sh!t or be neglectful. Plants just want to be plants. They’re pretty chill and laid back about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom