Whats your opinon on this ??? yay or nay..

• Thread starter sm0tp0k3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sm0tp0k3r

So i heard from a few ppl that the last 3 days of flower leave the lights off get your room to a sub zero temp or as cold as you can and water them with ice cold water and leave like that for 3 days and there suppose to juice out a ton of extra crystal... what does everybody think about that...? be nice save that little bit of money on power... 8 bulbers arnt so cheap to run...

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Not sure if they would produce more crystals, but it WOULD probably purple up alot of your ladies.

B

bluewaves

I tried that last time ...sure got my flowers more stinky icky!

S

sin808

Never heard of that. I'll do a test group and give some feedback, but it'll be a while. I can't see it doing any real harm. Hopefully some more people see this tread and give it a try with a portion of their harvest and chime in with results. I'm pretty curious to see if there's a difference.

philly kush

philly kush

that cold water n temps will def purple them up some say it helps resin production also

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've heard of doing that 2 help the buds turn purp but didn't know it was good 2 help pack on more crystals..

K

kolah

I like to keep my plants happy and not subject them to any stresses other than breezes and winds. That's just me though.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
what damage could be done three days before execution?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

The cold temps will turn them purple for sure on any strain for the most part.

As far as keeping them for days in the dark, that will not really do anything other than deprive them days of potential growth, it is a very popular myth that lots of growers will swear by, but still a myth none the less.

Another popular one is what they call a "flush". Other than flushing periodically during a grow to keep salt build up at bay for a healthy medium, it does nothing either other than deprive the plant of nutrients. Again growers will swear by this one as well and claim it makes the weed taste or burn better or is somehow "cleaner" when in reality this is ALL done and controlled with the "curing" process.

Cheers!

johnursery

johnursery

The cold temps will turn them purple for sure on any strain for the most part.

As far as keeping them for days in the dark, that will not really do anything other than deprive them days of potential growth, it is a very popular myth that lots of growers will swear by, but still a myth none the less.

Another popular one is what they call a "flush". Other than flushing periodically during a grow to keep salt build up at bay for a healthy medium, it does nothing either other than deprive the plant of nutrients. Again growers will swear by this one as well and claim it makes the weed taste or burn better or is somehow "cleaner" when in reality this is ALL done and controlled with the "curing" process.

Cheers!

i would have to dissagree, i can deffinetely taste the difference in a well flushed plant that has been deprived of nutes, than a plant that is full of nutes with no flush, also it does burn better when its flushed well, turns to a grey ash instead of a black chunk that takes more tokes to finish and has a nasty, harsh taste to it...i do my work on tables so individuals finish at different times so some get flushed at the end and some get taken when there ripe but not flushed, they get the same treatment for drying and curing but the difference is stark, not subtle but a big difference IME

johnursery

johnursery

as for sub zero temps, your plant will not do anything, it will freeze solid, roots only absorb water at certain tempatures due to having enough oxygen in the water...if your going for purple colors go cold, but more is not always better

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

YAY.

this works. well the no light prior to the chop. i usually leave em off for 2 days. a friend tried this, he was sold. he then started promoting it amongst the crew. sure enough, we all do this now. :pimp:

M

midnightfarmer

I've heard that on the last few days a flush then have the temp a little warmer in your room like 30 and last 2days more hours of darkness than light and even though the cold adds alot to colour I think the thc is stronger from the dark and heat. :talking(thc is made in the dark hours ).
Anyway it seems to make a good smoke and work for me.

S

sm0tp0k3r

gotta disagree.. if you feed till the end the pot will not burn the ash will not be white it will be black. flushing isnt a myth. last week of there life should be just water even 10 days like i do, nothing worse then weed that wont burn.. no matter how u dry it or cure it you cant take the food out of it.

lazarus718

lazarus718

When I'm low on my own smoke and pick some up from buddies grabbing it from Cali I can notice a difference in taste and burn from my own. My stuff gets plain water only (sometimes some molasses) the last 10 days or so of my grows and it burns cleaner and smokes smoother than the stuff I buy. I also grow in soil and don't pump my girls full of steroids their entire life so that could be part of it as well. I say flush. As far as the lights go, not sure man. I hear both opinions all the time, I just don't see how going dark for 3 days will change anything in the plant. She already knows she is at her end and has been getting stickier trying to catch that pollen for weeks at that point, I think the plant's genetics tell her that at the end she isn't going to have enough time to mature a seed anyways. Might influence the terpines though, not sure.

C

casmel

gotta disagree.. if you feed till the end the pot will not burn the ash will not be white it will be black. flushing isnt a myth. last week of there life should be just water even 10 days like i do, nothing worse then weed that wont burn.. no matter how u dry it or cure it you cant take the food out of it.

Yes reaching the perfect nutrient level left in the plant at the harvest is very important for the final product . That means you have to adjust the nutrient level as the plant recycles and uses up the nutrients and stores is as thc and other plant matter in a way that near harvest all nutrients have used up and the processes have gone through with the nutrients . So it will be safe to smoke .
Cheers .

I

Island vibe

Just a little FYI

The Stichting Institute of Medical Marijuana (SIMM), one of their discoveries has been that to keep the ripe plants in the dark before harvesting could increase their potency.
SIMM's growers separated a crop of mature plants, harvested half of them and kept the other half in absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same.

Hope this helps :)

H

homer

Watch out for mold! Make sure you have enough dehums running to keep the humidity in check. This method will certainly add weight as the plants convert all available resources to the protection of their seeds (which shouldn't be there) through the production of resin.

Again, if you have a strain that is prone to mold or mildew you may want to just chop as normal or be super vigilant and check each and every plant every day for signs of mold.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Just a little FYI

The Stichting Institute of Medical Marijuana (SIMM), one of their discoveries has been that to keep the ripe plants in the dark before harvesting could increase their potency.
SIMM's growers separated a crop of mature plants, harvested half of them and kept the other half in absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same.

Hope this helps :)

got a link?

Top Bottom