whats your pest control system?

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

I just got a hand pumped pressure sprayer so i can begin a pest control regiment but wanted to check with everyone and see exactly what they use, how often etc...i really need this grow to go right so I'm covering all my bases the best i can and I know you Pro's can help point me in a better direction then trial and error..much appreciated as always gents :)

F

Faultline

I always put a yellow sticky card on top of the soil in my flower pots. This is an easy way to monitor for fungus gnats. I haven't had spider mite problems in a few years but when I did I used a pump sprayer with neem oil. mix according to directions and shake a lot because the oil does not mix well with water. spray the tops and more importantly the under sides of the leaves. Turn off the lights after application until there dry.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm not a pro but I use Azamax sprayed on the leaves at least twice a month in veg & once or twice in early flower

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I do the same as MakinGoo!! Azamax works great to treat infestations or just as a preventative measure!

S

sk2004

Flyswatter. And cap's foliar benes in a pressure sprayer. It's way more effective than just the flyswatter alone.

hybridvigor

hybridvigor

I use monterey garden (spinosad) and organicide. just don't burn sulfur for a few weeks after spraying the organicide cause it's oil.

dirk d

dirk d

ya those yellow glue strips are great. i used azamax every 5 days for 2 months the only time i had spider mites. Shower more often. do all your gardeneing duties before you go outside.

Oh ya and the most important preventative measure is CLEAN YOUR F'IN GROWROOM!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I do not visit other grow. I will be sterilizing my coco and no clones... only seeds.

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not visit other grow. I will be sterilizing my coco and no clones... only seeds.
My kind of control. I bought some bad coco in SD loaded with bugs. I am going to chech into what it would cost to have a pallet of coir radiated down at the Port,like they do with veg and fruit coming in.
The best control is wear only a set on clothes deticated to the grow room along with socks/covers for the feet and wash your hands.
I am sorry but those that use poison on plants with no problems are lame. Learn to be a farmer rather then a manufacturer. JK

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yea I checked with my local hydro shop and they do not order from one of the distributors who keeps their stuff outside. All their pallets are inside the store. But either way... they are getting baked before they hit the grow rooms and will be treated with Met and natural repelants. Pestisides only if they show up... if they are bad... cut down and resterilize the room. This is my personal grow for me and a few vet buddies but even still I agree brother.

J

jamzgoodguy

it may best solution

3 month ago i was really lost the crop due to pest attack;(. yields only very slightly:sign0055:. after asking my friend, he recomend me to visit this site:

:hunter:
and thankfully the pest is reduced drastically. maybe it can help you?:banana1sv6:

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Neem, Azamax, and a sulphur burn or two up to 3 weeks into flower. Then let them ride!

H

him

thanks for all the replies so far guys, definitely very helpful :)

H

him

hey guys, as i REALLY appreciate all the advice you gave me , maybe you can take a look at all the pics i posted on my other thread and help me figure out wtf is wrong..the plant doesnt look too bad but its REALLY stressing me out..

Top Bottom