Whatz Up Farmers

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

They are alive...... Live!!!
I'm breathing a great sigh of relief, because if I lost these OG mothers, I would have to go into my grow and cut some from plants that are three weeks into flower.
None of my grow buddies have this strain anymore for one reason or another, so at the moment, I am the sole keeper...whew!

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

What kinda Og?

Im teaching a kid how to grow. He just finished his first run. Second time around he took cuts from a flowering plant.

Awhile later, I ran into him again and he had some some new plants. I said man! U got some new clones, what are they?

Monster he said....

I said what the f... Is that...

He explained that he took clones from the flowering plant but it changed genetics....

I said what the f...

He thought the funky the leaves u get from the plant bursting through re veg was a new plant!

Monster it was..

ken dog

ken dog

Several years ago a friend of mine popped and flowered 10 OG Kush seeds, and picked out this pheno... I was gifted it approximately 2 years ago.

Not sure where he got the seeds...and it is purported to be the standard OG Kush.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Coming from cali.... OG is in my blood. I just feel bad for some kids now a days that will never know what old school og tastes like...

Everything crossed to everything..

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

I miss that og , I lived in Cali on and off 96-08, I used to work in the skateboard industry , I was in the bay for the purple craze in 04-06 , but yeah the real og is a memory for me I'm out in New England and don't really network out here much ...

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Really.... What were u doing in skateboards?

Im in Paris right now and just picked up a carver skateboard... Loving surfing in the city.

Still looking for that purple.... O grew everything I could. Urkle, sr-71, every kind of pk, nothing had that stone of og.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

I mostly did inhouse sales for some of the big brands, and at one point climbed the corporate ladder and became general manager . Some of the funnest times ever, lifelong skateboarder . So yeah , the purples didn't have the kick, but we were all crazy for the colors... I never really had much purple bud before .

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah, I watched people freak out about the purps....

Bro! I grew up skating upland pipline with the alba brothers, Jim grey, Lucero...

That was good times...

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

No!! That's a crazy one! I bet you have better stories than me!! I grew up in the 80s and those dudes were the best ... Too cool!! I met Lucero at a trade show, I used to work for Fausto, if you know that name

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

He was the guy that started independent!

Still love those trucks.

I grew up skating socal. Del Mar, Dogtown, upland. We skated all the empty pools during the drouts.

Build ramps.

Anything, when there was no surf..

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Yes! He started Thrasher Magazine. Too. One of the coolest guys ever , moved here from Argentina , didn't speak the language , learned it from listening to baseball, was a mechanic for the Harley race team , when he started Indy . He married a Bond girl, started an empire , and when he passed his obituary was in Time magazine . I feel blessed to have known him .

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah.... I was to much of a kid to have even known who he was personally.

But I knew about him.

Buddy.... Its been a ride. I left socal at 19

Moved up to Humboldt. Spent 16 years in the industry up their. Moved down to Rio de janerio.

Now im spending half my time in Paris and half my time in brasil.

Thats pretty much the short version.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

[QUOTE ="Humboldt.Rio, post: 1702084, member: 40169"]Enjoying ur weekend brother?
Yes, hope you are as well! :)

Here's a happy picture for your enjoyment, taken just a moment ago...[/QUOTE]
Ken!! For some reason yesterday, the bloom room pic didnt come on. What u got, led's? Howz that working for u?

ken dog

ken dog

Yes. .. I've Got 5 400 watt hid with hortilux bulbs... And 4 LEDs that give me 900 watts.
Almost 3000 watts in an 8 by 8 canopy.
This is my third run with a mix, and I think I like it better than pure LEDs.
Right now, I am using ozone to sterilize my Nutrient solution.
Here's another pic taken just a moment ago, through Method 7 sunglasses.

Last edited:
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Nice buddy!!

What didn't u like about the results of straight led?

So a mixture of hps and led..... Interesting

Im messing around with hps and mh with UV right night. Hence bringing bulbs on a plane!!

ken dog

ken dog

From my anecdotal point of view, I found that I needed a lot of watts per square foot when running LEDs to get good results... close to 75 watts per square foot .
And I felt that the light simply wasn't enough to give the same sort of quantity that HPS allows for.

Top Bottom