When are clones mature enough to take out of cloner???

• Thread starter Mr. Greenthum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr. Greenthum

I have been growing for a couple years now and have just been buying my clones from a friend.. 14 days ago i put cuttings into my homemade cloner.
Now 14 days later i have roots! but now i have to let them grow in before i put them in a ebb and flow table how long should i let the roots get?? I will provide pics when i can get them but this is all i got for now.:worried

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

idk about a scientific answer bro but i've pulled clones and put them into multiple mediums with as little as a 2" of roots and waited for as much as 12" of roots. they both survived it's a weed it will not die easy lol.

personally i like to let them get long like 5-6" so they are nice and full and healthy. you always want a plant to be as healthy and as strong as possible when you are going to deliberately induce stress (transplanting) is just a logical assumption to me so i wait until i see a full root mass not just a few off the stem and once they are rapidly growing then i move them to their next phase of life.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Sounds like a pretty reasonable answer bro THANKS! If anyone would change anything then why? Im pretty satisfied with ur answer so i may gow with it unless someone can give better answer.

B

Beasters X Haze

i'd start juicing em with roots excelly and nutes, get em growing and green, then transfer

M

Mr. Greenthum

what should i put my ppms and ph at if i put nutrients in there?

L

Lost

what should i put my ppms and ph at if i put nutrients in there?

500-750.. Remember clones are plants not seedlings and should not need the careful PPM treatment after rooting. 1/2 rate of nutes for a week or two only..

M

Mr. Greenthum

just curious can u leave a clone in a cloner as long as u want if u feed it?

L

Lost

yup, till it gets too big.. I have sex flowered plants in thecloner and took them full term for shits (they were seeded, I ran males and females and harvested the seeds)

L

Lost

Cool bro, so i can grow a seed out of a cloner?

Wait I might have misunderstood.. I took clones from seedlings to determine sex. Then I let them pollenate each other and ran the females for the seeds..

Then ran the original seedlings in another run.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Can i stick a seed in a Neoprene plug and grow it? I know theres more steps then just that.

L

Lost

Nope, you gotta germ it at least. Never run a str8 seedling in a cloner.I sure u can do it Just never needed to...

L

Lost

Germ, transplant, take clones, run them 12/12 to figure out what is female and whats male.. Cull the male seedlings.. Once you know sex the pants in the cloner are basically trash unless you wanna make some seeds.. :)

L

Lost

Just a side note, I find if I 24/0 that the seedlings never have nuff hormone build up to sex (its light sensitive, thats how the plat knows to sex. If nuff of this hormone build up in the dark period it triggers flower, Light destroys this hormone *as I understand it*)..)

S

steelyeyes

As for how long. I let mine get good roots on them and then I add nutes at half strength to the cloner. When the plants grow another set or two of leaves I pot them in my net pots. They take off pretty well after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom