when can I fertilize safely?

• Thread starter lbl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lbl

This is my oldest seedling, about 4 weeks. I made a rookie mistake 2 weeks ago and fertilized too early and with the wrong stuff. I did this to 4 plants. 2 didnt make it and this is the biggest survivor. And its growing faster lately. I ordered fox farms grow big veg simulator last week. Should be here tomorrow. When can I feed my baby safely?

When can i fertilize safely
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Are you in soil or coco? If coco, then I wait until they start showing a deficiency and start them on light feeding...if your in good soil, then it really depends on the soil but pretty much the same thing, don't feed until they need it...

L

lbl

Im growing in bagged soil. So I should wait for my plants to show me what signs?

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless you are extremely lucky you have bagged wood. You need to know if it was pre treated. Unless you are in the boonies I would take some of that in a cup and some good ro water and go down to your local hydro store. Have them tell you what the ppm difference is. And pH.
Plants that small really do not need N. I would give them a light flower or plug formula with some zinc say 80-100 ppm 6.1 pH. You need to develop your roots first. JK

Read more one of your signs is a fading green or purpleing

Reactions: lbl
L

lbl

Unless you are extremely lucky you have bagged wood. You need to know if it was pre treated. Unless you are in the boonies I would take some of that in a cup and some good ro water and go down to your local hydro store. Have them tell you what the ppm difference is. And pH.
Plants that small really do not need N. I would give them a light flower or plug formula with some zinc say 80-100 ppm 6.1 pH. You need to develop your roots first. JK

Will fox farm grow big be ok? I have some. Roots developing rapidly

L

lbl

Also the soil is called jolly gardner potting soil. Ever heard of it?

Top Bottom