When diluting hard water with RO is extra magnesium via epsom salts typically required?

• Thread starter optical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
optical

optical

Hi all, greetings from rural Waterloo region, ON!

I live in a part of the province that feeds a lot of the rest of our province. There are farms and fields in every direction that as far as I know do just fine with the regions tap water.

But this being said -- it's extremely hard out here. Around 330 PPM from the tap currently.

I saw in another thread that target PPM for cannabis is somewhere around 100, so I use 10L RO to 5L Tap and this puts me right around 100-115PPM.

My question is this: without knowing the exact concentrations of calcium and magnesium in our tap water (I've checked the regions website, sadly they only test for heavy metals and lead), and knowing that we have extremely hard 330PPM tapwater diluted down to around 115PPM with RO, would supplementing additional magnesium be required with epsom salts?

I just picked some up after seeing conflicting forum posts online and am still unsure on this

Big thanks again for any advice, cheers!!

Z

Zill

Optical,

With so much of your area in farming what do those commercial guys do. Epsom salts will supply Mg. If you didn’t dilute the water and used it directly would you need to supplement with Epsom salts. I’ll bet RO gets a little pricey.

Top Bottom