When do I fim

• Thread starter Meowzor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I am Curious, is there a reason you want to FIM instead of plain ole "Topping"?

Is grape ape all indica?

they look like they will be bushy on there own o_O

soserthc1

soserthc1

I am Curious, is there a reason you want to FIM instead of plain ole "Topping"?

Is grape ape all indica?

they look like they will be bushy on there own o_O
i fimm as apposed to topping Ken because when you fimm the center continue's to grow , hence several tops as apposed to just 2-3 and Meow most generally fimm at 4-5 internode
IMG 20120922 01137
picture above was fimmed twice then topped , creating 6 big top cola's just my way , sure can't argue with your results Ken but inside imho you need to create as many tops as possible to increase yield ...

soserthc1

soserthc1

If you don't mind me asking why grow with cfl's , the time and effort is not worth the reward if you wanna keep electric cost down you could always go led or a 250watt hps or even 150hps i personally have never went start to finish under cfl's but I can see it yielding much and thinking it would def take longer...... someone correct me if i'm wrong .... soser

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
picture above was fimmed twice then topped , creating 6 big top cola's just my way , sure can't argue with your results Ken but inside imho you need to create as many tops as possible to increase yield ...
I agree...depending on the strain...
Im sure FIM has its uses..But remember what FIM stands for....;)

Some stains, like the Bubba Kush I grow...Dont need any more branches!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
but those CFL's work Great while the plants are small!

soserthc1

soserthc1

but those CFL's work Great while the plants are small!
F@#$ I missed but that was the discovery of it. The more tops the better imho why cut something off to add two more when you can keep three, more is better in this case, i have only come across one strain that grew better un touched an that was tangerine dream and I didn't care for the smoke but it was a monster cola curious if you have encountered any others. Also I believe that Meowz is running the entire life of the plant's under cfl's , if not he makes no mention of switching over to a hps/mh and says its his first grow.....
Super lemon haze and my monster tang dream

Meowzor

Meowzor

I am using CFL because this is kinda an experiment. Tho from my understanding of reading and asking questions every where i go ,
I am vegging on CFLS when the plant doesnt need UV ray.
I use 6500k light spectrum. And in the far distance i am using 1 5000k. I think i might line the walls with some t8s and t5s. only cause they are laying around. Might be waste of time. They seem to be doing well.
I am going to use 400w metal halide when i veg along with the cfls.
Energy cost is not really an issue, its like 5$ a month to run 400 watt ballast 24/7.
I just only have a 400 Watt HPS Ballast. Tho i have both metal halide and hps bulbs both 400watt.
I was wondering if its wrong to use the Metal halide in the hps ballast, thats the only reason i am not using it. It is an old magnetic one. I can take pics upon request. I heard that i can get some stuff from radio shack or lowes or osh that i can do to the ballast to by pass the igniter. Your thoughts on this? Money is tight so i know you already typing get a new ballast they cheap..
Videos upload on my other thread in forum diaries.

Meowzor

Meowzor

Thank you for the replies. I also did search for topping and fimming using the sites search function. I did not find my answer there. Tho thank you guys, This helped. I could only find "How" to fim not "When" . even tho there is no book on how to do it the correct way. tho suggestions can lead to my own thoughts and actions of doing it

Top Bottom