When Do I Mark First Day Of Flowering?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I ha
LoL, I'm thinking it is not accurate. I'm not dropping the temp.

Is there a difference in how autos smoke? I'm sure I will enjoy it, but that's due to growing it myself.

Lots of "dumb" things out there, it's a path one has to navigate, figure out the dumb from the rest. Too bad too. But it is what it is. I try to read it all, filter as needed and do as I can. Being disabled, I have to adapt most things anyway.
I have a high tolerance. Every auto I,be tried is too weak for me. I see no reason to waste money on seeds when I already have thousands of seeds that make top shelf buds.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
that is so great! i hope to get to that point... but the learning is necessary, and with the help of folks like you i am hoping to not fall on my face too much! i felt like it was the way to go, for my first grow. especially with my limitations.

you, sir, are a great farmer and it shows in your production and knowledge (and you are a fun curmudgeon - said with admiration!). i can only hope to get to a point where i can grow the quality and beauty you do! but... that is lots of mistakes away, im afraid. the auto suits my needs... with the choice of auto or nothing, i choose auto! i have faith you and the great farmers here can pull me through the rough learning curve of the infamous first grow!

i worked most of my life for a defense contractor, so smoking was out of the question (although i was a youngun once upon a time...). it has just been recently that my circumstances changed. uncle sam made me do it! i was tired of trying everything and still feeling ... not so great, so this is the path i chose, it works well, but the expense is huge! so i thought, put the money in myself as a farmer! so, now i am pleasantly distracted from my own issues, im smiling a lot, and i have a goal and hope!!!

i wish i had found this site prior to the purchase of seeds and a light! i am sure i would have done it a bit differently! when there are 5000 hits when you google any weed related thing and 4000 are different ways and 1000 swear everyone but them is just wrong... hard to sift through!

thank you though, you are fun, and willing to help! cant ask for more!

i have just 14 seeds... well 12 now! but i ordered some from a really good guy here, poekie. it will more than double (well, quadruple) my seed count!!!

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

when there are 5000 hits when you google any weed related thing and 4000 are different ways and 1000 swear everyone but them is just wrong... hard to sift through!
Growing cannabis isn’t that different from growing any other plant. There is a ton of good info, from professional horticulturalist and actual farmers, on how to grow plants. Everything from making compost teas, building greenhouses, curing, soil fertility, etc, etc. Take almost any subject; i.e. powdered mildew - you can get better information from a professional wine grower than some guy growing in his basement. Want to learn about LEDs? Go to an Aquarium site. Want to learn how to make gummies? Martha Steward knows way more then Snoop Dog. Want to build a grow space? Listen to professional carpenters and HVAC. More often then not, it’s better to start learning outside the weed forums.

thcoso

thcoso

So I put my plants on 12/12 on December 17th and saw the first signs of flowering on the 23rd...

When do I mark Day 1? It's almost February and I'd like to prepare properly.

Thanks
I don't know about everyone else, but I mark mine the first time they receive 12 hours of darkness. Which is basically the same day I reset the timer.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Growing cannabis isn’t that different from growing any other plant. There is a ton of good info, from professional horticulturalist and actual farmers, on how to grow plants. Everything from making compost teas, building greenhouses, curing, soil fertility, etc, etc. Take almost any subject; i.e. powdered mildew - you can get better information from a professional wine grower than some guy growing in his basement. Want to learn about LEDs? Go to an Aquarium site. Want to learn how to make gummies? Martha Steward knows way more then Snoop Dog. Want to build a grow space? Listen to professional carpenters and HVAC. More often then not, it’s better to start learning outside the weed forums.
now you tell me!!! lol. there is some good info, but lots of bad too... it is the sifting that is the chore!

all good tips i will follow! thanks again

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

day one week one of flower is measured from the flip. It is the one constant that everyone can go by. If the breeders pack say 8 weeks, it’s from flip. That doesn’t mean the plant will be done in 8 weeks, the plant doesn’t care what the breeder put for a timeline..a plant is done when it’s done. There’s too many variables that can affect the timing including personal preference, environment, etc..A good rule of thumb is follow what the breeder has as a timeline suggestion from the flip and when it’s close to that time, start keeping tabs on its ripeness. You can keep track however you want though, the simple answer is, it’s done when it’s done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom