When do I should do my watering ?

• Thread starter Jayvelo86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

When is the best schedule time to water my plants a few hours when the lights off cycle starts or when the lights on cycle starts or any time of the day?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks I was feeding them at 9 and the light go off at 1
Ideally yes, when the lights come on BUT I feed them when they need water. If you look at them through the day or at lights out and they're hanging in need of water,,,,, then water don't worry about the time....better they get water when needed then wait for the best time. I lose lower leaves when I let them get too dry.

sambapati

sambapati

Ideally yes, when the lights come on BUT I feed them when they need water. If you look at them through the day or at lights out and they're hanging in need of water,,,,, then water don't worry about the time....better they get water when needed then wait for the best time. I lose lower leaves when I let them get too dry.
Good answer Pipecarver

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

That sound good but will try not to do it at night πŸ‘πŸ‘

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

pretty much plants do not transpire much at all at night because they are not photosynthesizing. So watering early in the light cycle is best practice as this is when the plants are taking up the most water from the roots. If your saturating the pots this gives time for the plants to uptake a good amount of water before night time. This will also reduce the root pressure in the rootzone that can force water into the plants at night if its high leading to a high likelihood of guttation. Guttation is a plants way to deal with water stress caused by high root pressure. Its like the safety valve on a hot water tank. Where guttation occurs it can create a vector for bacteria and fungi to infect the plant and the droplets can burn the edges once the light is on. If i need to water late in the day i give just a little then water fully in the first few hrs of lights on.

I'm not saying you can't water whenever just that I would consider it best practices to do so early in the light cycle.

This is probably a bit more info than needed to answer the question but figured I would explain the way I understand it.

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

pretty much plants do not transpire much at all at night because they are not photosynthesizing. So watering early in the light cycle is best practice as this is when the plants are taking up the most water from the roots. If your saturating the pots this gives time for the plants to uptake a good amount of water before night time. This will also reduce the root pressure in the rootzone that can force water into the plants at night if its high leading to a high likelihood of guttation. Guttation is a plants way to deal with water stress caused by high root pressure. Its like the safety valve on a hot water tank. Where guttation occurs it can create a vector for bacteria and fungi to infect the plant and the droplets can burn the edges once the light is on. If i need to water late in the day i give just a little then water fully in the first few hrs of lights on.

I'm not saying you can't water whenever just that I would consider it best practices to do so early in the light cycle.

This is probably a bit more info than needed to answer the question but figured I would explain the way I understand it.
Well explained man really thanks for the knowledge πŸ‘πŸ‘

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good answer Pipecarver
Life and laziness sometimes gets in the way of.." the best practices " We all strive to do it the right way but even looking at them daily keeping track on my computer of what and when I sometimes look and go WTF did I do. plants hanging like they're dead arggg.water needed desperately. The best practice's need a follow up guide for what to do after you FK up as some of us old pot heads tend to do sometimes.
πŸ‘΄πŸ‘΄πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Jayvelo86

Jayvelo86

Life and laziness sometimes gets in the way of.." the best practices " We all strive to do it the right way but even looking at them daily keeping track on my computer of what and when I sometimes look and go WTF did I do. plants hanging like they're dead arggg.water needed desperately. The best practice's need a follow up guide for what to do after you FK up as some of us old pot heads tend to do sometimes.
πŸ‘΄πŸ‘΄πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

πŸ‘΄πŸ‘΄πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
100% agree brother... life makes best practices hard... just a goal to strive for.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Still more worried about over watering than under, especially since I'm using BX but is this tip burn related to under or something else watered a bit sooner last time but it seems to be a hair worse & I see some slight curl that I assume to be related to over watering a bit.

20200831 094715

Latest posts

Top Bottom